• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

I can't wait for Shanahan's 'no supplementary discipline' statement.

medium_puck_daddy_chats_with_brendan_shanahan_about_making_suspension_videos_colin_campbell_criti.jpg

We are willing to accept Del Zotto's assertion that he jumped to brace himself for an unintended collision.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for Shanahan's 'no supplementary discipline' statement.

I honestly can't tell if he was trying to hip check him and Neal was too quick and ended up smashing into his elbow as he went past or if DZ was deliberately trying to throw the elbow out to catch him as he passed by. Could see that really going either way. If it is a suspension, it's a low number. One or two games tops.

I honestly can't tell if he was trying to hip check him and Neal was too quick and ended up smashing into his elbow as he went past or if DZ was deliberately trying to throw the elbow out to catch him as he passed by. Could see that really going either way. If it is a suspension, it's a low number. One or two games tops.

Considering there was no penalty, I'm pretty positive it'll be overlooked.

It was a deliberate elbow.

You guys never threw a shot like that before? I earned my first red card in soccer doing one of those.

Ya, the more I watch it, the less I can see how it's accidental. He looks over his shoulder so he obviously saw Neal there and then the next thing he does is stick out his elbow. He was clearly intending to elbow him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ya, the more I watch it, the less I can see how it's accidental. He looks over his shoulder so he obviously saw Neal there and then the next thing he does is stick out his elbow. He was clearly intending to elbow him.

The first time I saw it I thought it was completely accidental, then I saw the reverse angle and you can see he definitely sees Neal and lines him up for the hit, so there's no way it was an accidental collision.

The only thing I really don't know is whether he was trying to line him up for a hip check and just flared his arms back and missed Neal with the intended hit and caught him with the elbow instead or if the elbow itself was what he was trying to hit him with in the first place. I'm leaning more towards thinking that the elbow was out there "just in case" he missed with the body, which would make it intentional.

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes without any discipline. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a suspension.

ZeroGravity

If Tampa wins both their games this weekend, and Washington and Winnipeg lose tomorrow night, the Lightning will be in first place.

Southeast lol

Chris R

We've had our chances to put this away, shootout loss it is I guess :|

edit: or we can just blow it and lose in Overtime instead :| Decent second half of the game from our side, no way we should have let it get to OT though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Man I love Pavel Datsyuk and Zetterberg playing together. Bout fucking time Babcock let them just play for a whole game. Big 2 pts for Detroit now they have to do it again on Sunday.

DATSYUK!!!!

I have no words, apparently they saved all of their energy for OT, now why can't we always play like that, I mean seriously they were all over the ice!! That's the team I know, not the team that showed up for the first 3 periods!!

Not been watching, how does Dekeyser look?

Good, some minor rookie errors, but you can see he has a ton of potential to be a shutdown D, overall I thought his defensive play easily surpassed Smith's (and probably most of our other D as well sadly). He got better as the game went on, also Anderson and Nyquist looked really good, Nyquist is following Tatar's path of looking really good the more games he is playing. Both should be up with the big club next year easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom