• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT2| NHL ratings up 50%; GAF ratings down 90%

I'm impressed the discussion for this game reached a page

The Kings have mainly missed the net or banked it off the post so far

Brodeur just made a great save on a Gagne breakaway

Babalu.

never really seen a whole hockey game before but DAMN is this exciting. I'm from LA so of course i'm going for kings but holy moly. its like nonstop action. nonstop OMG they are on our side get it out of our side and then nonstop OMG we are on their side let that shit flyyy flyy flyy score score score.

its crazy. Last time I watched hockey was when emilio estevez was coaching.

I dont know if this is a good game or not but i'm pumped watching it and loving it. I pretty much watch and play all sports and hockey just got put into the rotation.

edit: what is the icing rule?
double edit: that shit was crazzzy when they hit it off the post twice in the 1st. sooooo close.
triple edit: why the fuck is this game hidden away in the 600+ channels. not even ESPN or someone could pick this up? the fucking final?

Good stuff Babalu, this is why hockey is so exciting to watch.

Add some more scoring, a fight here and there and you've got a usual regular season game.

Boss Man

never really seen a whole hockey game before but DAMN is this exciting. I'm from LA so of course i'm going for kings but holy moly. its like nonstop action. nonstop OMG they are on our side get it out of our side and then nonstop OMG we are on their side let that shit flyyy flyy flyy score score score.

its crazy. Last time I watched hockey was when emilio estevez was coaching.

I dont know if this is a good game or not but i'm pumped watching it and loving it. I pretty much watch and play all sports and hockey just got put into the rotation.

Hockey is the best sport, welcome. It's an especially great sport to watch live. Hopefully you get to see a fight. That usually opens people up to the sport a lot lol.

There are three red lines on the ice. One right across the center, and one across each side's net. Icing occurs when the puck is 'shot' across two of those lines ("clearing" the puck is another term you'll hear), usually in order to get your team out of trouble when things are getting heated on one end. If you do that, and the other team gets the puck (almost always will), then there's now a face-off on the end that the puck was cleared from. There is no icing when your team is killing a penalty.

Fuck, it's not nearly as complicated as that sounds. Basically, it's when a team that looks like it's currently on "defense" just shoots the puck across the ice to get that shit out of there.

Babalu.

man its crazy how hard these guys are getting hit and knocked into the walls. I can see why someone would want to fight after taking shit all game. And that puck sounds like a 10pound brick out there. Seems like it would demolish someone if hit straight on.

and the goalies are crazy. how do they keep track of the puck through everything going on...crazy.

Boss Man

Will Ferrell in the house.

man its crazy how hard these guys are getting hit and knocked into the walls. I can see why someone would want to fight after taking shit all game. And that puck sounds like a 10pound brick out there. Seems like it would demolish someone if hit straight on.

and the goalies are crazy. how do they keep track of the puck through everything going on...crazy.
Here's what some of the flashier offensive can look like:
Top 10 Creative Shootout Moves

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
double edit: that shit was crazzzy when they hit it off the post twice in the 1st. sooooo close.
triple edit: why the fuck is this game hidden away in the 600+ channels. not even ESPN or someone could pick this up? the fucking final?

Icing is when a team shoots across center ice (middle line) to the end of the rink (other teams side) without someone touching the puck or nobody on the other team has a chance of touching the puck before it crosses the end line.

And the networks are a mess kinda. ESPN used to have hockey but they relegated it to their lower channels... NHL moved to fox which made a mockery of the game

NBC now has it as their showcase sport...but theyre not showing it on NBC (the main channel) probably for some dumb reason. It's gonna take a while for hockey to recover fully in the states because of the networks mishandling it

Marvie_3

Banned
Icing is when a team shoots across center ice (middle line) to the end of the rink (other teams side) without someone touching the puck or nobody on the other team has a chance of touching the puck before it crosses the end line.

And the networks are a mess kinda. ESPN used to have hockey but they relegated it to their lower channels... NHL moved to fox which made a mockery of the game

NBC now has it as their showcase sport...but theyre not showing it on NBC (the main channel) probably for some dumb reason. It's gonna take a while for hockey to recover fully in the states because of the networks mishandling it
They did it to encourage more cable providers to pick up NBCSN.

This is brutal. They are going to need to make the nets twice the size next year or make it so Phil and Pitt can meet in the finals. Zzzzzzz

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I won't be home for another 45min due to work, I want this to go to 2nd OT.

Razorskin

----- ------
Hy3pz.gif

Top Bottom