• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Komarov ran into Anderson, what game are you guys watching ?

"Ran Anderson" is a creative choice of words. Komarov bumped into Anderson on a rush. The puck then moved away from the net and then the goal fucking goes in because Anderson was slashing our player. Not because he was interfered on.

I could see a case for a goalie interference PENALTY but calling the goal back because of that scuffle is incompetence. That interference had nothing to do with the goal getting scored. If anything the Leafs should have a 2-min penalty. I really fucking hate this notion that Komarov's bump orchestrated the goal.

The one where he was pushed by Philips??

No the one where he initially ran into Anderson and made no attempt to get out of the way. Should have blown right there.

Philips did what every NHL D-man does, get the opposing player out of the crease so your goalie can see it.

"Ran Anderson" is a creative choice of words. Komarov bumped into Anderson on a rush.

That's goalie interference, maybe not ran but he bumped right into him and made no attempt to get out of the way. They've called goalie interference for less. It is a bit of a BS call but you can't do that.

Anderson nudged him back with the stick, hardly unheard of.

My take is they called it back because the initial call should have been made before the scuffle in front of the net.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kid line just had a fantastic chance. Incoming 6 mins of ice time for the rest of the game.

CCF23

"Ran Anderson" is a creative choice of words. Komarov bumped into Anderson on a rush. The puck then moved away from the net and then the goal fucking goes in because Anderson was slashing our player. Not because he was interfered on.

I could see a case for a goalie interference PENALTY but calling the goal back because of that scuffle is incompetence. That interference had nothing to do with the goal getting scored. If anything the Leafs should have a 2-min penalty. I really fucking hate this notion that Komarov's bump orchestrated the goal.

The first time Komarov bumped Anderson was textbook goalie interference. He made no attempt to stop or get out of the way of making contact with him...

So stop yer bitching, Leaf fans. You got away with one, and then the Sens got away with one.

Cactus

Banned
No the one where he initially ran into Anderson and made no attempt to get out of the way. Should have blown right there.

Philips did what every NHL D-man does, get the opposing player out of the crease so your goalie can see it.
Yes, the play should have been blown, but it wasn't. Similarly, because play was allowed to continue, that should have been a good goal.

Refs really fucked up.

Montresor

That's goalie interference, maybe not ran but he bumped right into him and made no attempt to get out of the way. They've called goalie interference for less. It is a bit of a BS call but you can't do that.

Anderson nudged him back with the stick, hardly unheard of.

My take is they called it back because the initial call should have been made before the scuffle in front of the net.

I know I'm being really really petty, but this is what I'm arguing: the Leafs should have gotten a 2-min penalty for a goalie interference call COMPLETELY unrelated to the goal. Instead, we got a waived off goal with the explanation: goalie interference. No, the goal should have been waived off because the offending team touched the puck and the play should have been whistled down. Just like how any offending team who touches the puck during a delayed penalty stops the play dead, regardless of the penalty.

No goal either way. I've made my peace with that.

TUSR

Banned
6quXS4H.jpg

???

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What happened with this, why have Toronto's shot count been so low for like the last couple weeks, have I missed something?

Turnovers and lack of sustained pressure in the offensive zone.

They have barely been able to cycle the puck at all the last 5-6 games. The only positive is for the most part we've given up tons of shots but they've been from the outside and not hard for Reimer to deal with. The last few games though we've been giving up quality chances to go along with that. :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lmao. This is comical now. Guys just don't give a fuck since clinching and Therrien keeps icing the players who are playing the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom