• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Much better plan. Another stud forward would really change things. Couts becomes much more movable and Briere becomes a buyout option. Though I'd still prefer Jones to all of them....

TANK TANK TANK!

TANKING IS FOR PENGUINS!

If they trade Couts I will be a sad panda.

Breire needs to go, ASAP.

Also who the fuck is Adam Hall and why did the Flyers grab him off waivers?

Marvie_3

Banned
Source says #Isles are trying to land Hawks rookie Brandon Saad. Cost is high, clearly, but Snow is interested.

izlQLcTrlHBw.gif

nasero

I really like Sauve, problem is the kid is constantly hurt. I don't think hes even played a full season in Providence.

ShaneB

The marketing/media blitz around the NHL trade deadline in Canada is always hilarious to watch. So much fucking hype for so little. All the big trades happened days ago.

Anything that brings about a full day of hockey coverage and hockey talk is super duper in my books :)

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Isles are trying to pry Saad away from the Hawks. Good luck with that.

Asking price on Bishop is a prospect and a 2nd rounder. Seems reasonable.

Cake Boss

Banned
Shane Hnidy is making Craig Button look like a fool with all of the sense hes making as opposed to Button.

Button: Tampa should buyout Lecalvier for cap space, they should also bring in Luongo.

ShaneB

As opposed to any other day in Canada?

I love me some hockey but it takes up 80% of the airwaves on a daily basis as is.

Heh, fair enough, I meant specifically a full day of analysis and whatnot, and being able to watch it uninterrupted by other sports :p

Tabris

I don't understand why people think Roberto Luongo isn't long-term. It's not like he's going to retire in 2 years. He's most likely going to play as long as Marty Brodeur as they are very similar players outside of playoff performance. That's like 7 years still to go.

LevelNth

Banned
Lol love how Dreger is tweeting now that Kipper was 'keen' on a trade yesterday, but today got spooked and decision was made he'll stay put and retire this year.

How stupid does TSN really believe everyone is? Shameless the rumor mongering and borderline outright lying these 'insiders' do to promote their all day coverage every year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lol love how Dreger is tweeting now that Kipper was 'keen' on a trade yesterday, but today got spooked and decision was made he'll stay put and retire this year.

How stupid does TSN really believe everyone is? Shameless the rumor mongering and borderline outright lying these 'insiders' do to promote their all day coverage every year.

You'd be surprised. I know a few people who really thought it was a done deal Kipper was coming here.

Quick

Banned

They have nothing else to do, so might as well write fan fiction.

Curufinwe

I don't understand why people think Roberto Luongo isn't long-term. It's not like he's going to retire in 2 years. He's most likely going to play as long as Marty Brodeur as they are very similar players outside of playoff performance. That's like 7 years still to go.

Even if he's plays great till he turns 40 there's still three years left on his contract after that.

LevelNth

Banned
You'd be surprised. I know a few people who really thought it was a done deal Kipper was coming here.
To be honest you're right, a few at my office probably thought the same. What's so criminal is the TSN guys use their cache from other times in the year (when they in fact are often right, and especially with MacKenzie, learn stuff very early) and use that to promote their bull shit.

Tabris

TSN is actually the best NHL coverage in the league and they are the #1 source for authentic information.

They've had a rough time. The Boston Bruins GM tells them the deal is done, so they report it. They hear from Toronto that talks went really well with Kipper and his agent, but then Kipper gets cold feet (probably talked to his wife).

Can't blame them for those. If they waited to confirm all 3 sides, then they would miss out on being the source of getting the news ASAP.

Isles are trying to pry Saad away from the Hawks. Good luck with that.

Asking price on Bishop is a prospect and a 2nd rounder. Seems reasonable.

Homer needs to get on the phone. I would love to see them bring in Bishop, give him a tryout this year, and if he is better then Bryz they could buy Bryz out, and if he isnt then they could at least have a goalie competition next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom