• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preds win!

sPLCX65.gif

hsKjedt.gif

I for one wish Marvie a great birthday

He completely turned us around on the power play. I was surprised that he didn't get the promotion to be honest.

I'm surprised too. Would have never thought Carlyle would come back. Looked it up, forgot we had the #1 power play and #1 penalty kill and #1 defense. What do all these stats mean? A 1st round exit. :(

Let's see how we do with our intimidating 17th ranked power play

iLLmAtlc

I think Pittsburgh will be a tough game still but the Jackets might be where the Leafs have a great chance to clinch. They'll get cbj on a b2b so it'll probably be the backup and the jackets have lost 5 straight. I could see torts resting some guys too.

On the flip side they might be desperate to right the ship if the losing streak goes to 6 and that could be trouble.

BTails

Flames tearing up the Kings, just kicking the poor team when it has nothing left. Gillies looking good in his NHL debut. Ducks look like goons (as always)... Despite the Leafs not clinching, it's been a good night!

dem

Looch with a huge hit, natural hat trick, and Haley is gonna be pissing blood for the next few days.

Good nights work

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I keep trying to reassure my friends who are Leafs fans that they're almost guaranteed to get it, but their PTSD from the past few years is getting the better of them.

I got 2 tickets for Game 5 in the reds. May not be able to go though. So they may be available if Red or someone wants to buy them.
I couldn't get in on the sale today, so if you end up selling them, I'd definitely be interested.

Solo

Ill PM you in a day or two if im gonna sell them Red. I'll give you the NHL GAF discount of double the price! Nah I'd sell them at face value.

In other news...
Bolts won
Isles won
Leafs lost

itshappening.gif

Hold onto your butts if the Bolts beat Montreal tonight!

espher

The Leafs haven't gotten much help down the stretch, either, relatively speaking. They got a couple of assists from teams playing the Isles, but the Bolts, Bruins (especially Bruins!) and Sens have basically only lost games to teams also in the hunt over the past two weeks.

Montreal, Chicago, Columbus, etc... all let downs. :p

IT'S OK THOUGH BECAUSE WE ONLY HAVE COLUMBUS AND PITTSBURGH IN A B2B TO FINISH THE SEASON :) :) :)

Leafs are going to choke aren't they?

I know it's a "lolchoke" because they could drop four in a row to end the season (and I don't like the trend that the losses are all 4-1 losses here), but even including those two losses they are 16-10-6 since the beginning of Feb (11-4-1 in the past month), so, I mean, they kind of went on a bit of an offensive tear relative to where they were before that point. They're playing five in seven, with three games against the league's top teams, including two back-to-backs - the Tampa and Buffalo games were honestly the only ones I was expecting them to realistically have a chance to win at this point, so it's hard for me to call it a collapse.

I'll still be super salty about it, but this is no 18-wheeler-off-a-cliff or it-was-4-1 scenario for me.

Solo

Hope the Habs are scratching their entire roster tonight for AHL guys

Habs have nothing to play for and Tampa has everything to play for, plus they'll want to avenge the loss to the Habs last week.

I'm thinking (and hoping, for the Leafs lolz) that Tampa destroys us tonight. Only game on the entire NHL schedule, too.

Top Bottom