• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3 said:
Team is officially the NeoGAF Slot Cloggers for NHL 12

congrats Noz on the idea!

Beats the shit out of Working Class Gypsies. Which reminds me, we still need to launch an official investigation on who's choice that was...

for those of you that weren't there, the story behind the Slot Cloggers name was that me, Noz and a couple others were playing a club game a few months ago and this team had an impenetrable defense, they kept everyone in tight "clogging the slot" and blocking all of our passes and shots and we lost a tough game.

Before our next game in Noz's famous lobby text-chats, in between his "meows" he replied to my comment about their tough D by calling them "slot cloggers", which I thought was brilliant at the time and would be a pretty good name for the club next year. I was also surprised that EA's censors didn't block it as it sounds "dirty"

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Beats the shit out of Working Class Gypsies. Which reminds me, we still need to launch an official investigation on who's choice that was...
Laserbot
TheVisualizer said:
for those of you that weren't there, the story behind the Slot Cloggers name was that me, Noz and a couple others were playing a club game a few months ago and this team had an impenetrable defense, they kept everyone in tight "clogging the slot" and blocking all of our passes and shots and we lost a tough game.

Before our next game in Noz's famous lobby text-chats, in between his "meows" he replied to my comment about their tough D by calling them "slot cloggers", which I thought was brilliant at the time and would be a pretty good name for the club next year. I was also surprised that EA's censors didn't block it as it sounds "dirty"
Yeah, that's fucked up they won't censor that but they'll censor "big bird". Shouldn't be surprised though. It wouldn't be an EA game if there was something that wasn't broken.

Marvie_3

Banned
We should play a game or two before the end of the month so we qualify for the amateur playoffs. Then we could try to win one last banner before chel 12 comes out.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
congrats Noz on the idea!

Truly our best bit of teamwork that day. A magnificent retelling!

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
it was my veteran card and yea, i got it.
Oh ok. Sweet. It's sad Manchot got that card before you. :D

TheVisualizer said:
thanks

speaking of teamwork, do you still have Portal 2?

I'm trying to finish that co-op campaign up one day this decade
Don't bother playing coop with Noz. I've been waiting months for he and I to roll as 50 Cent and DJ Whoo Kid but Noz wont play. :(

Marvie_3 said:
Laserbot

Yeah, that's fucked up they won't censor that but they'll censor "big bird". Shouldn't be surprised though. It wouldn't be an EA game if there was something that wasn't broken.

He came up with that name right after his ban didn't he?

Marvie_3

Banned
I picked the 4 color combos from this list that I liked the best. Unfortunately, due to the shitty jersey creator, it's hard to make a decent looking jersey despite awesome colors. In the interest of saving time, I didn't mess with the logo/gloves/lettering so just use your imagination on those.
TheVisualizer said:
ju4jf.jpg

#6 is an awesome color combo but anything I tried with black as the primary looked like dogshit.

TheVisualizer said:
KwL5k.jpg

Love the look of the Maroon/Light Blues. Easily my favorite set of colors out of that bunch.

Marvie_3 said:
I picked the 4 color combos from this list that I liked the best. Unfortunately, due to the shitty jersey creator, it's hard to make a decent looking jersey despite awesome colors. In the interest of saving time, I didn't mess with the logo/gloves/lettering so just use your imagination on those.

#6 is an awesome color combo but anything I tried with black as the primary looked like dogshit.

Love the look of the Maroon/Light Blues.

yeah the maroon ones came out good, the orange black and yellow dont look half bad either, the rest are trash

you might have to mail me your copy of the game so I can work my magic with the jerseys...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yeah the maroon ones came out good, the orange black and yellow dont look half bad either, the rest are trash

you might have to mail me your copy of the game so I can work my magic with the jerseys...
The blue/green looks like shit no matter how its put on a jersey. The purple/gold ones might look better with some black/white on them.

Marvie_3

Banned
DqVHe.jpg

Tweaked the other two. Green/blue still seems off but the purple/gold is way better.

Edit: And I have no idea why the collar on the purple/gold one is white. I didn't have it that color. :lol

Nozdeuce

I do! I'd be game. Though I'm going to make you do all the thinking again, I shall continue looking pretty

Nozdeuce said:
I do! I'd be game. Though I'm going to make you do all the thinking again, I shall continue looking pretty

cool I'll hit you up, maybe this weekend if I see you online

Marvie, you have the colors all wrong on the purple ones. They arent supposed to be purple, but in-between blue and purple, it's a color you can get in the jersey creator color palette, and the gold is much darker. You basically have them looking like some knockoff LA Lakers-type jerseys

you have the colors wrong on the green ones too, the green part is fine, but the blue is supposed to be like a Philadelphia Eagles dark greenish-teal. It might also look good if that dark teal was the primary color and the forest green is the secondary

Milly79

idk man.

anyway, I doubt I'll have much time this year in the game. imma try and make it work, but you guys usually play late, so its gonna be hard considering the times I have to be up.

Nozdeuce

zsswimmer said:
Lol I mean I like SOME color in a black jersey -_-

Or it might help if there was a logo you could see.
I think the black one needs some aquamarine somewhere

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Milly79 said:
idk man.

anyway, I doubt I'll have much time this year in the game. imma try and make it work, but you guys usually play late, so its gonna be hard considering the times I have to be up.
im with you milly. these bastards play way too late for me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't know if I'm just really shitty (very possible) or just people are amazing but when I play online 1 vs 1 team games I either get destroyed or destroy the other guy myself in a 70 / 30 % split and people quit probably 60% of games I play.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
I don't know if I'm just really shitty (very possible) or just people are amazing but when I play online 1 vs 1 team games I either get destroyed or destroy the other guy myself in a 70 / 30 % split and people quit probably 60% of games I play.
It's EA's intimidation system. It's rare you get a close game. Usually one team gets all the bounces and the other team gets their ass reamed every way possible.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seems like it and its pretty fucking frustrating playing and I'm either getting my asshole eviscerated or I'm doing decent and the other guy quits.

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
Seems like it and its pretty fucking frustrating playing and I'm either getting my asshole eviscerated or I'm doing decent and the other guy quits.
That's pretty much any online mode in this game.

Nozdeuce

sefskillz said:
im with you milly. these bastards play way too late for me
We'll all be playing earlier and often so we can all figure out the new exploits.

Red_Man said:
Again, I like the cut of your jib

drPepper

Banned
Reporting in, Marvie. I have been really busy lately with work.
I am still a newb when it comes to EASHL though but would be great to get into this game mode. GMT +1 here but i could join you guys for some early evening games.

Marvie_3

Banned
drPepper said:
Reporting in, Marvie. I have been really busy lately with work.
I am still a newb when it comes to EASHL though but would be great to get into this game mode. GMT +1 here but i could join you guys for some early evening games.
Well, you'll probably have to wait until NHL 12 is out. We're on hiatus right now.

drPepper

Banned
Marvie_3 said:
Well, you'll probably have to wait until NHL 12 is out. We're on hiatus right now.
Thats fine. I was already expecting that you guys arent playing until NHL 12 is out. We talked about it the other day on BBM so i thought i will just post here until the NHL 12 thread is up.

Top Bottom