• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Sanjuro

Maybe his other parts, then put them in the foolish GAFfers who compare Tyler Seguin's 2013 stats, not his work at Dunkin Donuts.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really glad to see Trouba fall on Cooke at the end, after that slough foot on Scheifele. I wonder what Kane was saying to Cooke when they were chirping, probably reminding Cooke that he one-punched him as an 18 year old in his rookie year lol.

EDIT:

Lest we forget:
kane-cooke-koeydm6.gif
One of the greatest moments in recent NHL history. I've seen that video probably 25 times and never get tired of it.

Okay I'm back at my PC.. What an incredible night!

Tonight we got to the game and after some crazy ticket shenanigans, we were able to get to our seats. We did the pre-game warmup stuff and had our signs up but we got there a bit late due to the ticket shenanigans. We did get to show off the signs and some of the looks from players were amazing.

We did run by the tunnel before they ran in and screamed for Peverley but he did not notice.

Finally got to our seats and we had our signs waiting for when they came out. Seguin was trying to read the sign (our Google one) and was confused as all hell. Antoine Roussel was laughing like crazy at the sign.

Peverley was making sure to focus on the game and never even noticed us until the start of the second period when he saw the signs and us and actually tried talking to us over the glass. I think he asked what was on our heads (the masks) but we couldn't hear him nor could he hear us. He was laughing though with Colton Sceviour about the shenanigans and I hear it was all caught on the broadcast.

BciVjkkCEAAlMRj.jpg

We made the jumbotron NUMEROUS times. I think about 4+ times throughout the evening. Here is a clip of us on there recorded from a friend in the upper bowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HgbqW2wJvk

At the end of the game, something unexpected happened. Antoine Roussel came over to us and asked us if he could have the sign. We threw it over the glass and he took it. We were stunned and stoked but he actually turned around and then gave us his game stick! He took one of three of the signs back to the locker room.

Here is Mer (She helped us make the signs with the stick after the game)

1538921_10100532818439767_108942899_n.jpg

After the game we decided to go to the Old No 7 Club in the American Airlines Center to see if we can see some players leaving the arena. They have this nice glass setup on the bottom part of the bar where you can watch players all dressed up and leaving the arena.

We got to see Antoine Roussel (who mouthed that he loved the signs and gave us a thumbs up) as he walked by, Stephane Robidas (who is surprisingly walking and with only a slight limp even though he broke his leg about a month ago), Val Nichushkin who had no idea what was going on, Tyler Seguin who gave us a nod, Dan Ellis, Kari Lehtonen etc.

Mr. Rich "Raptor Jesus" Peverely was walking out with his wife and two kids (who were adorable in their two mini Peverley jerseys) and he noticed our signs. He gave us a huge thumbs up and laughed. He kept walking and went to sign some autographs for special guests outside of the area we were at. He then turned around and walked inside the room we were at and came directly to us.

Apparently others said that players never walk into the Jack Daniels Club unless it is New Years Eve or something. We got to chat with Rich Peverley! He asked us where we were from and HE DOES KNOW ABOUT RAPTOR JESUS. I told him it originated in Atlanta and he said he knew about it! I also told him it followed him to Boston and now to Dallas and we wanted to keep it alive. He laughed and thanked us and we got to grab a picture with him and he autographed the signs and our Raptor Jesus jerseys. He is an incredible dude and easily my most respected hockey player that I have ever met.

What an insane night! So glad me and my friend went through all of this. It was a total blast :D

(As you can see .. one sign is missing.. Roussel took that one :p)

BcjJpvXCQAAboWp.jpg

1524645_10100532810201277_818903373_n.jpg

1514660_10102014205607778_796414509_n.jpg

Videos of us meeting him
http://youtu.be/tS-siIHexp4
http://youtu.be/fSQg_38X_og

LOL let's be honest here. The team can. Your owner doesn't want to. Aren't there more marching orders to shed salary?

GM can do what he wants unless it doesn't involve more spending as far as I know. Supposedly they have to shed salary as well.

It fucking sucks any way you look at it.

I doubt they will trade Spezza, would look bad on them after giving him the C not long ago.

Steen and Polak out. Not feeling too good about our chances, but hopefully it's an enjoyable game and not a typical lazy slow start after a break.

You'll be fine. I think we're like 10-1 on the second game of a back to back this year. Law of averages is bound to kick in at some point.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow that Reinhart and McDavid combo...!

Bo Horvat, too. Yay a good Canucks prospect!

Shinkaruk underwent hip surgery. Basically lost his entire year of development with the initial injury and now surgery. :/ sad after how well he played in the preseason... Hope it doesn't ruin his development.

Top Bottom