• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 12 |OT| aka NHL 09.3

Ardenyal

Trin3785 said:
So my friends, whats the verdict on this game? Was there enough improvements to make the upgrade from 11 worth it? I was gonna get this game today from best buy but just wanted to see if it is worth upgrading from 2011.
Not worth it IMO. They didn't even include all the improvements they announced. Can't create multiple lineups in HUT, 2 players can't check the same player at the same time (force field comes up during recovery animation). Game isn't as well balanced as '11 was towards the end.

djm

Ardenyal said:
Can't create multiple lineups in HUT
Not true. Hitting RB/PS3 equivalent on the lineup screen will bring up the custom lineup interface.

They just released a tuner last night with some balance changes (for mostly online play)

Ardenyal

djm said:
Not true. Hitting RB/PS3 equivalent on the lineup screen will bring up the custom lineup interface.
Ooohhh. Thanks, spent a night trying to figure that out... Should create a line up for playing single player tournies to save contracts.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
lionelhutz said:
Xbox 360 patch is out. Any idea what it does?

The same thing the PS3 patch does.

EA said:
- Fixed the Desync/Looping issue
- Fixed the HUT card pack issue
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when using the Winter Classic stadium in HUT

Marvie_3 said:

tumblr_ll1sphjQ2J1qdlkgg.gif

WHERE IS MY JETS JERSEYS?!

What the hell is taking so long?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked or is common knowledge:

Me and a friend want to have an online season, just us, controlling our own teams - like the seasons you can have in Madden with friends. So far it looks like we can't do that in NHL 12. Are we missing something, or is it impossible?

Thanks,
Dan

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
dlobro1080 said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked or is common knowledge:

Me and a friend want to have an online season, just us, controlling our own teams - like the seasons you can have in Madden with friends. So far it looks like we can't do that in NHL 12. Are we missing something, or is it impossible?

Thanks,
Dan

As far as I know it's not possible, which sucks.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I am officially tired of the bug in Be A Pro where the guy returning to the bench so you can get out on the ice just stands in front of the gate and does nothing. You just sit there, you can't bring the menu up or do anything. The other team essentially has a power play until their is a stoppage in play. I cannot wait for the patch that fixes this problem and the freezing issue.

Also the powerplay stats on my Be A Pro team are fucked. It says we're 17/10 and our PP is at 100%. It says our PK is at 0% and that we've never been shorthanded. It's completely borked.

djm

That's weird because I've played about 2 seasons worth of BAP across a few players and haven't experienced that once. However, I did play a HUT game where 4 players from the CPUs team were standing at the bench while I played 5 on 1 for about a minute.

I will say that it's kind of dumb that 75% of the time when I come out of sim, I'm replacing someone with the puck who then dumps it into an empty zone so I can get on.

lionelhutz

Do some categories in the created pro mode count more towards your overall rating than others? My skaters rank anywhere from 75-80 all using the same amount of points. Does anyone know which categories boost overall rating? I settled into defense and want to boost that position as much as possible.

Marvie_3

Banned
lionelhutz said:
Do some categories in the created pro mode count more towards your overall rating than others? My skaters rank anywhere from 75-80 all using the same amount of points. Does anyone know which categories boost overall rating? I settled into defense and want to boost that position as much as possible.
It all depends on your player type. Certain attributes will count more towards your overall than others.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
djm said:
That's weird because I've played about 2 seasons worth of BAP across a few players and haven't experienced that once. However, I did play a HUT game where 4 players from the CPUs team were standing at the bench while I played 5 on 1 for about a minute.

I will say that it's kind of dumb that 75% of the time when I come out of sim, I'm replacing someone with the puck who then dumps it into an empty zone so I can get on.

Happens at least once every session for me now. It's weird because during my CHL season I think it only happened once near the end and now it happens constantly.

Filth

dlobro1080 said:
That does suck. Is there a way to play in the Winter Hockey Classic online against a friend?

THIS. how are you going to advertise having a winter classic and you cant even use the stadium online.

Slurmer

Banned
wish they would fix whatever bug is causing the line change to freeze on the screen

Giant Robot said:
How about a fucking patch that will let me progress my NHL Season past Oct. 17th instead of freezing.

:MAD:

this too

Milly79

lionelhutz said:
In the HUT mode is it possible to run this as a manager mode and sim the offline games?
Nope. There would be no point in playing games if you could get pucks that way.

lionelhutz

Milly79 said:
Nope. There would be no point in playing games if you could get pucks that way.

Sure there is. I want to manage the team and collect cards. I already have other options to use created players and teams.

Fucking HUT

Is there any way to play this successfuly without spending money?

By the time I get enough pucks to buy a pack I am in severe contract trouble

Maybe I just suck as a GM haha

djm

Depends on your definition of sucessfully.

