• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 12 |OT| aka NHL 09.3

Malvolio

I was really let down last night when I brought my copy of NHL12 over to my friends place and could not find a way for him and I to play online without a new online code. I've had a profile setup on his PS3 for years and was excited to finally put the cloud saves to use, but when we tried to hook up with a friend online to play, we had to burn a 2 day trial in order to play online.

Please tell me I just missed an option somewhere. There is no reason that I should have to pay to play a game I've already purchased on a PS3 logged in under my profile. Granted we were able to play since there was a 2 day trial option available, but I fear we are going to be up shit creek when I go back to his place to play again this weekend. I'm really hoping I'm just dense and didn't see the obvious solution to this problem.

Quick

Banned
Malvolio said:
I was really let down last night when I brought my copy of NHL12 over to my friends place and could not find a way for him and I to play online without a new online code. I've had a profile setup on his PS3 for years and was excited to finally put the cloud saves to use, but when we tried to hook up with a friend online to play, we had to burn a 2 day trial in order to play online.

Please tell me I just missed an option somewhere. There is no reason that I should have to pay to play a game I've already purchased on a PS3 logged in under my profile. Granted we were able to play since there was a 2 day trial option available, but I fear we are going to be up shit creek when I go back to his place to play again this weekend. I'm really hoping I'm just dense and didn't see the obvious solution to this problem.

On NHL 12, are you logged into your EA account? If I remember correctly, their online pass is associated with your EA account and not your PSN account. Don't know if that'll actually do anything, though.

Fixed1979

Malvolio said:

Were you signed in to PSN and EA Login under your user name? I can't imagine these are tied to the system in anyway.

Malvolio

Wow, I didn't even think of that. I'll have to try again this weekend. Sounds like the obvious solution was right there and I didn't think of it. I just assumed that since I moved all of my setting saves over that it would sign me in as me automatically, but I never checked. Thanks for the help.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
When is EA going to tone down the injuries? It's absurd. I got drafted by the Oilers on one of my Be A Pro files and Hall, Hemsky, Smythe, Whitney, and Ryan Jones are all injured for 7-8 weeks right now. This is on top of a couple shorter injuries. This isn't rare either, I don't think I've had less than 4 players injured on my team at any point in the entire season. This happens on every file I've made. I agree that injury occurrence should have been increased from what it was in NHL 11, but they way overdid it.

Another Be A Pro thing that annoys me:

Why am I never put on the PP, PK, OT or SO's? I understand my OVR is low because I'm just starting but I lead the team in goals, assists, and +/-. I assume shoot-out order is determined by the players deke rating so I can kind of understand that, by I have yet to play a single second of OT or special teams. I've also noticed that, since the patch, no one ever scores in the OT when it's fully simmed. Every single game I've played that went into OT, went to the shoot-out.

When is EA going to tone down the injuries? It's absurd. I got drafted by the Oilers on one of my Be A Pro files and Hall, Hemsky, Smythe, Whitney, and Ryan Jones are all injured for 7-8 weeks right now. This is on top of a couple shorter injuries. This isn't rare either, I don't think I've had less than 4 players injured on my team at any point in the entire season. This happens on every file I've made. I agree that injury occurrence should have been increased from what it was in NHL 11, but they way overdid it.

Why am I never put on the PP, PK, OT or SO's? I understand my OVR is low because I'm just starting but I lead the team in goals, assists, and +/-. I assume shoot-out order is determined by the players deke rating so I can kind of understand that, by I have yet to play a single second of OT or special teams. I've also noticed that, since the patch, no one ever scores in the OT when it's fully simmed. Every single game I've played that went into OT, went to the shoot-out.

I really wish I could give you answers on both of your questions, but I can't. I can tell you that in my Be a Pro game, there's been some injuries, but not a lot on my team.

As for the second thing, I really don't know. I'm not on them either right now. I'd assume once your overall gets high enough you'd get put on those special teams, but I really don't know.

The weird part was, when I was on the 3rd line of my NHL team, I did play some of the PK, but that stopped after I moved up to 2nd then 1st.

