• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Quick

Banned
Who the fuck drinks to be sober anyways? Thats just a waste of money and time, yeah I get having some cold ones when BBQing or watching the game but if your going out and holding back thinking your macho or something because you aint acting stupid then your just wasting your friends times and money. ( unless your the driver)

I like being able to remember what I did, or the people I talked to, or generally have a good time. Getting a buzz is my limit, since I'd rather not get a hangover.

Not a macho thing, but a smart thing.

Osorio

That's why I go ham on whiskey or whiskey on the rocks in the summer.

You never pick up chicks if you think about picking up chicks.

Get stupid or go home.

That's why I go ham on whiskey or whiskey on the rocks in the summer.

You never pick up chicks if you think about picking up chicks.

Get stupid or go home.

WTF? Everyone knows that Rum goes with ham not wishkey.

rum-ham2.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I really am curious to know how they weight their ratings. They said this year that they're balancing them differently than in past years. For example, Parros was an 81 in NHL 12, but a 69 in NHL 13. Obviously he was an 81 due to his fighting and toughness skill being weighted more heavily.

If you do a straight up average of the players attributes, then no player would ever come close to being a 90. I did a brief break down for Crosby, Parros, and Datsyuk using my own ratings in the 24 categories EA uses. I ended up with Crosby being an 82, Parros a 71, and Datsyuk an 81. The stuff each player isn't "good" at really brings down their ratings to the point where it's impossible to have guys in the high 80's, let alone 90's.

Marvie_3

Banned
I really am curious to know how they weight their ratings. They said this year that they're balancing them differently than in past years. For example, Parros was an 81 in NHL 12, but a 69 in NHL 13. Obviously he was an 81 due to his fighting and toughness skill being weighted more heavily.

If you do a straight up average of the players attributes, then no player would ever come close to being a 90. I did a brief break down for Crosby, Parros, and Datsyuk using my own ratings in the 24 categories EA uses. I ended up with Crosby being an 82, Parros a 71, and Datsyuk an 81. The stuff each player isn't "good" at really brings down their ratings to the point where it's impossible to have guys in the high 80's, let alone 90's.

It used to be based on the player type they were and the weighting was different for each type. Sounds like this new rating system they have is based on their overall skill as a hockey player with each attribute weighted the same for ever player.

It used to be based on the player type they were and the weighting was different for each type. Sounds like this new rating system they have is based on their overall skill as a hockey player with each attribute weighted the same for ever player.

But Connolly is good at nothing and rated 82. Unless there is a new attribute called Likelihood of Injury and he is a 99.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What would Hawk fans think of a dealing centering around exchanging Plekanec and Sharp? It hasn't been brought up by any reputable source, just kinda thinking about things, you guys need a 2C and we need a Top 6 F, and are going to have too many 1 / 2 C's soon.

Marvie_3

Banned
What would Hawk fans think of a dealing centering around exchanging Plekanec and Sharp? It hasn't been brought up by any reputable source, just kinda thinking about things, you guys need a 2C and we need a Top 6 F, and are going to have too many 1 / 2 C's soon.

iOEZ5e16HljPD.gif

Sharp isn't going anywhere.

Top Bottom