• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Wild Card Playoffs |OT| - It's Time for a SWITCH™

What IS known though is that Smith has been the GM since 2006 and the team has consistently improved with him at the helm.

This whole power struggle makes no sense to me from O'Brien's perspective. I don't follow this more than the posts you and the rest of Texans-age make but from what i've seen Smith's greatest sin is forcing Osweiler on O'Brien. So what? You've posted stories saying O'Brien wanted Savage to start the season - Savage has yet to throw a touchdown in three starts. It seems Osweiler is a massive bust - okay, cut his ass and find someone else! big deal! I mean, if you want to fire Smith because he wasted money on Brock, rock on, but this whole O'Brien/Smith power struggle can only go bad for O'Brien, at least from what I can see.

Not only that, but the Osweiler signing was really only guaranteed for 2 years (something Mech pointed out when it was signed iirc). Yes, they're giving him a boatload of money, but Smith can argue it was worth a shot at grabbing a QB who could come in and light it up. Didn't happen. Okay, so Oz will need to compete for the starting job next season and if he wins it and sucks, he'll be cut, and if he can't win it, he'll be cut. Two seasons, wash your hands, dip back into the pool and hope the fish you get next time can actually swim.

Not only that, but the Osweiler signing was really only guaranteed for 2 years (something Mech pointed out when it was signed iirc). Yes, they're giving him a boatload of money, but Smith can argue it was worth a shot at grabbing a QB who could come in and light it up. Didn't happen. Okay, so Oz will need to compete for the starting job next season and if he wins it and sucks, he'll be cut, and if he can't win it, he'll be cut. Two seasons, wash your hands, dip back into the pool and hope the fish you get next time can actually swim.

Exactly.

Frankly, the only way this whole thing makes any sense to me is that O'Brien wants to be coach AND GM (like Belichick) and Rick Smith is in his way. Problem with that is that O'Brien really hasn't done anything to prove why he should take Smith's job.

If O'Brien is still around come draft time, I expect to hear a story about how he wanted 'X' QB that the Texans didn't take.

MechDX

Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 9m9 minutes ago
Should be an eventful day at Halas Hall for the Bears. After 3-13, changes are imminent. Stay tuned ...

hmm....odd since the Bears staff agreed yesterday to coach at the Senior Bowl

Line_HTX

I have never put anyone on ignore despite being here twelve years.

Today, I found someone so infuriating I want to ignore. But that can't be healthy, right?

Ya, go for it. I just recently put one lowlife liar here on it when I should've done that many months ago.

this_guy

Thanks guys. Ended up ignoring them. Guess it had to happen eventually but now I don't feel crazy for doing it.

Also, guess I'm part of Browns-GAF now. Which really doesn't feel much different from Lions-GAF.

Pm'd.

Now I wanna know because I'm feeling left out.

Only person of note I have blocked is Amir0x. I take great glee in knowing that i'm not alone, since he almost never gets quoted anymore.

Closest I ever came was Terrisus. Dude was a miserable shitposter who's only goal was to derail every thread with his health problems or about how he doesn't have sex with his wife.

When I first started posting there was a guy who would literally search for threads with people saying they enjoyed MGS4 and confront them about it. I think he did the same thing with sports games... no clue who he was though.

Never ended up blocking anyone though. I don't see the point, nothing anyone posts on here is going to hurt me. I can just back my way out and look at a different thread or scroll past.

dionysus

Yaldog
Firing BoB doesn't seem like something McNair would do over BoB leaking shit to the media about Ossweiler. BoB's record is certainly good enough to keep him for at least 5 years going by past precedent. I know Rick Smith is likely untouchable so the only way I can see it happening is if BoB behind the scenes is trying to get fired by going after Smith. More than just leaking shit about Ossweiler to the media, but actively causing conflict in the front office.

I guess what I am saying is if BoB gets fired I would bet it was because BoB either wanted Smith to be gone or otherwise wanted to be fired, so he forces the owner to choose.

Edit. Also, Rams GAF I wouldn't believe any of the Sean Payton rumors. First, they are likely bullshit media stirring the pot like they have done the last 2 years. And 2nd the Rams don't have any picks to trade after the Goff trade.

Sanjuro

Having a slow start, so decided to go to a diner and got a Freeman sized omelette. 🍳🍵🍵🍵

Top Bottom