I haven't spent any money on it, and I can assemble a squad of about 75% mid-80's rated NHLers when I want to. I haven't put the very best training cards on them or huge 80 game contracts that cost a shitload of pucks on the AH, but I don't care enough to min-max that much.

They've been doing these jumbo deal packs that give you 22 cards for 2500 pucks which are pretty good. I don't know if they do these discounts on a set rotation or what but I do know they've been up for sale a couple times in the past few weeks. I was in severe contract trouble as well until I bought a few of those and now everybody is at least over 30 on my bad/pro squads so I'm good for awhile.

This thread needs some love.

I've been rocking the Be A Pro mode this year more than in the past couple games combined. It's fun, fluent, and the amount of trophies you can earn is really, REALLY great. I just completed getting my 216 points in a season and 93 goals in 66 games.

Other notes: WHERE ARE THE JETS JERSEYS?! I mean really! It can't seriously be taking this long. 1 simple update is all I ask. The wait is killing me.

One another PS3 Club related info: The Club has become locked once again. This doesn't mean that you can't join, but I simply want you to apply, or better yet, contact me on PSN. I just want to know who you are, even if you've joined already but haven't played a game yet.

We have a decent group going, but guys aren't online to play. I get that there are other games, but if we don't familiarize ourselves with each other, then you probably won't play with each other either. If you see me online, feel free to ask to me join a game. If I see you online and I can, I will typically send out invites though the game itself if I don't have you on my PSN list.

Marvie_3

Banned
KnightAttack said:
This thread needs some love.

I've been rocking the Be A Pro mode this year more than in the past couple games combined. It's fun, fluent, and the amount of trophies you can earn is really, REALLY great. I just completed getting my 216 points in a season and 93 goals in 66 games.

Other notes: WHERE ARE THE JETS JERSEYS?! I mean really! It can't seriously be taking this long. 1 simple update is all I ask. The wait is killing me.

One another PS3 Club related info: The Club has become locked once again. This doesn't mean that you can't join, but I simply want you to apply, or better yet, contact me on PSN. I just want to know who you are, even if you've joined already but haven't played a game yet.

We have a decent group going, but guys aren't online to play. I get that there are other games, but if we don't familiarize ourselves with each other, then you probably won't play with each other either. If you see me online, feel free to ask to me join a game. If I see you online and I can, I will typically send out invites though the game itself if I don't have you on my PSN list.
Jets jerseys are coming with the patch. The patch is still MIA.

Just got the game today, I found Victoria Fischer and Christopher King, there any other girls or little kids to yank out of free agency? I signed them to the Legends team...

Marvie_3

Banned
EA said:
We are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys will be available through an online title update scheduled for November 1 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The title update will incorporate the following:

• Winnipeg Jets 2011-2012 jerseys, pants and socks
• St. John’s IceCaps jerseys, pants and socks
• Several fixes for freezing issues
• Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit
• Improved the fidelity required to break the glass from a hit
• Several Goalie Improvements
• Several Physics improvements
• Several AI improvements
• Improved interference penalty logic
• Performance trackers fixes
• Fix for goalie injuries while simming with injuries turned off.
• Double OT fix for no goals being scored after sim.
I like how they don't even specify what the improvements are. :lol

*reads posts*

Awesome.

*Turns on game console.*

I'm downloading a patch right now......

Could it be?

*early hope*

*installing*

*Checks*

MY GOODNESS, THEY'RE IN!

EDIT: What the hell. They didn't put in the masks?! That's ridiculous.

Marvie_3

Banned
KnightAttack said:
*reads posts*

Awesome.

*Turns on game console.*

I'm downloading a patch right now......

Could it be?

*early hope*

*installing*

*Checks*

MY GOODNESS, THEY'RE IN!

EDIT: What the hell. They didn't put in the masks?! That's ridiculous.
Once again.....it's EA. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
KnightAttack said:
Yeah, it's the right idea, but all wrong.

It's pretty easy to see why though too....hopefully they'll get it right next year.
Considering the amount of other jerseys that have had unfixed errors for years, I doubt it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Full patch details:

Jerseys/Art Fixes:
• Armada jerseys, pants and socks
• Cape Breton Screaming Eagles center ice text was spelt incorrectly

Be a Pro/Be a GM Fixes:
• Fixed a crash when using a created skater from creation zone as your own Be a Pro player and using them on a CHL team. Crash occurs when being drafted.
• Fixed Be a Pro’s performance tracker where some users would be stuck at 100% progression.
• Fixed a Be a GM crash when trying to select a created team when starting the Be a GM at the entry draft.
• Game would crash while simming if a penalty was called in the second OT period or beyond.
• Game will crash if the user sims to next shift near the end of game and the sim scored on a pulled goalie
• User will not return to ice and no goals will be scored if the user sims to next shift in the 2nd OT period
• Fixed the crash that occurred in season mode that happened a few days in if the user selected to start the season using Full Roster control

