• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

The last time the Dolphins won a road playoff game their quarterback was Dan Marino. It was against the AFC West's Seattle Seahawks. I was 13 years old.

Jarnet87

The last time the Dolphins won a road playoff game their quarterback was Dan Marino. It was against the AFC West's Seattle Seahawks. I was 13 years old.

And then they faced the Jags and took the worst ass whooping of their lives. Dolfans won't have to worry about getting embarrassed by the Pates, the Steelers will do it this weekend.

Good morning everyone

Think of it like a fine wine.. once you win.. you can pop that bottle open after it aged long enough and you're gonna savor it.

Only thing I want to know about any of these QB's - do they play in a pro style offense? Y/N
Outside of Jameis, not many schools run pro offenses anymore at the power five level.. Even Bama has abandoned the pro style offense. I can think of five of the top ten schools who really run it any more..

I don't necessarily disagree with your concerns for the spread and necessarily Mariotta who made me nervous myself coming out of school, but if you're waiting for a top QB to come from those top schools.. you'd be waiting forever. (That's why we are seeing QBs rise from D3 schools a la Josh Allen and Wentz which brings its own concerns.

Wasn't that the most lopsided playoff score ever at the time also?
One of the worst and it was Marino's last game too

And then they faced the Jags and took the worst ass whooping of their lives. Dolfans won't have to worry about getting embarrassed by the Pates, the Steelers will do it this weekend.
Yeah, the last time the Dolphins made it to the AFCCG was 1992 where they lost to the Bills. It's been a pretty fun life of fandom for me, let me tell ya.

I don't think this game is a lock for the Steelers. A blowout wouldn't surprise me but neither would a hard fought Dolphins win. Tough to predict.

Think of it like a fine wine.. once you win.. you can pop that bottle open after it aged long enough and you're gonna savor it.
But like, what if I'm dead tho.

Jimmy Durkin ‏@Jimmy_Durkin 14h14 hours ago
Carr admits now that he did actually break, not just dislocate, his finger. #Raiders

Makes a ton more sense now why they refused to have him take a snaps from under center.

DMczaf

Where the hell is the offseason thread? Me and DM bout to stroll up in that bitch like:

american-males-o.gif

squicken

So I listened to the radio yesterday and I guess Rick Smith is the one who leaked it to Glazer that O'Brien is getting fired. LZ said Rick sits next to the owner for a reason and that BoB is dust. As far as playing Oswillier that is BoB's decision b/c w/o knowing Savage's status they need to practice this week with the guy that can start

So anyway once they lose they will need a new coach, and whoever gets that job has to know that he will take every bullet even if the mistakes are Rick's

MechDX

So I listened to the radio yesterday and I guess Rick Smith is the one who leaked it to Glazer that O'Brien is getting fired. LZ said Rick sits next to the owner for a reason and that BoB is dust. As far as playing Oswillier that is BoB's decision b/c w/o knowing Savage's status they need to practice this week with the guy that can start

So anyway once they lose they will need a new coach, and whoever gets that job has to know that he will take every bullet even if the mistakes are Rick's

If all this is true and BOB is fired and Smith retained I can not in good conscience support this clown show

I don't care how "bad" the division is you don't fire a coach who in 3 years turned over 80% of the roster, has had no losing season and won the division 2 of the 3 years.

Why would Mcnair want to get rid of Rick Smith? That's the challenging part of this for me.

The Texans have talent, they have an identity, they have one of the better defenses in the league. The only thing keeping them back is a quarterback, and that's a problem that 3/4ths of the league shares.

Texans have won their division each of the last two years and made the playoffs 4 of the last 6, each year without a QB worth a damn. Why does O'Brien get to come in and usurp that?

Why would Mcnair want to get rid of Rick Smith? That's the challenging part of this for me.

The Texans have talent, they have an identity, they have one of the better defenses in the league. The only thing keeping them back is a quarterback, and that's a problem that 3/4ths of the league shares.

Texans have won their division each of the last two years and made the playoffs 4 of the last 6, each year without a QB worth a damn. Why does O'Brien get to come in and usurp that?
🤔🤔🤔

This is what i am seeing from Packers fan around the net, they don't fear the Giants defense, Giants defense is middle of the pack defense, got no pass rush, Rodgers will continue his hot streak..they seem to be little more concern with OBJ against their injured secondary..hahahaha Giants offense stinks you could leave OBJ uncover and Eli will miss him because the Line won't give him time to throw..

MechDX

Right now no facts are known. Who is responsible for doing what? Who has final say?

How does a GM survive two coaching changes in 4 years? If Osweiler was truly a joint agreement they should probably both be canned. If it was just Smith forcing him on the coach than Smith alone should go

Rick is great with first round picks but his history with everything past round one is suspect

Right now no facts are known. Who is responsible for doing what? Who has final say?

How does a GM survive two coaching changes in 4 years? If Osweiler was truly a joint agreement they should probably both be canned. If it was just Smith forcing him on the coach than Smith alone should go

Rick is great with first round picks but his history with everything past round one is suspect

What IS known though is that Smith has been the GM since 2006 and the team has consistently improved with him at the helm.

This whole power struggle makes no sense to me from O'Brien's perspective. I don't follow this more than the posts you and the rest of Texans-age make but from what i've seen Smith's greatest sin is forcing Osweiler on O'Brien. So what? You've posted stories saying O'Brien wanted Savage to start the season - Savage has yet to throw a touchdown in three starts. It seems Osweiler is a massive bust - okay, cut his ass and find someone else! big deal! I mean, if you want to fire Smith because he wasted money on Brock, rock on, but this whole O'Brien/Smith power struggle can only go bad for O'Brien, at least from what I can see.

WedgeX

Banned
I have never put anyone on ignore despite being here twelve years.

Today, I found someone so infuriating I want to ignore. But that can't be healthy, right?

this_guy

Today, I found someone so infuriating I want to ignore. But that can't be healthy, right?

Was it because the color of their skin?

Good morning GAF. Rick Smith is an awful GM. He knows how to draft in the first round but everything past that is suspect. He just had to have the corpse of Ed Reed over re-signing Glover Quinn for cheap.

MechDX

I have everyone in this thread blocked except for Deacon, Bread, Dega, Kas, Gata and Browns GAF.

Do what makes you feel good

Put as much people as you want on Ignore, whether that's all but a few or none or anywhere in between. At the end of the day, you should be on here because you want to engage with people you like about things you like.

It's okay to not want to be exposed to a Trump voter or gata. If you're not having fun or enjoying your time on here, that's the only way this is a problem. The idea one needs to be exposed to everything, including things that raise their blood pressure, should stay in 2016.

MechDX

Texans should win the wildcard game Saturday so I wont be surprised if they do.

At the same time if they lose the wildcard game on Saturday I wont be surprised either.

Man the playoffs suck

BigAT

Go for it. I've never understood the attitude that putting someone on ignore is some sign of weakness. Like I should be under some obligation to waste my time reading someone's constant shitty posts or garbage one word replies.

If all this is true and BOB is fired and Smith retained I can not in good conscience support this clown show

I don't care how "bad" the division is you don't fire a coach who in 3 years turned over 80% of the roster, has had no losing season and won the division 2 of the 3 years.
Bob has won 27 games in three years and no way can you fire a coach that successful you would be a total joke of a franchise if you did.

We have seen Kubiak and Wade coach a talented roster and win, so why couldn't they win in Houston ...

Kubiak coached (a debilitated, sure ) PEYTON MANNING to a Super Bowl.

I've said this many times, but I would take a diminished Peyton Manning over half of the QBs in the NFL, and definitely over bums like Savage and Osweiler.

As I said previously, the Texans have never had a QB worth a damn. By the time the Texans evolved into a playoff caliber squad, Schaub was injured and summarily got the yips and never recovered. It's been a carousel of below replacement level QBs in Houston ever since. If you're gonna fire Rick Smith, fire him because he was never able to get that QB.

Top Bottom