• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ErEAiR-_Qdo

Trade call video for Derek Roy.

Yeah, was posted last night by someone though nobody replied. It was really interesting - it was depressingly half medical waiver/eventuality stuff but there was clearly a little bit of unease for both parties in terms of agreeing to the minor details; kind of had the feeling that if they squabbled over the medical evaluation terms the whole deal could have unraveled on the phone. Probably because of the timing to get Roy medically evaluated vs. when both teams play their next game.

Curufinwe

Fucking Holland.. atleast ship off White for a pick. We got a return for Huskins so White should be atleast a 2nd or 3rd.

Huskins only gets Detroit a 7th rounder if Philly resigns him prior to October, 1st. Which I doubt they will.

I'm personally conflicted as to whether Couts and a first for Yandle is something I would be happy with. I'd expect the deal to be in that range, with maybe some lower level picks thrown in.

It better not be this year's first round pick which still has a chance to be first overall.

I would rather it be Read than Couts.

I would much rather the Flyers keep Read. Read still could be a solid NHL player, Couts hasnt shown anything this year. They badly overvalued him last year and they are paying the price for it this year.

Spl1nter

Dreger says Kipper doesn't want to move.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

yea-fuck-yea.gif

I would much rather the Flyers keep Read. Read still could be a solid NHL player, Couts hasnt shown anything this year. They badly overvalued him last year and they are paying the price for it this year.

This is your value on points again. Look at guys like Fisher and J. Staal. That's who Couts is gonna be like. Never a huge points player, but VERY valuable and important. Sophmore slump be damned. The kid still can't drink legally.

Curufinwe

Read is already a solid top 6 forward. He's also almost 27. Giving up on Couturier at age 20 would be foolish.

Last year Nashville wanted Couturier, B Schenn and more for Weber

Var

They haven't used him well this year. Lower ice time and worse situations really. Right now I think Read is the better player ,but long term Couts will end up being more valuable.

They haven't used him well this year. Lower ice time and worse situations really. Right now I think Read is the better player ,but long term Couts will end up being more valuable.

You're gonna have to get used to yankee ignoring things like cap hit, age, and defensive value and basing player value entirely on point totals.

This is your value on points again. Look at guys like Fisher and J. Staal. That's who Couts is gonna be like. Never a huge points player, but VERY valuable and important. Sophmore slump be damned. The kid still can't drink legally.

You could be right and he could bounce back but I think I would rather keep the guy who has shown he can fit in with the team already. If you keep Couts for another year and he does have another down year his trade value is going to be greatly reduced. The Flyers D is fucking terrible, no #1, tons of older guys who keep getting hurt. They need to get some top pairing guys, and they dont have a ton of pieces to trade. I dont want them to trade B. Scheen at all, so that leaves Couts or Read. Obviously they are going to try like crazy to sign guys but that didnt work last year and I dont want them to put all their eggs in that basket this year.

You could be right and he could bounce back but I think I would rather keep the guy who has shown he can fit in with the team already. If you keep Couts for another year and he does have another down year his trade value is going to be greatly reduced. The Flyers D is fucking terrible, no #1, tons of older guys who keep getting hurt. They need to get some top pairing guys, and they dont have a ton of pieces to trade. I dont want them to trade B. Scheen at all, so that leaves Couts or Read. Obviously they are going to try like crazy to sign guys but that didnt work last year and I dont want them to put all their eggs in that basket this year.

Couts DOES fit with the team. There's a reason Lavy has him playing coveted PK minutes and at the end of close games. Stop focusing solely on point production and look at the bigger picture here.

You're gonna have to get used to yankee ignoring things like cap hit, age, and defensive value and basing player value entirely on point totals.

LOL you always say stupid shit like this. The cap hit difference between the two isnt even worth worrying about, I do agree that I dont give a fuck about age though. Flyers need to win soon, they cant be thinking 5 years from now. I never said I was just basing things on point totals, but why is defensive ability, which Couts hasnt shown at all this year, better then offensive production?

Curufinwe

Let's see what happens at the draft and go from there. The whole forward situation in Philly could change dramatically if they get Mackinnon, Drouin or Barkov. Then some forward is getting traded, but they will have plenty of time to get the best deal, instead of rushing into something at the trade deadline when prices are at their highest.

Let's see what happens at the draft and go from there. The whole forward situation in Philly could change dramatically if they get Mackinnon, Drouin or Barkov. Then some forward is getting traded, but they will have plenty of time to get the best deal, instead of rushing into something at the trade deadline when prices are at their highest.

Much better plan. Another stud forward would really change things. Couts becomes much more movable and Briere becomes a buyout option. Though I'd still prefer Jones to all of them....

TANK TANK TANK!

Var

Much better plan. Another stud forward would really change things. Couts becomes much more movable and Briere becomes a buyout option. Though I'd still prefer Jones to all of them....

TANK TANK TANK!

This. Playoffs are long shot anyway. Seth would look amazing in orange.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fucking Holland.. atleast ship off White for a pick. We got a return for Huskins so White should be atleast a 2nd or 3rd.

If he gets nothing for Filppula he should be fired.

Then again, if he re-signs him he should be fired.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Actually gonna miss Big Ben if we trade him. He's going to be a really good goaltender in the future, and I like having the tallest goalie in NHL history :p

Curufinwe

TANK TANK TANK!

Briere was bad this season, then got another concussion. I think the Flyers should make him sit for the rest of the season even if he gets healthy, then buy him out as soon as they're allowed to.

The marketing/media blitz around the NHL trade deadline in Canada is always hilarious to watch. So much fucking hype for so little. All the big trades happened days ago.

dem

This is definitely going to be the worst deadline day ever

There is way too many teams who think they're still in the hunt..

Detroit to pick up Fleischmann, Mattias, and Kopecky. *hollandtrollface.jpg

Edit: Maybe Vancouver can keep us entertained by trading off a young future captain for some other young forward like last year.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
the only thing that would save this deadline day is if the GMs reversed all of the trades they made in the past week (e.g. Iginla back to Calgary).

fallout

This is definitely going to be the worst deadline day ever

There is way too many teams who think they're still in the hunt..
I think we've been saying this every year since I started browsing GAF back when it was still on ezboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom