• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 EASHL Team (360)

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
good to see "builds" made it in, will help me a lot since I switch back and forth all the time

the new "improved" player progression system is lazy, wow 3 levels between each card is such an improvement that I am excited for...

I was hoping they would go away from the NHL 11 EASHL route of allowing players to assign their attribute points freely and go towards the FIFA 11 CLUB system which allows less control, but I think is a lot better and would keep people from breaking the game as easily

also great decision EA to place to put the club scouting in the pause menu, I really am looking forward to pausing the game in the 2nd period to "scout" the team I'm playing against, because it wouldn't have made any sense to just display this "scouting screen" while the game is loading or before the puck drops where it would actually be useful
You expect too much out of EA, Viz. We all do......

zsswimmer said:
On second thought "Just load up your defensive build and you’re good to go" this worries me. It makes it sound like you still have to your build set before you join. Fucking EA, should've known it was too good to be true.

Why is it hard to make it so d-man = preset d-man build and forwards = preset forward build

angry.gif

I don't know, it's annoying as shit having to change stats between D and forward all the time. It's EA, they have to make everything complicated.

zsswimmer

Milly79 said:
Aiming for 10est tonight. Please, please lets play for once.
I'll be on around that time, probably 9est myself : )

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I don't know, it's annoying as shit having to change stats between D and forward all the time. It's EA, they have to make everything complicated.

Well its mainly stemming from my experience from OTP. While I rage at people who quit because they don't have their RW/LW/C position, I also understand that snipers don't have the necessities to play on d. I really really hope the preset is chose when you pick a particular position.

I say OTP since I play 80% of my games on ranked OTP

zsswimmer said:
I'll be on around that time, probably 9est myself : )

Well its mainly stemming from my experience from OTP. While I rage at people who quit because they don't have their RW/LW/C position, I also understand that snipers don't have the necessities to play on d. I really really hope the preset is chose when you pick a particular position.

I say OTP since I play 80% of my games on ranked OTP

Ya, that'll never happen though. Or when you do OTP at least show what position the person prefers. Ya, I drop out if I don't get my position as far as offense and D the few times I play OTP because the stats just don't work otherwise. At least show ahead of time that there are 4 players who are forwards or something. It will definitely still be in that menu but at least you don't have to restat you just choose...

Milly79 said:
Aiming for 10est tonight. Please, please lets play for once.

I'll definitely play if it's 10pm. If I'm playing offline or something just message me. I'm usually playing season mode.

zsswimmer

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So me and swim are on again... Milly is not...
Yeah I just hopped off, didn't feel like waiting around. Plus I rage quit out of every single game I played tonight, playing with some of the worst fucking teammates and biggest cheesers in OTP is wearing my patience with this game.

zsswimmer said:
Yeah I just hopped off, didn't feel like waiting around. Plus I rage quit out of every single game I played tonight, playing with some of the worst fucking teammates and biggest cheesers in OTP is wearing my patience with this game.

I'm still amazed by that, you honestly must love abuse or something. I gave up on OTP ages ago due to that bullshit.

Blinding

Sorry for kinda disappearing, I got all of my streaming equipment and was doing things related to that, decided to hop on last night and played a drop in game that made me realize why I haven't exactly been up to playing. I really, really hope they fix a majority of the bullshit that goes on in this game, or at the very least I hope 2K comes out of nowhere and actually brings back some fucking competition so EA's games can stop being shit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I finish work this week, and have 2-3 weeks before next semester starts, so ill be able to play a lot more in the coming weeks. What's the regulations on the team name? No swearing / crude / offensive terms seems kind of obvious.

Marvie_3 said:
Nobody has been playing lately anyway so it's all good.

Ideas for the club/thread next year? Team names?

i was thinking about team names the other day and jotted down a few bad ideas that came to mind...

Legend Card of Zelda
Gin & Juicing
Lady Byng Boost Pack
Slew Foot Soldiers
Natural Born Penalty Killers
Sudden Death Syndrome
Slot Cloggers (me and Noz's idea)

Marvie_3

Banned
Red_Man said:
I finish work this week, and have 2-3 weeks before next semester starts, so ill be able to play a lot more in the coming weeks. What's the regulations on the team name? No swearing / crude / offensive terms seems kind of obvious.
Something clever preferably. Nothing shitty like the name laserbot gave us this year.

TheVisualizer said:
i was thinking about team names the other day and jotted down a few bad ideas that came to mind...

Legend Card of Zelda
Gin & Juicing

Lady Byng Boost Pack
Slew Foot Soldiers
Sudden Death Syndrome
Those I like.

Revenant

TheVisualizer said:

Legend Card of Zelda
Gin & Juicing
Lady Byng Boost Pack
Slew Foot Soldiers
Sudden Death Syndrome

yes.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
not really, everyone else does the killing while he enjoys his seat in the box
Exactly. :lol

Alright, Natural Born Penalty Killers and Slot Cloggers are the two candidates for now. We'll give it a bit more time to see if anyone else comes up with something even better.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Natural Born Penalty Killers sounds pretty good. What time do you guys usually play / plan on playing?

zsswimmer

Red_Man said:
Natural Born Penalty Killers sounds pretty good. What time do you guys usually play / plan on playing?
Teams pretty much dead at this point broham. Better off waiting for the GAF '12 team it looks like :(

Top Bottom