Gameplay Fixes:
• Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit (LB to break out of net battles)
• Rarely when the puck is on the sideboards, the goalie will go into vertical hug post and leave the far side of the net open
• Several physics improvements in regards to collisions with other players/goalies
• Players on the bench were reacting to the puck when the puck doesn’t go over the boards.
• Breaking your stick in Test On Ice will cause the stick to follow your player around
• Wingers are not picking up on faceoff tie-ups
• Fixed hip check exploit, will need a tuner update to re-enable for online play (tuner to come soon)

Online/HUT Fixes:
• The arenas tab is blank in the HUT collection
• Separated each position’s Position, Teamplay and Stat grades in the Online Performance tracker (Some users were saying that they couldn’t increase their grade. Now you can view your grade for each position and see that you may have A’s in one position but have C’s in another that are weighing your overall grade down)
• User’s Pro level was incorrect in the EASHL dressing room. It was always showing the goalie level and not the correct skater level.
• Entering an OTP/EASHL game locked as LW and RW would cause the RW to take the faceoff if the LW took a penalty.
• Force CPU players to serve the 5 min major for goalie fights
• Reduced the number of online pauses so that 4 or more users on a team now have 2 pauses and anything less than 4 has 1 pause.
• Fixed the missing player head/art issue for users who had the option to not allow content sharing for EASHL games. Playing with this on caused a crash when helmets were popped off, so we will be re-enabling helmet pops in EASHL/OTP in a tuner (tuner to come soon)
• Added logic on the server to detect whether your online BAP card progression matches what the server shows. If you downloaded a legend card from some website and used a tool to overwrite your save file, we will check what level on the server you should be at, and adjust XP accordingly.

This, This!! This infuriated me, AI would always win tie ups because his wingers helped while yours were oblivious. I'll have to test this out to see if it really changed.

Marvie_3

Banned
purnoman3000 said:
This, This!! This infuriated me, AI would always win tie ups because his wingers helped while yours were oblivious. I'll have to test this out to see if it really changed.

It didn't. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Full patch details:

Jerseys/Art Fixes:
• Armada jerseys, pants and socks
• Cape Breton Screaming Eagles center ice text was spelt incorrectly

Be a Pro/Be a GM Fixes:
• Fixed a crash when using a created skater from creation zone as your own Be a Pro player and using them on a CHL team. Crash occurs when being drafted.
• Fixed Be a Pro’s performance tracker where some users would be stuck at 100% progression.
• Fixed a Be a GM crash when trying to select a created team when starting the Be a GM at the entry draft.
• Game would crash while simming if a penalty was called in the second OT period or beyond.
• Game will crash if the user sims to next shift near the end of game and the sim scored on a pulled goalie
• User will not return to ice and no goals will be scored if the user sims to next shift in the 2nd OT period
• Fixed the crash that occurred in season mode that happened a few days in if the user selected to start the season using Full Roster control

Gameplay Fixes:
• Disabling of all buttons not used during net battles to fix net battles exploit (LB to break out of net battles)
• Rarely when the puck is on the sideboards, the goalie will go into vertical hug post and leave the far side of the net open
• Several physics improvements in regards to collisions with other players/goalies
• Players on the bench were reacting to the puck when the puck doesn’t go over the boards.
• Breaking your stick in Test On Ice will cause the stick to follow your player around
• Fixed hip check exploit, will need a tuner update to re-enable for online play (tuner to come soon)

Online/HUT Fixes:
• The arenas tab is blank in the HUT collection
• Separated each position’s Position, Teamplay and Stat grades in the Online Performance tracker (Some users were saying that they couldn’t increase their grade. Now you can view your grade for each position and see that you may have A’s in one position but have C’s in another that are weighing your overall grade down)
• User’s Pro level was incorrect in the EASHL dressing room. It was always showing the goalie level and not the correct skater level.
• Entering an OTP/EASHL game locked as LW and RW would cause the RW to take the faceoff if the LW took a penalty.
• Force CPU players to serve the 5 min major for goalie fights
• Reduced the number of online pauses so that 4 or more users on a team now have 2 pauses and anything less than 4 has 1 pause.
• Fixed the missing player head/art issue for users who had the option to not allow content sharing for EASHL games. Playing with this on caused a crash when helmets were popped off, so we will be re-enabling helmet pops in EASHL/OTP in a tuner (tuner to come soon)
• Added logic on the server to detect whether your online BAP card progression matches what the server shows. If you downloaded a legend card from some website and used a tool to overwrite your save file, we will check what level on the server you should be at, and adjust XP accordingly.
Did they put the Jets jerseys in the 360 version? I was hearing some reports that they weren't there yet.

Top Bottom