Regardless, I'm still loving this game. Online remains fun, albeit some of the goals scored in Team Play just don't make any sense. It seems like complete random luck whether you get a decent goalie or defencemen. Anyone have any preferred settings? (For attack style, breakout, etc)

Slurmer

Banned

This is one of the more annoying aspects of be a pro mode in my opinion. So terrible watching one of your AI teammates rough the other team's goalie (AT LEAST once or twice a game) for no reason at all, knowing that it has just lost you close to 4-5 minutes ice time. I mean, I know EA doesn't give a shit, but seeing your AI teammates do that same animation and the outcome occurring every game should've been something they looked into as a possible "to-fix" item

My Be a Pro player has the most goal and points in the entire fucking league, but he can't crack the second unit powerplay. Nooooo, that's Marco Sturm territory right there.

Marvie_3

Banned
My Be a Pro player has the most goal and points in the entire fucking league, but he can't crack the second unit powerplay. Nooooo, that's Marco Sturm territory right there.
Marco Sturm has earned the right to be there so you shut the hell up and respect your elders

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Found the most game breaking bug yet today.

Finished the first season of Be A Pro on my center, Habs won the Cup and guess who won the Conn Smythe:

CFAE3.jpg

This is clearly a bug, and one that I hope gets addressed soon. I'm not sure I'll even be able to play until it's fixed.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I got sent down to the second line because I "wasn't producing the numbers required to be on the first line" while I led the league in goals and points. Okay.

Why is the coach AI so fucking retarded?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I am very perplexed by the availability of some games on amazon. This is going for 64$ and is rare and NHL 11 can be had for 24$ right now.

Warhammer Space Marine is also disappearing.

Quick

Banned
I just burst out laughing at that.

I'm still enjoying the game...I just wish the PS3 guys other than me and my couple of non-NeoGaf guys would actually play

/sadpanda.

:( Sorry bro.

Time has been tight, and there's so many games I need to go through. Plus, my PS3 died and I just got another one, but it all goes back to time.

I'm having issues with my Be A GM save files on my PS3. It would load to 100%, and remain on the loading bar. The music would still be playing, but the background animation would freeze. This was the case on both my old (dead) PS3, and my new one.

Anyone play today? The new title update came out, I swear to god the game is buggier now if that's even possible. (in the sense that the AI is still freakin dumb)
At least they fixed the poke checking when the goalie has the puck covered.

I logged onto my PS3 copy for the first time since before Christmas, and there was 2 people wanting in. Send me a message on Gaf telling me who you are if you want in.

You playing the PS3 version? Just picked it up a week ago and have been curious if any GAF'ers play on PS3.

There's a GAF PS3 team, although the only real Gaffer whose been playing is me. I have a couple friend with who I play with regularly though.

Add me on PS3 (Same username as here) and find the team GAF team on NHL. (I say add me because if you want to play with us, it's the easiest way. For the record, we play mostly around 6-10pm CST)

There's a GAF PS3 team, although the only real Gaffer whose been playing is me. I have a couple friend with who I play with regularly though.

Add me on PS3 (Same username as here) and find the team GAF team on NHL. (I say add me because if you want to play with us, it's the easiest way. For the record, we play mostly around 6-10pm CST)

Awesome, just added you on PSN - same user name on GAF as well. I more or less just want some people/regulars to play with. I'm not that great yet, I just got the game and its the first NHL game I've played more than a few hours since 09. Those times sound good for the most part. Also, I don't have a mic yet, in the process of getting one.

Awesome, just added you on PSN - same user name on GAF as well. I more or less just want some people/regulars to play with. I'm not that great yet, I just got the game and its the first NHL game I've played more than a few hours since 09. Those times sound good for the most part. Also, I don't have a mic yet, in the process of getting one.

A mic's definitely going to help, because we do have them and use them. If you play your position, you'll do fine. If you don't, you will feel our wrath....at least until we get into a rhythm.

Chris R

This has an online pass right? My brother and a friend are trying to play this on XBL but they are getting prompts to pay $10. My brother said there was a code in the box but it was only for two days online.

Razorskin

----- ------
This has an online pass right? My brother and a friend are trying to play this on XBL but they are getting prompts to pay $10. My brother said there was a code in the box but it was only for two days online.

Yes, the pass should be on the manual

Top Bottom