• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Razorskin

----- ------
In gif form

829310884sxsyl.gif

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Andy with a huge game and the SO :D

This was probably the best game the Sens have played since that Red Wings ownage earlier in the season.

Only change I would make is less penalties. But seriously, no complaints :)

Wild got destroyed tonight.

Again.

Dropped out of the playoffs to a team with multiple games in hand.

Something has to change. Come on.

Nine fucking goals total in the last nine away games? Losing eight of them? Jesus.

Cake Boss

Banned
Screw you. When the Sens make the playoffs, you and the rest of Sens-gaf should be required to have "Bandwagonners" plastered across your avatars.

Yeah right motherfucka, this is the same feeling sensfans after they beat Detroit, or the Boston game, or the StLouis game.

These fucks will lose their next 5 and have 1 more good game to raise fans hopes again like tonight.

But I am still going to enjoy tonight because fuck the Pens and dar Norrison goal!!

Welp, glad I went to drop-in hockey instead of watching this game, team was starting to win and they realized they couldn't let the fans think they might be turning it around. Nope, can't have that, and by the sound of it they played terrible and Quincey continues to be worse than Cleary, who'd a thunk it?

Wild got destroyed tonight.

Again.

Dropped out of the playoffs to a team with multiple games in hand.

Something has to change. Come on.

Nine fucking goals total in the last nine away games? Losing eight of them? Jesus.

I wasn't trying to be a dick really when I said the wild are a bad team, I just don't think that Parise and Suter are going to lead you anywhere. Star power is something that you add on to a well built team to become a contender but I can't remember the last time I watched a wild game and thought they looked on top of their shit offensively. Suter is your 4th top scorer and he has zero goals.

Acid08

Banned
I wasn't trying to be a dick really when I said the wild are a bad team, I just don't think that Parise and Suter are going to lead you anywhere. Star power is something that you add on to a well built team to become a contender but I can't remember the last time I watched a wild game and thought they looked on top of their shit offensively. Suter is your 4th top scorer and he has zero goals.

Yup. In a couple years they could have something but they have too many immature pieces to do anything meaningful right now.

Vman

Heatley really hamstrung us, that and Brodziak completely sucking. We showed we can be a top 5 team in the west earlier this year. it's just that the supposed depth can't even be shown because Heatley restricts us cap-wise. That said I still think we are going to the playoffs as a 5-8th seed. Also lol at those who say you don't build around Parise & Suter. Those are the exact type of players you want on a contender.

19&21, not trying to make excuses but the times we played you you have caught us playing like shit. When we were good earlier we were exciting and outshooting and outplaying teams ever night. The whole game was in there end. then we got away from that. not sure why lol

Parise is a bona fide top line winger. Suter is a Norris-caliber defender. They're certainly players to build around.

But there hasn't been a whole lot of building around them. The Wild lost a lot of veterans and replaced them with a lot of young guys.

I think Fletcher has done a fine job drafting, but his trades have only been okay and his free agency acquisitions outside of Parise/Suter amounts to Cooke(good) and then nothing.

It doesn't help that Yeo tries to turn the entire team into a dump and grind the boards to dust. Which works for some. But Parise and Koivu are playmakers. Pominville is a shooter. Granlund is a playmaker. And Yeo tries to get them to work so darn hard for everything.

Its frustrating to watch. The Wild now are the most boring team I have seen iced since I started seriously watching hockey seven or eight years ago. Just a horrendous on ice product.

I took offense to your comments about them being a bad team because I honestly do not believe that this is a bad team. They might not be consistently good but they certainly aren't bad. At least a few weeks ago when you said that. Start of the season? They were great.

Lately? They're terrible. There is no other word that is applicable. Ugh.

Heatley really hamstrung us, that and Brodziak completely sucking. We showed we can be a top 5 team in the west earlier this year. it's just that the supposed depth can't even be shown because Heatley restricts us cap-wise. That said I still think we are going to the playoffs as a 5-8th seed. Also lol at those who say you don't build around Parise & Suter. Those are the exact type of players you want on a contender.

So how exactly are you going to build around Parise and Suter with those massive contracts? You guys have something like 2 mil in cap space right now. Do you have a treasure trove of prospects that no one knows about?

Vman

So how exactly are you going to build around Parise and Suter with those massive contracts? You guys have something like 2 mil in cap space right now. Do you have a treasure trove of prospects that no one knows about?

Because Heatley's 7.5 mill comes off the books in the summer and a couple other guys, and yes we have a bunch of prospects. We are generally regarded as having one of the top 3 prospect pools.

7.5 for Heatley comes off the books. Cap is going up be over 6 million this year.

Nino looks better every game and could become a 50 point player as soon as next year. Same for Granlund.

I'm not worried about the cap at all.

I'll believe it when I see it with the wild, honestly. I don't see a winning group out there, I think it's going to be a tough next couple of years for you guys. I hope Harding can stay healthy, my father and my aunt have MS and I'm all too familiar with how entirely life destroying it can be even if you're doing everything you can to keep it at bay.

Osorio

Can't see us doing much of anything this game. It's not often I see a team with such solid forechecking. They close the gaps in our zone well so as to make our zone exits difficult as fuck. If the Hawks don't score now they will in the second with our line changes definitely fucking us over.

Yep. 12 shots.

Top Bottom