• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Please win tonight, Oilers. I beg of you.

I need something good to happen in my life right now, because it's been a living nightmare otherwise.

Right, so clinching scenario's for the (second) final day of the regular season.

Shorks VS Yotes: A win for either team only affects their draft position.

Canucks VS Oilers: Nucks win could put them out of the bottom 3. Oilers win insures Toronto will finish last.

Kings VS Jets: Kings clinch pacific division with a win. Jets will finish outside of the bottom 5 with a win.

Stars VS Preds: Stars clinch Central division with a win. Preds win only affects draft position

Capitals VS Blues: Irrelevant for the Caps. Blues need a win/OT loss and the Stars need to lose in OT (provided Blues win) or regulation (either scenario) for the Blues to clinch central division.

Sabers VS Isles: Sabers win only affects draft position. Isles win helps them place (or insure depending on the Rangers do today) 3rd in the metropolitan.

Flames VS Wild: Flames could finish 25th or 27th depending on the result of their match along with the Jets and Canucks games. Irrelevant for the Wild.

Blackhawks VS Blue Jackets: A win for either team only affects their draft position.

Hurricanes VS Panthers: Irrelevant for the Canes. Panthers win/loss only affects their draft position.

Maple Tanks VS Devils: Leafs loss insures dead last. Devils win could affect their draft position.

Lighting VS Habs: Again, the outcome of the game only affects either teams draft position.

Ducks VS Avs: Ducks need at least a point to still have a chance to finish 1st in the pacific regardless of the result in the Kings game. Avs would only be affected by their draft position.

Pens VS. Flyers: Irrelevant for the Pens. See below for the Flyers.

Sens VS Burins: Sens are only affected by draft position. See below for Boston.

Rangers VS. Wings: Win gives them a shot at placing 3rd in the metropolitan. Losing essentially puts the Rangers in a wild card spot. See below for Red Wings.

And here are the clinching scenario's for Detroit:

Regulation/OT win: Will clinch playoff berth

Shootout win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Bruins lose to the Senators in any fashion
(2) Bruins defeat Senators in a shootout
(3) Flyers lose to Penguins in any fashion
* Cannot be eliminated with shootout win

OT/Shootout loss: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Bruins lose to Senators in any fashion
(2) Flyers lose to Penguins in regulation
* Cannot be eliminated with OT/shootout loss

Regulation loss: Will clinch playoff berth if:
(1) Bruins lose to Senators in regulation

Will be eliminated if all of the following occur:
(1) Bruins get at least one point against Senators
(2) Flyers defeat Penguins in any fashion

For the Burins:

Regulation/OT win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in any fashion
(2) Red Wings defeat Rangers in a shootout
(3) Flyers lose to Penguins in any fashion
* Cannot be eliminated with regulation/OT win

Shootout win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in any fashion
(2) Flyers lose to Penguins in any fashion
* Cannot be eliminated with shootout win

OT/Shootout loss: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in regulation
(2) Flyers lose to Penguins in regulation
* Cannot be eliminated with OT/shootout loss

Regulation loss: Cannot clinch playoff berth

Will be eliminated if:
(1) Flyers defeat Penguins in any fashion

And finally for the Flyers:

Philadelphia Flyers Saturday Playoff Scenario
Opponent: home vs. Pittsburgh

PHI Result Playoff Impact

Regulation/OT win: Will clinch playoff berth if any of the following occurs:
(1) Red Wings lose to Rangers in regulation
(2) Bruins lose to Senators in regulation
* Cannot be eliminated with regulation/OT win

Shootout win: Same as regulation/OT win

OT/Shootout loss: Cannot clinch playoff berth

Regulation loss: Cannot clinch playoff berth

Bear in mind that the Flyers have two games left to the Burins/Wings one so the NHL saying they could be eliminated tonight is (very likely) incorrect.

imBask

Banned
here's the scenario :

San Jose chokes
Caps chokes
Chicago wins the cup
Oilers pick first

put all of your money on that

Pikma

Banned
Why the hell is Megachao posting in the off-season thread? If we end up getting swept by the hawks/wild I'm gonna blame it all on you!!!!!

Marvie_3

Banned
Rangers are going to shit the bed today because im going to the game that could possibly end Detroit's playoff streak

I wasn't aware Dallas being swept was such an outlandish concept that it'd need outside influence in order for it to happen.
:lol

zroid

Banned
#HockeySavant2.0

4gyg8AZ.png

Cake Boss

Banned
Hmmmm worsen draft pick and knock the Bruins out of playoffs so we can steal their coach or lose the game and move a spot or two in the draft??

Descionsss. I am happy with either.

Cake Boss

Banned
I love the 21st century fad of nerds on the Internet claiming sport knowledge superiority over others based on advanced stats. It will never get old. Doesn't scream inferiority complex at all.

I love poor posters like you in this thread crapping up the thread with your limited knowledge of the sport. It brings entertainment. And let me guess you are not a nerd either?? MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE POSTING IN A VIDEO GAME MESSAGE BOARD!

Now please post a picture of empty bed sheets at a hotel your parents paid for and the hookers to sleep with, so you can prove to us you aren't a nerd too.

Pikma

Banned
I love poor posters like you in this thread crapping up the thread with your limited knowledge of the sport. It brings entertainment. And let me guess you are not a nerd either?? MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE POSTING IN A VIDEO GAME MESSAGE BOARD!

Now please post a picture of empty bed sheets at a hotel your parents paid for and the hookers to sleep with, so you can prove to us you aren't a nerd too.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

UberTag

Hmmmm worsen draft pick and knock the Bruins out of playoffs so we can steal their coach or lose the game and move a spot or two in the draft??

Descionsss. I am happy with either.
I could stand losing Julien after this season but I'll be damned if he winds up in Ottawa.
Screw that. Go Bs. Break out the clapping bear gifs for today's defacto playoff game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lindberg-Brassard-Miller
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
E.Staal-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Hrivik

Yandle-Klein
M.Staal-McIlrath
Skjei-Boyle

Raanta

Sure, that's a lineup.

I have a very good feeling either one of Boston or Detroit will lose in regulation today. What I'm not sure of is if Philly wins against Pittsburgh.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO Andersson coming in and scoring.

EDIT - Of course it's offside. Jesus christ. And it'll be called back.

Razorskin

----- ------
I love the 21st century fad of nerds on the Internet claiming sport knowledge superiority over others based on advanced stats. It will never get old. Doesn't scream inferiority complex at all.

Friend, this isn't about fancy stats, this about a garbage stat that you used to critique a player. If I'm not allowed to call you out on this then why the hell are we here?

Top Bottom