• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2K5 Online Season: LeagueName = "LastCallLeague" / Password = "pass" SIGN UP NOW!

Fifty

Weird game Konex. 4 OTs. Crazy, crazy game.

(let me go off on a bit of a rant here)

I hate it when the goalies go out of their nets. They always, always do it at the wrong time. I had two D guys going back for the puck and Cujo went out far and got it...Since he went out I couldn't cover the puck up, and he had no choice but to turn it over and Konex scored (his only goal)

Now Konex had 67 shots, so I'm not saying he didn't deserve a goal....It's just that with 67 shots, no way will that be the only goal scored. He had some close calls himself. The goalie would stop a 80 foot shot with his pads, and it would slowly trickle down the ice away from him and toward the forwards...That could have lead to a goal or two. So far that's my only real problem with the game as it stands now.

shoplifter

Must have just missed Marty.

If you get back on in the next hour, toss me a pm or post in the thread since I can play until around 12:30am est.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
It appears that Andy quit, without saying anything.

Once a douche...always a douche.

Rodriguez

Fifty said:
It appears that Andy quit, without saying anything.

I think Kotex awarding the win to FMT before the deadline, even though I have indicated I wanted to play the game, pretty much says it all.

I send two invites to play the game, he shrugs both of them off, never sends me an invite, and makes one post in the thread and that warrants a forfeit win in his favor? OH MAN. I WANT TO STAY IN THIS LEAGUE. IT IS SO FAIR.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Cmdr. Solrak said:
Hey Bish.....looks like I got you next mate. When do you want to do this...I'm available after 11PM CT.
I'll be on Thursday after 8 PM PST and Friday after 7 PM PST. Pick your poison and I'll meet you online. :)

Cloudy

Banned
I think Kotex awarding the win to FMT before the deadline, even though I have indicated I wanted to play the game, pretty much says it all.

I said the deadline was 10et a long time ago in this thread. I also explained why I was giving him the win and invited you to convince me otherwise. You didn't argue and around 10 when I knew you two weren't gonna play by then, I advanced the league.

I dunno what to tell you man, all you had to do was post in this thread to set a time and I didn't see you do that. The forums are all I have to go on. If you think someone is ignoring you, post in here or on the league site to set it up or let me know. I don't think you need to quit over that but hey...

Rodriguez

Cloudy said:
I said the deadline was 10et a long time ago in this thread. I also explained why I was giving him the win and invited you to convince me otherwise. You didn't argue and around 10 when I knew you two weren't gonna play by then, I advanced the league.

I dunno what to tell you man, all you had to do was post in this thread to set a time and I didn't see you do that. The forums are all I have to go on. If you think someone is ignoring you, post in here or on the league site to set it up or let me know. I don't think you need to quit over that but hey...

And what compelling argument did FMT bring up? "Dude, I got your invite, but when I finally got around to booting up NHL, you weren't on anymore."??? I'm so sorry I didn't feel like waiting around for him to finish up whatever it was that he was doing. You're right, I deserve the loss. "You didn't argue"? Are you fucking illiterate?

Your reasoning for giving FMT the win is downright stupid. But hey, it's you.

Cloudy

Banned
Fuck you, dude. If you simply checked the thread and replied to your opponent (LIKE EVERYONE ELSE), I'd have done a cointoss LIKE THE OTHER 2 GAMES. And it was probably only a matter of time before you quit anyways so I'm glad you did it now. Fuck off, please...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K guys I'm out of town (in T.O.) until Monday. I gotta go catch my plane in like 35 minutes and I didn't think I needed to be there for an hour and a half.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

shoplifter

Truelize said:
K guys I'm out of town (in T.O.) until Monday. I gotta go catch my plane in like 35 minutes and I didn't think I needed to be there for an hour and a half.

IF your plane actually leaves in 35 minutes, you're FUCKED.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mav,when do you want to skate?

Matrix

Maverick said:
mmm....today at 3 pm EST?

Yea thats good..I'll be on at 3 pm est.

shoplifter

Good game.

No clue, but I never seem to get any called against me. I'd guess a lot of it is the pressure meter (or whatever it is) at the top. Fuller bar = more reckless play. I barely ever body check or use the right stick, so I stay away from penalties most of the time.

DENIS == MVP

edit: FINALLY I put 2 goals on the board. Almost got the third when Nabokov came out to play the puck and Sanderson nearly beat him back to the net. I think he posted it. :(

Good game Bish...well...at least on your part...my goalie just fucking sucked...PERIOD!! The goal made behind his back supports this theory! :D

DJ Demon, i can play tonight if you want, but more than likely tomorrow would be good for me (prefereably later at night, but give me a time you can play)

Matrix

Maverick said:
sorry matrix i got back from class late. mah bad!

you can lose any time tomorrow after 230.

Its cool,I'll be online at 3 pm eastern again :)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
To be fair, Solrak, we both got goals that deflected off the goaltenders' backs. Mine just happened when I flipped the puck over from behind the net. :D

Good game, anyways. Were you getting some weird stuttering when the puck was near either goaltender? It was happening constantly for me.

Matrix

GG Mav...it was about time someone made my goalie look like shit.

Top Bottom