• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

They're going to nail Torres. An easy target though.

Late, left the feet/targeting the head. I understand being physical with the stars on the other team, but Hossa would've felt that hit even if Torres didn't leave his feet.

Sometimes contact to the head happens, but it didn't have to happen this time. Torres knew exactly what he was doing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So who was it that was trying to tell me Detroit's defense wasn't as bad this year?

Exhibit A.

That was Lidstrom and White, by the way.

Lidstrom has had an awful game. It's time to hang it up.

The Torres hit is on every fucking channel of every web site. USA Today, ESPN, YouTube, Amazon for chrissakes.

If I use the handy flowchart (page 90 if you're using 100 posts per page), then I see the following. Torres is a goon, almost killed a guy, gonna be on SportsCenter and quite possibly The View tomorrow morning.

Torres gone. Shanny has to make an example of him to get some of this shit to stop.

Razorskin

----- ------
The Torres hit is on every fucking channel of every web site. USA Today, ESPN, YouTube, Amazon for chrissakes.

If I use the handy flowchart (page 90 if you're using 100 posts per page), then I see the following. Torres is a goon, almost killed a guy, gonna be on SportsCenter and quite possibly The View tomorrow morning.

Torres gone. Shanny has to make an example of him to get some of this shit to stop.

Yeah, it would be pretty easy for Shanahan to suspend a guy like Torres for a long time.

Revenant

cijJo.png

ShaneB

I don't even know what to say. How can I love hockey so much one night and hate it so much the next :(

pringles

I can. I had absolutely no hope we'd win this game today. I predicted Wings were out in 5 as soon as the season ended.
But still you realize the shots are 31-13 in favor of the Wings, and we hit a post 5 seconds before they scored the 2nd goal?

It's just not meant to be. You can't excuse the two complete mental lapses that have brought about the Nashville goals, but Wings deserve to win this game. No fucking question.

UberTag

Just got back from watching The Cabin in the Woods. Awesome news about the Panthers winning. Hope they take a commanding 3-1 lead on Thursday night along with my Bs.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been just me noticing the D collapsing to one guy lately? It's been happening for a few months now. It's like they're not communicating when skating back into the zone and leaving 1 or 2 opponents open every single time. I just don't get it.

Fun facts :
Largest playoff comeback in cats history

Most PP goals in a playoff game in cats history

Cats have come back from 3 goals 3 times this season, 2 of them vs the Devils

Soup Bar

On the Chicago feed, Eddie Olczyk said Torres should be suspended for ten games, because he's a repeat offender. Can't wait for it to be one because the puck was in the area.

purg3

slept with Malkin
On the Chicago feed, Eddie Olczyk said Torres should be suspended for ten games, because he's a repeat offender. Can't wait for it to be one because the puck was in the area.

Shanahan will make an example of him, just watch. Won't be surprised if he's season is done-as it should be after that.

ShaneB

If I had my way, like I mention before, however long Hossa is out, that's how long Torres should be out. Fuck that kind of bullshit. edit: if Hossa is magically fine, still, suspend the fuck out of Torres. 20 games or something.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But still you realize the shots are 31-13 in favor of the Wings, and we hit a post 5 seconds before they scored the 2nd goal?

It's just not meant to be. You can't excuse the two complete mental lapses that have brought about the Nashville goals, but Wings deserve to win this game. No fucking question.

Let's stop bringing up the shot totals.

Most of Detroit's shots are weak shots taken with only the hope of getting a rebound.

Top Bottom