• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Curufinwe

Great win, especially because that 3rd goal Bryzgalov let in would have overshadowed the good game he had overall if the Devils had won it in OT.

JVR looks like he's getting going, too.

Slurmer

Banned
Awesome job by jvr that shift. Bryz saved them in the first but really should've had that 3rd goal (bad by lilja and voracious too). All three goals went five-hole on him

Great game. Brodeurs save on hartnell in ot was ridiculous

gcubed

Awesome job by jvr that shift. Bryz saved them in the first but really should've had that 3rd goal (bad by lilja and voracious too). All three goals went five-hole on him

Great game. Brodeurs save on in ot was ridiculous

They really need a plan to replace Marty. The D is pretty rough...

Curufinwe

There were so many times in that game that the puck came out to the point and if the Flyers just had a right handed defenseman with a decent shot they would have had great scoring opportunities.

I hope Kubina is embarrassed he's being benched in favor Lilja.

gcubed

There were so many times in that game that the puck came out to the point and if the Flyers just had a right handed defenseman with a decent shot they would have had great scoring opportunities.

I hope Kubina is embarrassed he's being benched in favor Lilja.

He's too slow for this team and how they play. Although Carle is terrible as well.. but he's not as slow.

fallout

Looks like the Coyotes are gaining new fans at an impressive rate!

Coyotes President Mike Nealy said the franchise plans to capitalize on the attention from such new fans.

The franchise sold 50 season-ticket packages on Monday alone and is already ahead of its renewal rate for all of last year, he said.

"As expected, when the team is winning, people like to be part of it," Nealy said. "We welcome any late comers and welcome others back."

He said the team is heavily promoting season-ticket packages and hopes to target new fans in coming weeks, Nealy said.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...7phoenix-coyotes-new-fans-warm-reception.html

t0mp

Being slower than Lilja is pretty impressive.

haha yeah.

So yeah, bryz with softies today but he bailed out the flyers big in the first when we needed it most.

briere - motherofgod.jpeg

JVR - playoff power forward we expect him to be? check.

giroux - the best player on the ice at all times? check

gcubed

Watching Bryz in post game interviews is both painful and highly entertaining. Game 6 last series he went on for 3 minutes and finally stopped and said "I forgot your question, this game was too early, I'm tired"

ShaneB

I don't want to jinx this wild Phoenix success story, but I'd imagine a Stanley Cup parade would just be pandemonium for the city.

Curufinwe

At least it's on at a decent enough time for Australian TV to cover it.

Reminds me of watching the 5 OT game back in 2000 when I lived in New Zealand. Started at noon and went till 5 o'something, which was perfect since I didn't have any classes that day.

I'll only bring this up once per round but white outs look ridiculous. Can't someone in Phoenix make some red t-shirts for the crowd to wear so they don't all look like they're supporting Nashville?

Hundreds would come out for sure.

Well hundreds showed up when they won the division and that was late at night if I recall.

Thousands showed up after getting out of the first round. So I'd imagine it would pick up steam the farther they go.

Will it get NY/Chicago/LA type of crowds? No, plus it doesn't help they're in Glendale. If they were still downtown, things would probably be a bit better.

Well hundreds showed up when they won the division and that was late at night if I recall.

Thousands showed up after getting out of the first round. So I'd imagine it would pick up steam the farther they go.

Will it get NY/Chicago/LA type of crowds? No, plus it doesn't help they're in Glendale. If they were still downtown, things would probably be a bit better.

Plus its going to start getting hot by the time this is over. I'm not standing outside in 100 degree weather.

Top Bottom