• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Clydefrog

KINGS MISSED THE PLAYOFFS!!!

BkOQLEp.gif

SuTwaeX.gif

VTuerFH.gif

GLv6D0D.gif

Syrinx

You know, for a while I forgot we were back to 7 Canadian teams and thought to myself, "wow, five of the six Canadian teams could make the playoffs". I then had a hearty laugh about Toronto being the only one to miss, while completely forgetting Edmonton existed.

it's okay, you can laugh at Edmonton too.

So...idk what to do with myself. I guess I'll just have to start trying golf?

Did Winnipeg start the "who's your captain" chant against San jose? If that's true...go Winnipeg? That's masterful trolling.

Pikma

Banned
You know, for a while I forgot we were back to 7 Canadian teams and thought to myself, "wow, five of the six Canadian teams could make the playoffs". I then had a hearty laugh about Toronto being the only one to miss, while completely forgetting Edmonton existed.
I don't blame you though

Steve Dangle Glynn ‏@Steve_Dangle 8m8 minutes ago

I'm not sure how he pulled it off so fast but Dean Lombardi has already lit a bag of dog poop on fire on Slava Voynov's front stoop.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
hopefully we can face them in the playoffs I guess
Eh, it's hard to put a lot of value on regular season match ups when discussing the playoffs. So much is happening in the regular season, compared to the playoffs when you have so much time to focus on one team.

Quick

Banned

#MakeItSixAgain

#BringBackTheThrashers

#OrMoveThemToSeattle

#SeattleIsProbablyTheBetterOption

Erdrick

So...idk what to do with myself. I guess I'll just have to start trying golf?

Did Winnipeg start the "who's your captain" chant against San jose? If that's true...go Winnipeg? That's masterful trolling.

Yes, and I was part of that. =)

Is there a playoff thread yet?

Quick

Banned
I might bow out on making a playoff thread (at least OT, maybe OT2 or the Cup Finals).

The Age of Ultron OT was a doozy.

calder

Oh man, there's a good chance it'll be Habs vs Sens too right? Fucking hell the first round may end with EviLore banning us all and deleting all the current and locked NHL threads.

BISH QUICK MOD ME NOW BEFORE THE SALT STARTS AND YOU CANT BE TRUSTED WITH SOLE CONTROL. You know what they say about absolute power: it leads to one sided troll bans in sports threads.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is shaping up to be the best playoff thread since I've started posting. So many potential great match ups.

calder

Holy shit Gary fucking lawless just did a long poem on Sportscenter about the Jets. Like an actual epic poem about the playoffs. What. The. Hell.

Acid08

Banned
Bettman really did his best to play up the Kings/Sharks rivalry and now both teams are missing the playoffs lol

#RegularSeasonDoesn'tMatter

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey, we have as many Canadian teams in the playoffs as Toronto had to beat to win the cup last time

This has got to be the most hype night of regular season hockey ever for me. Price gets franchise best record, Leafs get guaranteed top five, Sens control their destiny a bit more now, LA is out, Big Buff and the Jets are in. NHL-GAF helped me appreciate this game a lot more this season :')

This has got to be the most hype night of regular season hockey ever for me. Price gets franchise best record, Leafs get guaranteed top five, Sens control their destiny a bit more now, LA is out, Big Buff and the Jets are in. NHL-GAF helped me appreciate this game a lot more this season :')

You forgot to mention that the Flames are in despite initially expected to not even be in the chase.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey - Super Series edition: Game 1

Alright so this is what we've all been playing for; the Super Series! After 10 weeks of learning how to play, followed by 7 weeks of games we now have entered the last lap of the beginner program.

The Super Series is a round robin tournament for all the beginner teams to square off in to determine who really is the best. How they set it up was they took the top two teams from my division in Brampton (my team the Sabres, and the second place Flyers) and the top two teams in the Toronto division (The Predators and the Cardinals) and have us place each other in 3 games. The Two teams with the best record by the end of the 3 games will play for the Super Series title.

The tournament is taking place over this weekend with tonight being the first game, Saturday night being game 2 and then Sunday late morning being game 3. After that the finals would be on Sunday afternoon.

We kicked off game 1 tonight going against the best team in both divisions. The undefeated Predators. I can say thankfully before the game nobody seemed nervous on our side, everyone was relaxed. We had been waiting for this all year, we were ready to try to claim the crown and it would kick off tonight.

We came out with strong pressure, our line changes were fantastic, nobody went too long and the forwards were forechecking wonderfully while the defense wasn't letting a thing get past them. Midway through the first we finally got on the board when our ace sniper scored his 10th goal of the year from just inside the faceoff dot.

We soon followed that up with another goal to end the period as I stole the puck away did a little dump and chase and managed to get the puck across the crease to my centreman who buried it five hole on their goalie. The score was 2-0 and we were dominating.

If Zroid was there he would have popped an advanced stats boner with the amount of possession we had.

Early in the third I had a fantastic chance to put us up 3-0 but was stymied by the goalie. It was my bread and butter play, park my fat ass in front of the net and pounce on the puck once my teammates threw it out front from behind the net. I always try to go top corner on the blocker side and this time the goalie managed to just get his shoulder on it to stop it from going in. It didn't matter in the end as our sniper scored his 11th goal of the season 5 minutes later. From there we just coasted for the last 7 minutes and came away with a 3-0 victory giving the Predators their first loss of the season.

Next game we take on the second place team from Toronto the Cardinals. I won't get ahead of myself but I feel good that if we continue to play our game we have a really good chance at winning this Super Series.

Kave stats for the year so far:

8GP - 2G - 6ASTs

It's nerdy to say I'm sure but man I never knew I'd love to play this game so much even though I'm so shitty. At least 2 more games to go, hopefully 3 and then I can finally put an end to these updates for you guys. :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
can't wait to see a REAL white out

ps fuck off phoenix

Second opinion time:

I just got told to "Lighten the fuck up" because my friend enjoys Flash and I said I didn't like it and that it had nothing redeemable about it.

Literally, that's all I said.

And now that kind of enrages me internally.

Am I OK or should I sort out my emotions?

i would be internally angry too if i didn't like the flash

Second opinion time:

I just got told to "Lighten the fuck up" because my friend enjoys Flash and I said I didn't like it and that it had nothing redeemable about it.

Second opinion time:

Are we talking about the show or the video format that is nearly dead?

Top Bottom