• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jackets make the playoffs Bobrovsky deserves the Vezina.

Lundqvist has been pretty good this year (I have him in my pool so I know) but the lack of offensive support and his paltry 1 shutout won't be enough to get the votes.

I think Schneider might have an outside chance if he finishes the year strongly, but the fact that Luongo has started a fair share of the games will hurt his chances.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist was a little off the first week or two of the season, which is skewing his numbers off ever so slightly. Since then he's been a monster. He would easily have a GAA under 2 if you took away January.

Not much he could do on that Schenn goal a few minutes ago either.

HUGE save by Mason just now, goddamn.

Quick

Banned
NHL: "Outdoor game all the things!"

Shit, I'd cut that list down to at least 2: Leafs/Wings and Sens/Canucks. If they really have to have one at the US west coast, LA/Anaheim would be the one.

NHL: "Outdoor game all the things!"

Shit, I'd cut that list down to at least 2: Leafs/Wings and Sens/Canucks. If they really have to have one at the US west coast, LA/Anaheim would be the one.

It will be LA/Anaheim if Dodger Stadium gets booked and sorted.

I'm contemplating actually flying over to see it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
MacLean now has 2 years of great coaching and exceeding expectations vs. Therrien one year of glory so far.

Coaching an injury riddled team full of kids >>>>>> coaching a healthy team.

But that's just me and I'm definitely biased here.

Not trying to take anything away from Therrien who has done an outstanding job, I just think MacLean has done more with less for 2 years now.

Voters love voting based on their pre season pre conceptions.

Who would get it instead?

Anderson? Rinne? Rask?

Anderson easily, it's a shame he's missed so many games. No other goalie has really stood out to me, and I haven't watched the west enough, but Bobrovsky seems to be making a case
pun unintended.

Says a lot about goaltending in the East when Price is the frontrunner.

:(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the Jackets make the playoffs Bobrovsky deserves the Vezina.

Lundqvist has been pretty good this year (I have him in my pool so I know) but the lack of offensive support and his paltry 1 shutout won't be enough to get the votes.

I think Schneider might have an outside chance if he finishes the year strongly, but the fact that Luongo has started a fair share of the games will hurt his chances.

Noy only that, but bad as it's been lately, the Canucks's D is still quite a bit bette than Columbus', so it's not like Bobrovsky's saves were easy

TUSR

Banned
There's a lot of cool peripheral stuff to be sure, but the quality of the actual games is terrible.

I've never even watched the Winter Classics, just kept it to the 24/7 series and the mic'ed up version of the game pieced together.

So glad Cowen is back.

He does not fuck around

HdxXs19.png

Headshot ? Might be losing him again :(

Quick

Banned
There's a lot of cool peripheral stuff to be sure, but the quality of the actual games is terrible.

Looking at it matter-of-factly, the quality of play will definitely be a downgrade since they'd have to take the weather, field conditions, and a ton of other things into account.

But it's still going to be quite the spectacle, and would be awesome if/when they break the attendance record for an NHL game.

Christ I hate my local announcers for the Canes. Forslund is usually solid but Tripp is a disaster of epic proportions.

Even on the replay they were showing it looked like Ruutu did not hit the puck with his stick after kicking it but these yahoos spout off that it definitely did and that the refs got it wrong.

Edit: OMG and they are still talking about it and they show a slow-mo replay and he didn't fucking touch it and they are saying "it's inconclusive."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom