• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nhl 25 is not coming to Pc

Catphish

good, don't poison the PC market with this crap
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I hate what the game has come. I’ve been playing Stanley Cup on the SNES to get my hockey fix the last few years.

Sleepwalker

EA sports in general doesn't care about PC.

FIFA was last gen version until a couple years ago.

CFB and UFC don't even get ported, unsure about madden.

2k is the same way btw, NBA 2k25 is finally going to be next gen version on PC.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Oh, noes, all the improvements they will be missing from the previous year's version! Like... updated player lists and... and...

MikeM

Gold Member
PC bros are chads that actually play real sports between sessions of sweaty sex with super models.

We don't need a game for any of that, you console lads can keep it. :messenger_sunglasses:
I don’t know man. A lot of them look like this:

computer nerd GIF by South Park

… except me of course. 😎

NHL not being on PC is a big head scratcher. Makes no sense unless they know they canmt handle PC cheaters.

Last edited:

ssringo

That's fine. Those indie hockey games are more fun anyways.

Though I wouldn't buy a modern EA Sports game regardless.

Last edited:

Catphish

The primary benefit of it coming to PC, in my opinion, would be its mod-ability.

The community could fix a lot of its issues, like they did with Madden 24. That would only drive sales.

I'm honestly at a loss as to why it's not something EA will do, when the game was on PC for 12 years in the past.

The only thing I can speculate is that modders might find something in the code that EA doesn't want people to know about.

DaGwaphics

I guess it shouldn't be mentioned. But, at the moment the best you can probably do on PC is to emulate the last version to get a PS360 release. Those disks can be found cheap and if you want to jump through enough hoops to get them converted to iso and then into a format supported by the emulator you should be good.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I think it's mainly a legacy decision. I remember older NHLs came to PC but at the time there was low sales and piracy so they just stopped some time in 2010. I can see it coming back at some point though.

Yeah, but that's a long time ago, and PC's acts more like a console replacement for many these days. Also, they never stopped releasing FIFA or Madden.

SNG32

They need to try and release it on steam. Shit is different than 2010. They could put denuvo on it if they are worried about pirating and shit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
they didnt port NCAA Football to PC either. Lets face it, PC is huge in europe and asia and they couldnt give two shits about Madden, college football and ice hockey. even NBA2k was porting last gen versions of NBA2k until recently.

PC is a growing market in the U.S but i wouldnt be surprised if its smaller than even xbox. if people were buying these games on pc, EA would be porting them.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont think EA ports all theor sports games to PC and havent for a while.

NHL games arent big sellers to begin with (maybe 1M copies on consoles?). I thought way back they didn't bother making PC ports due to people cracking it and updating rosters themselves. So EA probably lost interest.

Sleepwalker

they didnt port NCAA Football to PC either. Lets face it, PC is huge in europe and asia and they couldnt give two shits about Madden, college football and ice hockey. even NBA2k was porting last gen versions of NBA2k until recently.

PC is a growing market in the U.S but i wouldnt be surprised if its smaller than even xbox. if people were buying these games on pc, EA would be porting them.
Yup.. nba 2k25 (releases in a couple weeks) will be the first pc port to be next gen. It also won't have crossplay

Fifa also did the same for years.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

When people think of PCs, everyone imagines big desktop towers, but we shouldn't forget handheld PCs. I believe there's a growing PC audience for sports games, thanks to handheld consoles. EA, hear me out!

Top Bottom