• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Quick

Banned
The prisoner name plate and style fits perfectly with your team's personality.

Yeah and your logo fits perfectly for Newark. Hell on earth.

iwNY9YwYFCea7.gif

Osorio

Yeah and your logo fits perfectly for Newark. Hell on earth.

Newark's never gotten nominated for having the ugliest people in America, Philly did.

Plus I've never heard of this for any player wanted by the Devils

"Pires refused the American club's offer," the reporter writes.

"I didn't like it [Philadelphia] very much," Pires said. "I don't want to make this difficult, but to leave and take my family far, I would prefer that it would be to a beautiful city."

Newark's never gotten nominated for having the ugliest people in America, Philly did.

Yea but Newark was the place where they had to have a police line from public transit to the stadium when it opened because no one felt safe walking between the two. Normally with a situation like that you'd just say "follow the crowd" but that would require mediocre attendance.

Osorio

Yea but Newark was the place where they had to have a police line from public transit to the stadium when it opened because no one felt safe walking between the two. Normally with a situation like that you'd just say "follow the crowd" but that would require mediocre attendance.

That was more of a racism issue than a crime issue.

And I'd consider 87% capacity a little better than mediocre attendance.

Osorio

Feel free to find the last time the Devils were above 15th in the league. Hell go for 20th.

I'll help.

And better to be racist than unsafe, right?

If we sold out every game which apparently is the only thing that counts as great attendance to you guys, we'd be in 17th. Hmmm...

And there hasn't been a single incident of violent crime outside the arena that was non-hockey related.

Osorio

It's part of being a Devils fan that you feel like Rocky against Drago.

Coincidentally, Rocky is Philadelphia folklore even though he's based on character from North Jersey.

Not like it matters since he's fictional, just like Devils fans.

Right fellas?

Attendance.

Seems like an arbitrary place to pick where it "started." He made a crack then we went back and forth. Attendance crept in, but that's like saying we shouldn't make fun of Tabris for being so consistently ridiculous. The shittalk didn't START with attendance. If it's not ok to make fun of the Devils' shitty attendance then I'm gonna start a campaign against calling the Flyers "dirty." Because we've all heard THAT one a million times too.

I know this isn't your fight Soc, but Marvie's being idiotic on this one. It makes no sense. The sames things are always gonna come up in shittalk between rivals.

New rules guys: We can't make fun of the Red Wings for being old. No more cupless jokes about Toronto. No more making fun of the habs fans for being xenophobic towards non-frenchies. O and sorry Ducks-Gaf, but Queens has been overused.

Seems like an arbitrary place to pick where it "started." He made a crack then we went back and forth. Attendance crept in, but that's like saying we shouldn't make fun of Tabris for being so consistently ridiculous. The shittalk didn't START with attendance. If it's not ok to make fun of the Devils' shitty attendance then I'm gonna start a campaign against calling the Flyers "dirty." Because we've all heard THAT one a million times too.

I know this isn't your fight Soc, but Marvie's being idiotic on this one. It makes no sense. The sames things are always gonna come up in shittalk between rivals.

New rules guys: We can't make fun of the Red Wings for being old. No more cupless jokes about Toronto. No more making fun of the habs fans for being xenophobic towards non-frenchies. O and sorry Ducks-Gaf, but Queens has been overused.

And I swear to god if I see ONE MORE Kyle Wellwood is fat joke...

Socreges

Banned

Easy now. No one cares if you're shit talking. The attendance stuff is just kinda stupid.

toro5741

DiPietro 15-year contract jokes are still cool though, right? (Only 9 years left!)

Osorio

Is that what we've been reduced to? Might I remind you that Soccer was invented by European housewifes as a way to keep busy while their husbands did the cooking.

It's weird that when soccer was first around it sounded like the most violent game ever. It was essentially rugby except people just hacked at each other's shins rather than tackled each other to the ground.

ATF487

If we don't out of the first round this year I'm gonna...I'm gonna...buy season tickets again next year :(

Seriously though, our squad should get us silverware.

I don't know if you remember but I'm a Revs fan. I'd kill for your team's stadium/squad/money/etc, even if you guys are underachieving a bit.

Plus the Red Bulls are reigning Emirates Cup champions

Socreges

Banned
I'm watching Serie A this year for Roma and Michael Bradley. They should be fun to watch.

Do you follow the Caps?
Yeah, though not as closely as the Canucks. Looks like they can hold off Chivas (for the playoff spot), which is really exciting. Never expected such a fast turn-around.

Socreges

Banned
guys

GUYS

Hall beat Eberle in TSN's totally worthwhile "Who's Better?" championship. Can't believe the Oilers have got the two best U-25 players in the league.

Smyth and Hemsky as the two Over-25 finalists??

Osorio

I don't know if you remember but I'm a Revs fan. I'd kill for your team's stadium/squad/money/etc, even if you guys are underachieving a bit.

Plus the Red Bulls are reigning Emirates Cup champions

We just play with no heart on the road.

You guys are rebuilding with Heaps. I like your forwards and Nguyen but you backline is suspect.

Local ownership to buy the club from Kraft wouldn't hurt either.

Socreges said:
Yeah, though not as closely as the Canucks. Looks like they can hold off Chivas (for the playoff spot), which is really exciting. Never expected such a fast turn-around.

I love that Rennie's plan seems to be mixing fast as fuck Jamaicans with old as fuck Scottish guys that played for Rangers.

Osorio

guys

GUYS

Hall beat Eberle in TSN's totally worthwhile "Who's Better?" championship. Can't believe the Oilers have got the two best U-25 players in the league.

Smyth and Hemsky as the two Over-25 finalists??

Imagine if RNH Eberle and Hall all played on the same line in the AHL next season?

Alucard

Banned
Soccer starts tomorrow. Go Gunners!

I'm just going to act like the lockout is inevitable. That way, if there is a season, I can be pleasantly surprised and get really revved up.

Top Bottom