• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Green was terrible all season until some random girl on Twitter called him out and said it was time for him to go.

He then scores 7 in 9 games and replies to the tweet with something along the lines of "SUCK ON THAT".

The girl prints off the tweet, takes it to him and gets him to sign it. They shake hands and become pals.

Long story short: Twitter is a better coach than Adam Oates.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's no Norris favorite like Subban

I was just about to post this :)

Bob Mackenzie said:
TSN contacted NHL head coaches and asked them to pick one winner and one runner-up in each of six award categories. There were only two requirements: Choose only players in their own conference -- those they've actually seen this season -- and do not pick anyone on their own team.

A total of 25 coaches -- 13 in the West and 12 in the East -- participated in the survey.

Price was voted for Vezina, Gallagher barely over Huberdeau, and "Subban was the clear #1 for Norris", Therrien voted for coach of the year.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=420953

Shocked to see Price get so many votes for Vezina, he's been meh to good all year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
On a completely different note: 4/20 posters are up all over the city, apparently they're giving out free joints... lol. I need to make sure not to be around the Art Gallery on either 4/20 or July 1st every year, because it's just way too crowded.

Dat thread title change, lol.

:lol

Solo

Therrien over MacLean is such horseshit but w/e.

Pick your poison. One of them is coaching an injury-riddled team into the playoffs, and the other has turned the worst team in the conference around completely. Neither feat is small, nor more impressive than the other.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thread title, stay salty NHL-GAF.

In fact I love it, I can see the fear. God forbid if the Leafs were actually Stanley Cup contenders, y'all would be shitting your pants.

tumblr_masadoV6At1ql0dsio1_400.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No way Price desrves the Vezina, but Dat Respect.
The only ones close to deserving it in the east would be Anderson and Lunqvist, but Anderson hasn't played much so it's a tough decision but Price definitely shouldn't be the main nominee.

Pick your poison. One of them is coaching an injury-riddled team into the playoffs, and the other has turned the worst team in the conference around completely. Neither feat is small, nor more impressive than the other.

MacLean now has 2 years of great coaching and exceeding expectations vs. Therrien one year of glory so far.

Coaching an injury riddled team full of kids >>>>>> coaching a healthy team.

But that's just me and I'm definitely biased here.

Not trying to take anything away from Therrien who has done an outstanding job, I just think MacLean has done more with less for 2 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom