• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, with the Leafs in the playoffs, who has the longest active playoff drought?

I just want someone to get to 11 years without a playoff appearance so the Panthers don't have that record any more.

Montresor

Best part is this (or soon) is right about when the Leafs would start to collapse.

I don't even understand how he could have gotten so confused

The Leafs collapsing and choking away a playoff spot isn't a regular occurrence. They usually start the season off terribly and then play well when they're eliminated. If this was an 82-game season I think they would make the playoffs.

Last year's team which suffered that embarrassing collapse was just another soft-as-butter Wilson team with terrible special teams.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I just want someone to get to 11 years without a playoff appearance so the Panthers don't have that record any more.

Edmonton now.

I think they're at 6 or 7 years...

edit: This year will make 7. They haven't made the playoffs since they made the Cup finals.

winnipegzz.jpg

I think it's now Edmonton.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hansen has an unreal amount of breakaways, with how fast he is. He also misses an unreal amount of them.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Interesting question brought up by HFBoards:

CBC can only take 2 playoff series

Who would they take out of Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto? (Assuming Montreal and toronto don't play each other)

For one of these teams fans, it might be weird come playoff time

Who would they take out of Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto? (Assuming Montreal and toronto don't play each other)

Wouldn't TSN just pick up the leftover series?

Smiley90

not to mention if the Jets make it, too.

Vancouver-STL?
Montreal-Islanders?
Bruins-Leafs?
Pens-Jets?

I'd say Habs-Islanders is probably the most boring, so it drops out. Bruins-Leafs would be a given. Then... probably Canucks-STL?

torontoml

Toronto and Vancouver, Toronto gets the most national broadcasts currently in the east and Vancouver in the west

DopeyFish

not to mention if the Jets make it, too.

Vancouver-STL?
Montreal-Islanders?
Bruins-Leafs?
Pens-Jets?

I'd say Habs-Islanders is probably the most boring, so it drops out. Bruins-Leafs would be a given. Then... probably Canucks-STL?

Don't forget the sens

CBC has 4th pick too, so they'll have 3 Canadian series if there's 4 separate series with Canadian teams... TSN may finally have a prime matchup for the playoffs

Smiley90

Don't forget the sens

.. right, but it'd probably be Sens-Caps, which wouldn't get picked. Would be interesting if it's Sens-Jets. That'd probably be the only matchup capable of kicking the Canucks out of CBC, otherwise it'll probably be Leafs&Canucks.

EDIT: Franzen is an idiot, and Burrows gets 2mins for being Burrows. As usual. Gotta pad those Minor penalty stats! Burrows is really running away with his league lead.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
CBC skipped the Habs in 2010. As much as they might want a western Canadian team, I think they go Toronto, and Montreal. They still might get Vancouver if TSN picks Sens. This could all be solved if Montreal drops to 4th.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

99% sure the CBC will take Leafs/Canucks. Doesn't matter who either of these teams play they will get viewership.

.. right, but it'd probably be Sens-Caps, which wouldn't get picked. Would be interesting if it's Sens-Jets. That'd probably be the only matchup capable of kicking the Canucks out of CBC, otherwise it'll probably be Leafs&Canucks.

Leafs-Habs and Canucks-Kings is probably the best possible outcome in terms of ratings.

Edit:
Boston has 2 games in hand and Montreal isn't looking too sharp.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All I know about this Wings/Canucks game is that the PA played an organ version of the intro to "Bad Boy" by Mase. I have no idea what to think about that.

DopeyFish

CBC skipped the Habs in 2010. As much as they might want a western Canadian team, I think they go Toronto, and Montreal. They still might get Vancouver if TSN picks Sens. This could all be solved if Montreal drops to 4th.

Oh yeah, Ottawa/PITT was probably more tempting than Montreal/Washington

Still hoping the leafs get a sure win on last game of the season to hopefully set up that series

But bruins aren't doing too hot either

Northbeast is no longer beasting

Smiley90

Last time the Red Wings missed the playoffs, The Simpsons' first season started. Oh shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom