• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

I love the way Reimer points his glove up and looks skyward after every win. I'm definitely happy to see him succeeding again. 13-4-4 is not bad. Small sample size but I'll take what I can get.

LevelNth

Banned
30+ years of following the Leafs and the beat reporters here still never cease to amaze me with how hilariously awful they are at their jobs.

Trade Deadline just compounds the issue.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
30+ years of following the Leafs and the beat reporters here still never cease to amaze me with how hilariously awful they are at their jobs.

Trade Deadline just compounds the issue.

Yet despite that I am still shocked that Howard Berger got canned years ago.

Not that he didn't deserve it. It's like the Leafs kicked him when he was a kid, he went from somewhat credible to gigantic troll within a season.

LevelNth

Banned
Yet despite that I am still shocked that Howard Berger got canned years ago.

Not that he didn't deserve it. It's like the Leafs kicked him when he was a kid, he went from somewhat credible to gigantic troll within a season.
I often ask myself who my most disliked is, but it varies so often I have to evenly spread out my disappointment in all of them!

Cox or Mirtle probably get the vote.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I often ask myself who my most disliked is, but it varies so often I have to evenly spread out my disappointment in all of them!

Cox or Mirtle probably get the vote.

Forever and always Steve Simmons for me. I honestly imagine the day the Leafs win the Cup he will be the first one to come out with some sort of negative article about them winning.

And in other news Joffrey Lupul named 1st star of the week.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Forever and always Steve Simmons for me. I honestly imagine the day the Leafs win the Cup he will be the first one to come out with some sort of negative article about them winning.

And in other news Joffrey Lupul named 1st star of the week.

Nah don't worry, he'll be long dead by that point.

Dump Briere and use that cap space to get another defenseman should be a start.

If they do switch coaches, and I think they will, they need a more defensive minded guy. Lavi is very up temo push the puck, and that can work but it puts to much pressure on their terrible defensemen and it also leaves Bryz facing a ton of odd men rushes. The Flyers should be trying to win games 3-2, or 2-1, and limiting shots against, rather then try to win 5-4 all the time and fail.

Cake Boss

Banned
je1eZGIAQ2fpb.jpg

WTF? Rinne posted this on his Instagram account.

Merguson

Banned
Apparently Doug MacLean said Luongo refused to waive his NTC to go to Toronto last summer because he believed a deal with Florida was coming.

Heh I know that feeling.

Cole is a 1st round pick, is he a bust or something ?

Not a bust, just not what they needed him to be. A fine 3rd pairing, maybe even 2nd eventually. Expectations of a 1st pairing were probably always too high.

Really I don't think he's been given a fair shake this season. He's in one game and out the next 5 or 6 for Redden.

In other news, all of our players are still injured and we still suck and management still has no idea what they are doing in terms of trades.

If they do switch coaches, and I think they will, they need a more defensive minded guy. Lavi is very up temo push the puck, and that can work but it puts to much pressure on their terrible defensemen and it also leaves Bryz facing a ton of odd men rushes. The Flyers should be trying to win games 3-2, or 2-1, and limiting shots against, rather then try to win 5-4 all the time and fail.

You either build a team to suit your current coach's strategy and tendencies or you get a coach whose philosophy matches your current (or future) lineup.

Otherwise it's a square peg into a round hole.

Leafs might be interested in Kiprusoff.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 5h
More dialogue between Leafs and Flames re: Kiprusoff trade this wknd. Not close, but more discussion will take place in next 3 days. #TSN

Quick

Banned
They won't make that move.

Leafs want something long term if they're looking for a goalie. Kipper's commitments after this season are questionable, so I don't think Nonis wants to risk it. Unless Kipper's willing to re-sign, I don't think the Leafs will give much in return if Nonis really wants a goalie right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs want something long term if they're looking for a goalie. Kipper's commitments after this season are questionable, so I don't think Nonis wants to risk it. Unless Kipper's willing to re-sign, I don't think the Leafs will give much in return if Nonis really wants a goalie right now.

To me it's why even make the deal? We have an actual chance to see Reimer in the playoffs and really see if this is the guy we want going forward or if we do need an improvement.

I for one am happy with a Reimer/Scrivens pairing going forward. I can only see them getting better.

I'm ok with the Clowe trade if it happens since I already feel the Sharks have already thrown in the towel this season despite being in the Top 8 in the West right now. The Sharks will miss his chirpy-ness though :\

But what if he was traded to Vancouver?

Has a player ever been traded on the day their old team was playing their new team? Keep your equipment on, throw on the other team's jersey and go play.

Canucks bought the Peoria Rivermen from the Blues. Hopefully they can move them to Abbotsford.

Cats beat writer tweeted there have been a lot of BJ scouts at Panther games. Also BJ's new GM is the brother of the Cat's head Euro scout.

Blue Jackets want to part with a 1st? They can take Goc for that.

Jayhawk

Ugh, no Leafs game until Thursday. Until then, I can sulk about how my fantasy team's chances are pretty much done with Crosby, Kovalchuk, Sharp, Kesler, and Mike Smith clogging up my bench and IR.

Well, we're fighting for the bottom seed. Quite sure I called this earlier in the season :p

I want us to be buyers and sellers at the deadline. I'm willing to part with Umberger, Brassard, Tyutin, and a first rounder. In return I want first line forward talent. Nothing less in return. (No, I'm not GM Scott Howson.)

I hope we battle this out and get into the playoffs. From worst to playoff team in a season would be a great story. We still have to give credit to Howson for fleecing Philly for Bob, winning the Nash trade, and putting a solid foundation for the new regime to build on.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
#Oilers have agreed to terms with defenceman Ladislav Smid on a 4-year contract extension ($3.5 AAV)

If Edmonton actually had some decent defenceman, they wouldn't have to overpay for medocre players like Smid.

Not sure why Tambellini still has a job..

What the hell has he done to deserve 3.5?

We should know. We're then experts in overpaying for D.

What? Smid for 4 years * $3.5M is a fantastic contract.
He would've gotten $4M+ on the open market this summer easy; he took a hometown discount (his wife is from Edmonton and he likes it there).

Smid:
- #3 in hits in the NHL
- #3 in blocked shots in the NHL
- Averages over 20 minutes of icetime
- doesn't break his teammates' faces like Brooks Orpik does

He would've been the youngest (27 years old) top-4 dman available if he hit the market this summer; he would've been paid.

Great job Tambellini (wtf).

I don't see why people are crying reboot over the flyers. They just need a solid goalie and to shore up their defense.

Beyond the top 4-5 slots the east is pretty much at parity anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom