• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

CCGP17fW0AIr13X.png:large

Hunter and Oates years D:

Yawnier

Banned
Luca Sbisa:

Irfaan Gaffar ‏@sportsnetirf

Sbisa contract - $10.8 million. Year one 3.2, year two 3.6, year three 4.

zroid

Banned
The Pacific is not good this year, but the Ducks have done what they need to do in the conference to be considered A Good Team.

It may surprise you to learn that I also think the Ducks are a good team :)

i also think they're fun to watch and generally a pretty likable bunch with some great young talent, so I hope they get far. I love Perry and Getzlaf.

i just don't like their chances in the playoffs against any of the playoff teams in the Central, for various reasons. nothing personal!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rinat Valiev has been assigned to the #Marlies from Kootenay of the WHL.

Get hype y'all!

...or don't, really it's your choice.

ShaneB

CCGP17fW0AIr13X.png:large

Hunter and Oates years D:

No idea what it all means, but just a sad reminder of how much I wanted Oates to succeed as a coach after being one of my favourite players ever. Liked Dale Hunter too during his playing years, but just couldn't coach at the NHL level.

No idea what it all means, but just a sad reminder of how much I wanted Oates to succeed as a coach after being one of my favourite players ever. Liked Dale Hunter too during his playing years, but just couldn't coach at the NHL level.

They might have success down the road, but I'm just glad we finally hired a coach with some head coaching experience at this level.

Hanlon (rookie)
Boudreau (rookie)
Hunter (rookie)
Oates (rookie)
Trotz (15 year NHL head coach)

ShaneB

Really Rangers?

Meh, it's just a t-shirt. On a bigger scale, I think it's silly when teams put banners up for winning a division. It's meaningless!!! I hate seeing all those Caps banners for division wins, just pointless reminders.

They might have success down the road, but I'm just glad we finally hired a coach with some head coaching experience at this level.

Hanlon (rookie)
Boudreau (rookie)
Hunter (rookie)
Oates (rookie)
Trotz (15 year NHL head coach)

Oh not denying that, I loved the Trotz hire from day 1, I just wanted Oates to have success with the Caps as a coach too when he was hired =(

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Meh, it's just a t-shirt. On a bigger scale, I think it's silly when teams put banners up for winning a division. It's meaningless!!! I hate seeing all those Caps banners for division wins, just pointless reminders.

I dunno, it seems like the ultimate jinx to me. I would hate it if the Sens did that, and I don't think they did when they won the trophy in 03(not that it made a difference, stupid Devils).

zroid

Banned
Apparently that ECHL team in Vegas had average attendance of 5500? Heard on TSN radio. That seems... pretty good for an ECHL team, doesn't it?

Sbisa has had his ups and downs this year but he has been one of the healthier defencemen this year. Perhaps he needs a better partner than Bieksa and perhaps he has some upside as he's only 25. 3 years should be enough to see what he's made of, though the AAV is a bit high.

Dorsett's is a little more baffling. $2.65 AAV for 4 years is pretty long and expensive for a third-liner at best. Sure he brings leadership and toughness, and his playoff resume isn't bad (I think he was pretty good for the Rangers last year), but that's money they could've spent on Matthias. With Virtanen, Shinkaruk, etc. coming up, is there really room for him?

I think this means Richardson and Matthias are out, as they make way for younger prospects to try to make the team. I doubt they could re-sign Matthias for Dorsett money after scoring 18 goals.

zroid

Banned
The idea of a failed tanking attempt entertains me so much. Please Leafs, do it for the honor!

Pikma pls. The tank is already a success. In all likelihood they're getting a top 5 pick even if they win out, which is really all that we want. :V

Finishing in 27th just guarantees the top 5 pick, instead of being a 63% chance.

Pikma

Banned
Pikma pls. The tank is already a success. In all likelihood they're getting a top 5 pick even if they win out, which is really all that we want. :V

Finishing in 27th just guarantees the top 5 pick, instead of being a 63% chance.
Guaranteed =/= 63% chance

But nah I'm just kidding, it won't even happen anyway, not with how the BJs have been playing
Plus the Canes will play against the Flyers tomorrow, and the Flyers haven't beaten a non-playoff team since like 1997.

Foggy

Guaranteed =/= 63% chance

But nah I'm just kidding, it won't even happen anyway, not with how the BJs have been playing
Plus the Canes will play against the Flyers tomorrow, and the Flyers haven't beaten a non-playoff team since like 1997.

Jackets are gonna win one for the gipper

Clarkson

So... I need help with something GAF

My Computer isn't reading my SD cards for my 3DS and i don't know what's wrong it keeps saying please insert disk and i'm like.. but this is.. a usb SD reader...

what do?

Pikma

Banned
So... I need help with something GAF

My Computer isn't reading my SD cards for my 3DS and i don't know what's wrong it keeps saying please insert disk and i'm like.. but this is.. a usb SD reader...

what do?
Try with another reader? Are you using an actual SD card or one of those Mini SD cards inside an adapter?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Is our d-men depth so bad that resigning sbiza was out best option? :/

Dorsett is a Lil much too Imo. Would have taken Mathias over him.

Top Bottom