• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm going to need a new avatar for the playoffs, which player to choose though....

Eating ovaltine powder straight from the container is such an underrated experience
I used to do that as a kid when I couldn't find anything sweet to eat around the house.

Cake Boss

Banned
Can you shut the fuck up? I've already gone well beyond what is necessary to prove I'm not an old troll's alt and I still get the same "lol Forza" bullshit. It ends. Now.

iKZHxUGd0jPs2.gif

Good one Forza.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm not the only one? I've literally played 2 maps since I've installed it on launch day. I just have no drive to actually play it for some reason.

I played the Beta more than I played the actual game, and I'm not sure why. I guess I only really play one game at a time for whatever reason and Super Mario 3D World is taking up all of my playing time right now.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sooo... I guess Alfie did choose right, sorry cakeboss and Sens Gaf, there is always room on the Alfie bandwagon for you. :(

Edit: Mrazek top goalie in the AHL? Dat youth!!!

Never!

My salt for Traitersson is eternal. And his other option was the Bruins so in my head he still chose wrong ;)

kingslunk

I don't have to root for a team in the post season, do I?

How about this, go anyone who isn't Chicago, Boston or LA.

Root for Phoenix to lose tonight and then root for the Stars to clinch against the blues and root for the stars for the rest of the playoffs.

Red_Man

Root for Phoenix to lose tonight and then root for the Stars to clinch against the blues and root for the stars for the rest of the playoffs.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you're not involved in sales as your everyday profession

2014 PACIFIC DIVISION CHAMPIONS: POST-LOCKOUT FULL SEASON EDITION

It's very good for them to be the best team in the hardest division in the NHL. Happy day. And great to prove that last season wasn't a fluke.

Rooting for the Sharks to beat the shit out of the Queens.

If we land Dallas, I'm worried.

Hi-5 and hugs, Duckvengers.

The wife's labor started shortly before the game so I definitely don't think I'm forgetting that win :)

Huge congrats! Hope all went well.

Red_Man

Dater decided to go on TSN Montreal right now for some odd reason, sounds like such a clown.

Another season another late season fade for the Stars to 9th place. Too bad we can't blame it on Joe New In Dike. Good thing I work overnight so I don't have to witness it again....

Red_Man

Dater the Canadian media needs you. You can leave anytime, it is encouraged.
He legitimately sounded drunk or high on something, no idea why he agreed to do it.

Montreal host :"Do you like the Habs chances in the first round?"
Dater: "Well...not if Budaj is starting"
Montreal host : ".........well we know he's not"

ShaneB

I don't have to root for a team in the post season, do I?

How about this, go anyone who isn't Chicago, Boston or LA.

There are a few underdogs to cheer for! No Caps make me sad and my hope was always foolish, so out of the east I'll be watching the Habs games, and seeing the Blue Jackets go on a run would be fun to watch maybe since they've never done anything. The West is always a little more tricky, seeing the Blackhawks win makes my Dad happy, so that's ok, other then that... ehhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm going to need a new avatar for the playoffs, which player to choose though....

Yeah, I think I'll do my usual routine and switch it up to a playoff avatar shortly too when it starts.

So my new stick I ordered yesterday from Canada with 2-5 day shipping is set to arrive today. Nice!!! Never had anything shipped through DHL or prostockhockeygear.com but dang is that fast stuff.

He legitimately sounded drunk or high on something, no idea why he agreed to do it.

Montreal host :"Do you like the Habs chances in the first round?"
Dater: "Well...not if Budaj is starting"
Montreal host : ".........well we know he's not"

So here's some perspective

Dater is the second best sports writer at the Denver Post.

Delryk

Hmm.. Steve Dangle to talk about other series in playoffs.. wonder what he'll do since he always shits/cries/yells over how Leafs management suck ass. :)

Red_Man

#Habs Only Ovechkin (23) and Stamkos (22) have more multi-goal games than Pacioretty (19) over the past 3 seasons

ibyouFxvs3JzGi.gif

I still remember the days when McGuire said he would be nothing more than a 3rd liner.

calder

Is Dater auditioning for a gig on a TSN or Sportsnet panel?

Because if so going on the radio in Montreal and saying batshit crazy and painfully stupid stuff is absolutely the way to go about it. Just reading about his insane mumblings on twitter proves he'd fit right in on any NHL panel.

Is Dater auditioning for a gig on a TSN or Sportsnet panel?

Because if so going on the radio in Montreal and saying batshit crazy and painfully stupid stuff is absolutely the way to go about it. Just reading about his insane mumblings on twitter proves he'd fit right in on any NHL panel.

One can only hope, because I see TSN very rarely.

Red_Man

I'll post the link to it if they put it up, the Montreal host was trying to be as polite as possible while ripping him.

"You said the Montreal Canadiens can't hold onto leads, but that isn't true, they have the 4th most regulation wins in the East"

Dater: "Well they didn't hold onto it last night and that's the game I was watching"

Not enough face palms for this guy.

Also said he didn't like Price because he hasn't won a cup yet. He's like an Hfboards poster put on the radio.

Samyy

Hmm.. Steve Dangle to talk about other series in playoffs.. wonder what he'll do since he always shits/cries/yells over how Leafs management suck ass. :)

The fact that hr has to talk about another playoff series means he's not wrong bud :)

Red_Man

Montreal radio guy said that he's heard A.Gally will likely miss the 1st round. That sucks, hopefully Prust, Eller, Moen are all 100% to go.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Optional skate this morning. Barely anyone out there but Chris Kreider is skating, and wearing both gloves today, so that's a decent sign.

McDonagh is out tonight for sure but is considered 50/50 for Saturday against Montreal. Decision will be made after Saturday's morning skate.

50/50 whether Talbot or Lundqvist plays against Montreal on Saturday. Probably depends on what happens tonight. I believe that if the Rangers win tonight in regulation or overtime and the Flyers lose in regulation then the Rangers would clinch the 2 seed in the Metro division, in which case I would expect to see Talbot for the final game of the season.

Samyy

Peter Granberg got called up to the Leafs, actually looking forward to the remaining games now. RANDY PLS PLAY HIM!

I bet Detroit will do well in the playoffs.
Or I think it's called the Gameoffs.

Depends, team hasn't really played great lately, just been lucky and getting bounces (which we couldn't seem to buy earlier this year).

And Heretic will forever be beta.

So both West teams that moved East made the playoffs... /westisbest

pringles

Depends, team hasn't really played great lately, just been lucky and getting bounces (which we couldn't seem to buy earlier this year).

And Heretic will forever be beta.

So both West teams that moved East made the playoffs... /westisbest
They played great last night though, Fleury stole that game (or Monster lost it). I hope we can hold on to the 1st WC, against Boston I think we'd need at least one of Ericsson/Z back, maybe both to have a chance.

Babcock seemed very relieved in the postgame. Most open I've heard him be about our shit luck injury wise and how much better the kids are than the washed up vets playing at the start of the year.

Top Bottom