• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Marvie_3

Banned
I think he should. Flyers are not in the playoffs without him, simple as that.
This. Panarin had a great year but Kane going super saiyan carried him. Thats not to say Panarin isnt a good player, but he didnt have nearly the impact when he wasnt on the ice with Kane. Panarin deserves a nod as a finalist but I dont think he should win.

zroid

Banned
WmFQifX.png

LOL

Curufinwe

The playoffs under the 90s system of 1-8 with the two division winners as top seeds.

1 Was v 8 Det
2 Fla v 7 Phi
3 Pit v 6 TB
4 NYR v 5 NYI

1 Dal v 8 Min
2 Ana v 7 Nas
3 StL v 6 SJ
4 Chi v 5 LA

iLLmAtlc

ya panarin's numbers are inflated but 30G and 77pts in his rookie season is pretty insane. feel like it'd be pretty tough for voters to ignore those numbers.

Also the thing that could work against Panarin (which I think is stupid) is the fact that a lot of people apparently don't view him as a "true" rookie since he has played in the KHL

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ya panarin's numbers are inflated but 30G and 77pts in his rookie season is pretty insane. feel like it'd be pretty tough for voters to ignore those numbers.
His numbers are impressive, but I think it's stupid that a guy who is 24 with multiple years of professional league experience is a candidate for this award. He's not like a Ghostbear or McDavid.

iLLmAtlc

yeah i get where that criticism is coming from. for baseball nerds it always bothered me ichiro won 2001 rookie of the year when he tore up the japanese league. seems rather insulting to the latter. >_>

i dont think that criticism applies to the nhl as much tho because i believe the criteria is 'first year of competition in the league' which imo doesn't necessarily imply rookie.

but yeah it does seem unfair to the truly young guys. one easy to resolve this is to add an age limit too

Socreges

Banned
His numbers are impressive, but I think it's stupid that a guy who is 24 with multiple years of professional league experience is a candidate for this award. He's not like a Ghostbear or McDavid.
Sergei Makarov, dude.

I dont think age or pro exp should matter. Being carried by Kane should... but it's difficult to argue with 77 points.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
SJ / LA & STL / CHI should be really entertaining

Good thing the Ducks didn't fire BB...

That's the 8th career division title for Bruce Boudreau. He has never finished anywhere but 1st when coaching a team for a full season.

iLLmAtlc

some really good matchups in the west.

SJ vs LA
CHI vs STL

even ANH vs NSH because of the talent involved. so much star power on both sides

Marvie_3

Banned
No other pro league has the skill level of the NHL though. So yes its a pro league, but its not the same.

so who's making the playoff thread
And whos making the bracket dealie?

imBask

Banned
Caps are getting a free pass first round, it's perfect since it'll get their hopes up, the inevitable second round choke will hurt even more

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
For real though, I think that the Preds could give the Ducks a series if Forsberg/Neal/Smith continue to do well and there aren't any major injuries.

Won't be surprised if we get swept or go down in 5, though. Rinne's had a crappy season and Hutton...is Hutton.

Quick

Banned
I was waiting on the last games today to finalize my matchups section, but I'll get an OT out by tonight or tomorrow.

I'm watching Conan in Korea right now, lol

Did he make every OT this season?

I didn't do October 2015.

I'd say November and December were my peak creative times. April was a quick burst of it too.

Top Bottom