• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Curufinwe

It's going to be Holmgren.

No way. Thanks to Pronger the Flyers don't have the cap room to offer Subban enough money that Montreal would flinch.

Montreal should fire Therrien (unless they in the Cup) and give Subban the 8 years $60-something million he deserves.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would seriously be fine with Sakic offer sheeting Subban. We can afford to give up the picks.
A part of me wants someone to do it, because Bergevin would have to sign it and it would make this easier then management dragging it out for months and making it worse.

So rumour has it that Torts will be fired when the season's over. Apparently there's a clause in his and Gillis' contracts that the buyout is lower if they're let go for performance reasons.

Also ownership is interested in the Bruins' assistant GM Jim Benning. This would probably bring the whole "let's turn into Boston" narrative to a head.

If Gillis' last stand is to be believed, ownership let him do what he want until they lost the Cup final. After that, it was about getting tougher and bigger. That's why Hodgson was traded and Torts was brought in. Could explain why AV neutered his offence in his final years.

It will be an interesting offseason. Will the meddling owners continue to meddle? Torts has a system the owners want but the results speak for themselves. One of the core or the coach has to change.

RE: Weber

One of the best D-men in the league, top 3 at least in my opinion. But Nashville's position is weakened because they are not a big budget team, and the fact that you don't want to pay him the money is the only reason you're moving him.

ShaneB

I sure remember what I said yesterday about long contracts. Weber's is plenty insane too.

It's what I love about the NFL and free agency, release any player and be rid of any foolishness.

Merguson

Banned
Gordie Howe (“Howe”) is one of the greatest NHL players ever. Howe played in the NHL from 1946 until 1980. Howe’s accolades may never be surpassed, even by fellow NHL Hall of Fame inductees. However, Howe was nicknamed “blinky” due to the lasting effects of head trauma he suffered during a game. In 2009, Howe died from the neurogenerative disease known as “Pick’s disease.”

The NHL got hit with a new lawsuit. This is in the claim.

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4hYOrjFUhfiVmV5czlqdHIyd1U if anyone wants to read it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Weber is someone I'd be completely OK in trading Spezza for. Only question is, would you be willing to give up the 2015 1st round pick to seal the deal?

Yes, I would be willing to, especially because I don't think there's a chance in hell that Bettman will allow a Canadian team to get McDavid.

edit: actually there's some other good players in that draft so.... eh, I dunno :p

I'd have to think about that one

zroid

Banned
Right, well, I know what I'm buying next for my 3DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU

iMes5kkNnjZ13.gif

Morin leads the Blackhawks in a few Corsi areas and has been on fire lately going into the playoffs and has been playing an excellent two-way game.

Q will probably sit him for Regin. And I will cry.

The NHL got hit with a new lawsuit. This is in the claim.

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4hYOrjFUhfiVmV5czlqdHIyd1U if anyone wants to read it.

I've only glanced through this, but I don't see the 'smoking gun' evidence that the ex-NFL players were able to present in their 'successful' class action suit.

That said, I hope the NHL gets its collective head out of its ass and introduces harsher suspensions for hits on defenseless players and gets rid of the hard-plastic shoulder & elbow pads.

Samyy

God fucking dammit Leafs
Can't even fucking call someone up properly

FLEW A PROMISING PROSPECT AND HIS EQUIPMENT OUT BEFORE REALIZING YOU HAVE NO MONEY TO CALL HIM UP BECAUSE YOU SPENT IT ALL ON A 3RD LINE SCRUB

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leafs come off as a parody at this point, although I'm not sure what that would make Edmonton....

Holiday

Banned
Backes out three games at least with foot injury. Blues being very quiet about it other than that. Doesn't look good.

Apparently he's wearing a boot too. His foot is broke as a joke I bet. Not that it matters, we wouldn't win another game even if he were healthy.

Top Bottom