• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

Slo

I just want consistency and I think it works here

There really isn't OPI or DPI on a Hail Mary in the end zone...that's just how they're officiated.

I just don't think "because it's an exciting moment" is a good enough reason to change the rules. I dunno.

cdyhybrid

packseahawks2.jpg

ok

Is that supposed to disprove it or something? No view of the ball isn't really helping your point.

It's okay, we all saw it. We all know now that the catch was legit.

I knew you'd come around wienke. All that anguish after the NFCCG was just frustration with your team. You couldn't hate us forever :')

Is that supposed to disprove it or something? No view of the ball isn't really helping your point.

I knew you'd come around wienke. All that anguish after the NFCCG was just frustration with your team. You couldn't hate us forever :')
The Seattle Supersonics

bionic77

Rodgers makes those hail mary passes look so routine.

He has taken the mantel from Jeff George and is now the most talented qb of all time. He can also claim to be good, something George could never say...

Bread

Banned
Go read my original post. I said Cobb extended his arms, but it's not like the defender tumbled forward.

What Richard Sherman did to Julio Jones is pass interference.

Read.
You said "he extended his arms but he didn't push anyone" which is false

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just don't think "because it's an exciting moment" is a good enough reason to change the rules. I dunno.

Like I said, it's not really a change of rules if the NFL consistently calls it every single game. It's an unwritten nuance that literally everyone knows about and surprises no one. It doesn't give any one team the advantage via blown calls due to the consistency in which the rule is applied in that situation.

Here ya go

tumblr_mb0ka25Mro1rtulta.jpg

Edit: well you'll have to copy paste because I'm on mobile and can't figure out why that doesn't work

lucius

The whole running around with no shirts on before game was stupid though, it is a distraction when you drop passes that would result in scores when your teams has problems scoring.

Slo

Rodgers makes those hail mary passes look so routine.

He has taken the mantel from Jeff George and is now the most talented qb of all time. He can also claim to be good, something George could never say...

Greatest Raider QB of all time.

cdyhybrid

Like I said, it's not really a change of rules if the NFL consistently calls it every single game. It's an unwritten nuance that literally everyone knows about and surprises no one. It doesn't give any one team the advantage via blown calls due to the consistency in which the rule is applied in that situation.

Here ya go

tumblr_mb0ka25Mro1rtulta.jpg

Riveting evidence.

Here, I'll help you:

qgSecmT.gif

Two hands on the ball as he goes to the ground. Tie goes to the receiver. Legit TD.

Own your hypocrisy, Packers-Age.

Lol. The Packers defender had two arms on the ball and had it pinned to his body. The Seattle reciever had one arm touching the ball.

You also probably believe the refereeing in last night's game was fair.

It was fair. It was equally terrible for both teams.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Riveting evidence.

Here, I'll help you:

qgSecmT.gif

Two hands on the ball as he goes to the ground. Tie goes to the receiver. Legit TD.

Awesome evidence

Where is the second hand? The hand that's visible isn't even on the ball the whole time

Sephzilla

Riveting evidence.

Here, I'll help you:

qgSecmT.gif

I see a Packer defender who gets two arms around the ball and even manages to separate the ball from the Seattle player for a moment. A reciever who has possession doesn't let separation like that happen.

Also the ref closest to the play called it an INT

cdyhybrid

Awesome evidence

Where is the second hand? The hand that's visible isn't even on the ball the whole time

You can see it in the shot from the middle of the field, brah. It's literally right there in the .gif.

You can admit it, it's okay. The game is long over. Tate doesn't even play here anymore.

ElcFAr0.gif

Defender did not tumble forward or get moved, so he didn't get "pushed". We're arguing semantics here, but you two are arguing in favor of touch calls on a hail mary play to win this argument.

No, if anyone is arguing semantics, it's you. He extended his arms and affected the movement of a defender towards him. That's pushing off.

I don't care about not calling it. I'm just calling bullshit on all the Packers fans that complained about the Golden Tate catch yet calling that play legit.

Top Bottom