• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC

Banned
Don't talk to me like that.

UxB8r7b.gif

Magni

Can you add me to the Canucks allegiance list Marvie? I'm a Seattle expat in France, so most games are between 4 and 7am for me, but since I'm bored this semester I'll be staying up a lot and consequently posting here more frequently than my previous drive-bys during the playoffs.

Didn't get to see either game this weekend while seeing family... figures they pull this shit. Someone's got it in their heads they can make the playoffs. This will not end well.

On Clowe: No, no, no, no, no............ no.

M...maybe this is a cunning plan.

We've somehow arrived at a point where we're 2 points from playoff contention.

Acquire Clowe at the expense of nonexistent defense. Continue the tank.

What will actually happen: Make playoffs, face Pens, lose to Pens, lose lottery chance, lose all the things.

Cactus

Banned
#Oilers have agreed to terms with defenceman Ladislav Smid on a 4-year contract extension ($3.5 AAV)
If Edmonton actually had some decent defenceman, they wouldn't have to overpay for medocre players like Smid.

Not sure why Tambellini still has a job..

Merguson

Banned
According to Renaud Lavoie, Bruins and Habs no longer at the top of the list for Ryane Clowe as of right now.

Getting more likely he gets moved today.

Montresor

Colorado is in 2nd last place and Calgary is in 3rd last place. Imagine if Colorado had not matched the O'Reilly offer, haha. I saw a tweet that mentioned this. Colorado could have had two of Jones, Drouin, and Mackinnon in the upcoming draft.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Colorado is in 2nd last place and Calgary is in 3rd last place. Imagine if Colorado had not matched the O'Reilly offer, haha. I saw a tweet that mentioned this. Colorado could have had two of Jones, Drouin, and Mackinnon in the upcoming draft.
With the way they were playing why the fuck didn't the Avs do it...and they still ended up trading Iggy. They were already thinking tank battle

Cake Boss

Banned
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2m
If the Flyers are going to make a deal for Ryane Clowe with San Jose the asking price is likely Sean Couturier in return.

Garrioch pls.

The sad thing is I could really see that happen with Holmgren.

Edit:

oh shit it apprears the Flyers beat writer is saying the same thing as well.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 4m
Couple sources confirm Flyers in on ryan clowe. Steep price. Couturier? @sbaickerCSN working on this

Cake Boss

Banned
If Couturier is involved in a trade, there has to be more players involved or more coming back, like SJ sending a Dman back like Boyle, or Demers.

Blues apparently still fumbling around for another LD. I guess they would move Cole+? Who the fuck knows anymore.

Fans are going to eat Brian Elliott alive if he chokes again. I can only imagine they're trying to prove he can still play in the NHL so they can move him in the summer. This is going to be an awful month.

Fans are going to eat Brian Elliott alive if he chokes again. I can only imagine they're trying to prove he can still play in the NHL so they can move him in the summer. This is going to be an awful month.

Heh I know that feeling.

Cole is a 1st round pick, is he a bust or something ?

Garrioch pls.

The sad thing is I could really see that happen with Holmgren.

Edit:

oh shit it apprears the Flyers beat writer is saying the same thing as well.

LOL, we wont trade Couts for Weber but we will now. I dont think that will really happen. Flyers need to trade for D or a goalie, hopefully both.

Quick

Banned
Neither we got Reim Time.

Good Guy Reimer.

On a possible trade: "You know how it is. Goalies get traded all the time, even the ones who just got a shutout against a division rival. It happens, you know? I'd be happy to have a setback on my career, it's not a big deal at all."

On pedophiles: "You know, I'm sure they just really love children. Probably even more than their parents do. I say what's the big deal, you know?"

On cancer: "You know, cancer is one of those things that just happen, you know. Just gotta keep on trudging, hopefully it goes away. Maybe if you ask nicely, it will. But there you go, you know?"

On the Kardashians: "You know, I'm sure they're all very nice people, you know? I'm sure they're all just misunderstood people, you know?"

Cake Boss

Banned
arren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 9m
Jamie McBain's name has surfaced in trade market. Carolina sounds open to options on return. 25 year old will attract offer

why?

Yes after giving Semen that huge contract that he doesnt deserve, lets trade one of our more promising young Dmen when we are in need for more D.

Add Burns. RT @BroadStBull: CONFIRMED: #Flyers are having exploratory talks for Jagr, Clowe and Bouwmeester.

FLYERS ARE GOING FOR IT.

FLYERS ARE GOING FOR IT.

Letting Jagr go was a huge mistake. Him and G had so much chemistry last year. I wanted them to get Bouwmeester last year, so I would be happy with that. The fact that the teams at the bottom of the east are collapsing is giving the Flyers false hope. Even if they do sneak in, they are not a team built for winning a cup. They need to drastically overhaul things. Getting in as the 8th seed and getting crushed by the Bruins, or losing a close series to the Pens, isnt going to help them going forward.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good Guy Reimer.

On a possible trade: "You know how it is. Goalies get traded all the time, even the ones who just got a shutout against a division rival. It happens, you know? I'd be happy to have a setback on my career, it's not a big deal at all."

On pedophiles: "You know, I'm sure they just really love children. Probably even more than their parents do. I say what's the big deal, you know?"

On cancer: "You know, cancer is one of those things that just happen, you know. Just gotta keep on trudging, hopefully it goes away. Maybe if you ask nicely, it will. But there you go, you know?"

On the Kardashians: "You know, I'm sure they're all very nice people, you know? I'm sure they're all just misunderstood people, you know?"

I hope he becomes without a shadow of a doubt the #1 here for years to come. He has the demeanor to handle the Toronto media. Heck even Scrivens too, he handles them well.

As long as Feschuk doesn't run off to ask his mom about his medical status.

Quick

Banned
I hope he becomes without a shadow of a doubt the #1 here for years to come. He has the demeanor to handle the Toronto media. Heck even Scrivens too, he handles them well.

As long as Feschuk doesn't run off to ask his mom about his medical status.

Yeah, I really like both of them. Reimer's the nice guy that's really hard to hate, and Scrivens is the smartass who really thinks about what he says.

Why? They made him the captain and will give him a huge contract, plus outside of this year they are usually competitive and the fans absolutely love him.

The Flyers usually bounce back pretty well (relatively) after shitty years, I find. Not saying you shouldn't hit the panic button, but they're still built with a solid core of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom