• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Solo

Habs lineup for tonight:

- no forwards being rested
- only Weber on D being rested
- Price starting

Its a risk injury/fatigue-wise, but I respect Julien for not coasting to the playoffs and sitting guys. The team is pretty hot and I guess he wants to keep that going.

yyzjohn

Banned
Habs lineup for tonight:

- Price starting

Its a risk injury/fatigue-wise, but I respect Julien for not coasting to the playoffs and sitting guys. The team is pretty hot and I guess he wants to keep that going.

You're also playing a tired Tampa team on a back to back and 3 games in 4 nights.

imBask

Banned
even if we miss... at least we played meaningful games all the way to the end :p

snapshot_dvd_00.22.21_%5B2010.08.17_00.38.55%5D.jpg

BTails

Guys, even if the Leafs Go 0-2-0 for the last two games, they still have a 51.3% of making the 'yoffs. Still over 50%! And the Habs aren't sitting anyone except Weber tonight against Tampa.

Leafs will find a way to choke, I'm sure... :(

Reckheim

Habs lineup for tonight:

- Price starting

Julien does look like a typical leafs fan so maybe he's doing it on purpose.

Yawnier

Banned
Eughhhhhhh the next week is gonna be hard as fuck on my nerves, I except it to shave off at least half a decade off my life expectancy

Cake Boss

Banned
You mean before the playoffs? Yeah. Though it seems he nursing some bruises on his feet. No reason those don't just heal with some rest in time for the playoffs.

I actually just listened to the interview.

He says if the playoffs started tomorrow then he would play, right now he says he is out because of precautionary reasons.

PillarEN

Is there anybody that wants to see the Islanders in the playoffs? Aside from Caps fans? It's not like they got any hope. They aren't that good. Healthy Tampa is good. Toronto is fun. Islanders are the team known for Tavares being a god on a team that doesn't have the slightest chance to make it to the conference finals.

Solo

I thought Toronto controls their own destiny. No?

Yes. They only need 1 of 4 points. But 2 games ago they only needed 1 of 8 points and looked how that's worked out so far.....

Also their destiny has been April golf for many years now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist will start tomorrow night in Ottawa. Antti Raanta gets the season finale against the Penguins at MSG on Sunday.

That will probably be Raanta's final start as a Ranger unless something happens to Hank in the playoffs, so nice to let him get the home closer.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Because of tiebreakers?

Yeah. We lose both tiebreakers to NYI and Tampa.

Or rather... we win the tiebreaker against NYI but they have ROW advantage so unless they win a shootout to even ROW, then we lose.

(that is if we get 1 point)

Solo

The plus for you is that those games are totally meaningless for them. The Penguins are locked into 2nd. The Blue Jackets are locked into 3rd.

The bad news is that a Pens team without Malkin, Kunitz, Letang, and others still put up 7 last night lol

imBask

Banned
Leafs missing the playoffs because they have too many Leafs points really is the fucking dream, the Leafiest way of missing the playoffs

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gaf couldn't contain the amount of O'Leary wine gifs I would need to post to express my happiness of the Leafs choking once again.

I don't see it happening, but all my friends who are Leafs fans are stressing real hard right now.

Holiday

Banned
I think the Leaves will get in and win the first game against Washington, leading to many "could they do it?" articles, then lose 4 in a row crushing any optimism. Polak will be on the ice for the series-clinching goal against.

imBask

Banned
I think the Leaves will get in and win the first game against Washington, leading to many "could they do it?" articles, then lose 4 in a row crushing any optimism. Polak will be on the ice for the series-clinching goal against.

even if they're down 3-0 and they win 1 by chance, Mirtle will write an article titled : "This is the year"

imBask

Banned
My money was on the Pens but without Letang and others idk... I think it's pretty safe to say there's only one team left to win the east and the road to the cup is wide open

#25 is coming home baby, Habs without a doubt

yyzjohn

Banned
My money was on the Pens but without Letang and others idk... I think it's pretty safe to say there's only one team left to win the east and the road to the cup is wide open

#25 is coming home baby, Habs without a doubt

I wouldn't doubt it, especially if Price gets hot.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wouldn't doubt it, especially if Price gets hot.
His save percentage since Julien was hired is .943

He's already gotten hot, playing his best hockey right now, which is why I imagine they don't want to take him out of these meaningless games.

Top Bottom