• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Looks to me like he's already extending and going high before the contact.

I haven't seen the Backes kerfuffle yet.

CaptureBordie.png

He came up out of a stop, but his skates were still on the ice when he made the hit.

Hunter S.

Whether you think he jumped or not, (I think not) with McCleod injured Bordeleuau has to step up as the Avs chief enforcer. He is just going to play like a brute because that is his job. That is how he makes his green bucks. No apologies from him.

Found the video of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYMetw0zRo

Backes initiates and is an idiot, but it's not the crime against humanity it was made out to be.

The Blues should worry more about scoring than being tough though. Without Steen and Frank, they are exposed.

When it happened Mac went to the locker room after which colored my reaction to the situation quite a bit. Then came the Backes defense league to seal the deal. I'm just glad he seems to be fine.
I thought we were done?

Sorry, things get chippy when you continue to say stupid shit.

When it happened Mac went to the locker room after which colored my reaction to the situation quite a bit. Then came the Backes defense league to seal the deal. I'm just glad he seems to be fine.

Was the Backes situation necessary? No, but that kind of thing rarely is.

Was Bordeleau's hit the dirtiest hit in NHL history? No, but I've been around long enough to know when your teammate is bloodied it turns up the chippy shit on both sides.

What's funny is the stratosphere levels of hyperbole anytime Backes is involved in anything. Bordeleau? Oh no that's his role, that's what he's paid for.

It isn't like MacKinnon is wearing a no contact jersey out there.

Was the Backes situation necessary? No, but that kind of thing rarely is.

Was Bordeleau's hit the dirtiest hit in NHL history? No, but I've been around long enough to know when your teammate is bloodied it turns up the chippy shit on both sides.

What's funny is the stratosphere levels of hyperbole anytime Backes is involved in anything. Bordeleau? Oh no that's his role, that's what he's paid for.

It isn't like MacKinnon is wearing a no contact jersey out there.

You'll form your narrative however you want, if you follow this thread at all you'll know what I think of Bordeleau. He's an idiot 99% of the time, that hit was fine. It's not like MacKinnon is a fair fight against Backes anyway. He clearly didn't want to fight, had no reason to fight, Backes instead slams him down and punches him while defenseless on the ice. That's some bitch shit.

Holiday

Banned
Every game is going to be rough until Steen is back. Probably Tarasenko as well for that matter.

I'm just so sick of Ott and Morrow. They're such a black hole of decrepit suck. I really wish the Blues hadn't taken/got stuck with Ott in that deal, he's the last thing they need.

I think losing Frank was a bigger blow than people realized. I hope they just keep Steen out until the playoffs or the last couple of games if they blow the division lead, which they may do.

I'm just so sick of Ott and Morrow. They're such a black hole of decrepit suck. I really wish the Blues hadn't taken/got stuck with Ott in that deal, he's the last thing they need.

I think losing Frank was a bigger blow than people realized. I hope they just keep Steen out until the playoffs or the last couple of games if they blow the division lead, which they may do.

We paid more for Ott than just about any other forward went for at the deadline.

I think Miller would want to re-sign in St. Louis, he really wants to go to a California team, right? I don't see how that could happen though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreger or McKenzie has said there's a great chance Miller will want to resign for only 3-4 years, something like that. Apparently he has plans outside of hockey, and he doesn't want to stay involved for much longer.

devils are gonna sneak into the playoffs and make it to the 2nd round.. mark it down boys. leafs are going to miss the playoffs due to paying clarktard a 2nd liners salary.

Solo

B-day party tonight, so no Habs/Wings for me. Ill be following on my phone, hoping to see Patches hit 40.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think Beaulieu is playing now? Hopefully, he should have been here after the Olympics ended.

Top Bottom