• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Socreges

Banned
What illusion? It was one fucking game. Flyers played probably their worst game of the season and still had the lead in the 3rd period. Hopefully this finally cements into their heads that they cant sit on a lead against any team. They just are not built to play like that. 0-3 now in the playoffs when scoring first and every game has been the same thing. They score first, take foot off the pedal, D/Bryz get horribly exposed.
You've changed, man. The Devils' success must be getting to you. You forgot to mention how the Devils are a terrible team, despite being in a series tied 1-1 in the second round, and how the Flyers will now win three straight without a problem.

You've changed, man. The Devils' success must be getting to you. You forgot to mention how the Devils are a terrible team, despite being in a series tied 1-1 in the second round, and how the Flyers will now win three straight without a problem.

There is plenty of time for that dont worry. Are you really upset that I dont heap praise upon the other team? This thread would be so boring if every post was, good game old chap, and stuff like that. I hate the Devils and I will put them down for how ever long they are in the playoffs. Next round if the Flyers face the Rangers it will be totally different since the stats all favor the Rangers winning, but I do think the flyers are the better team compared to the Devils, and I dont see why that is a bad thing to say. Anyways....

Flyers in 5!!! Devils suck!!

Socreges

Banned
There is plenty of time for that dont worry. Are you really upset that I dont heap praise upon the other team? This thread would be so boring if every post was, good game old chap, and stuff like that. I hate the Devils and I will put them down for how ever long they are in the playoffs. Next round if the Flyers face the Rangers it will be totally different since the stats all favor the Rangers winning, but I do think the flyers are the better team compared to the Devils, and I dont see why that is a bad thing to say. Anyways....
No, no. You never post like that - would be less interesting anyhow. We want more of this:

The Flyers B team would almost be good enough to beat the Devils, I just worry about Bob in net.
I will be very happy to watch the Flyers eviscerate this garbage team.
Don't tell me you've lost your edge after one loss?

Not at all. I am sure I will be back to talking shit come Thursday. It isnt as much fun since the Devils fans here, Cagey and the guy with the nazi avatar dont really say much back. I still think the Flyers will crush the Devils dont worry about that. I will believe the Flyers are going to win right up until the Devils win the 4th game.

Socreges

Banned
Not at all. I am sure I will be back to talking shit come Thursday. It isnt as much fun since the Devils fans here, Cagey and the guy with the nazi avatar dont really say much back. I still think the Flyers will crush the Devils dont worry about that. I will believe the Flyers are going to win right up until the Devils win the 4th game.
ibnjijIUq7N0p6.gif

t0mp

i cant imagine how much you hate the yankees, yankeehater, considering you hate the devils SO much and your name isn't "devilshater"

anyway, terrible game last night. I missed the first (which is the only period we showed up, I hear), and got home only to see 4 straight goals by the devs.

That was one of our worst played games of all time, and our second period alone was the worst individual period i've ever seen them play. even worse than the first period of the first game, and that is hard to do..

Alucard

Banned
This years Pens team wasn't even as good as the team that lost to the Red Wings in the SCF.

Not having Marian Hossa will always make it seem that way. Sigh.

That team showed more heart, bu this one was equally skilled, aside from the D and Fleury looking like hot garbage.

JABEE

Yankeehater. Stop! No need to be like Tabris. We have to be humble and know that hockey is a sport that is won on the ice. The Flyers should be embarrassed by their performance yesterday. It is up to them to prove themselves by beating the Devils. Nothing is "destiny" and nothing is given. Play hard or go home. The Flyers don't want to go home and we need to just wait for game 3 to see how the Flyers bounce back.

Yankeehater. Stop! No need to be like Tabris. We have to be humble and know that hockey is a sport that is won on the ice. The Flyers should be embarrassed by their performance yesterday. It is up to them to prove themselves by beating the Devils. Nothing is "destiny" and nothing is given. Play hard or go home. The Flyers don't want to go home and we need to just wait for game 3 to see how the Flyers bounce back.

I agree that nothing is destiny at all. I think the Flyers are going to win because they are the better team, and not because a unicorn in a dream told me so.

Edit: Also I dont really remember Tabris talking shit or anything, he just would post those stupid #'s after wins and say the Nucks were sure to win the cup. I dont think the Flyers have a chance in hell of winning the cup. No way they beat the Rangers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like the idea of firing at will, but we need some accuracy. These shots need to hit either Holtby or the net, not the boards and glass.

Filth

Huge hit on ovi from staal. DAMMMMNNN

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Not for nothing caps goaltending has been pretty damn good for a rookie

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, these are the New York Rangers.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, how have you been able to get to all those playoff home games?

A few with last minute tickets at the Garden BO, a couple from people we've been working with recently.

I doubt I'm going to be able to go to another one this postseason, though I'll see what I can do if we get to the SCF.

Pretty sure if Boyle tried passing that, they could of had a short handed goal. Their offense is so fucking weird. Their aggressive, getting the chances, but just can't shoot. If they don't score in the second, good chance they might get shut out.

Top Bottom