• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

dat salt

vyGaPrr.png

they're all pens fans but it's something?

They really were, I felt bad for the Panthers. Crowd was going crazy for the Pens.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty pumped for the game tonight. The Islander's are one of my favourite teams, and I want to see how we stack up against them. Hopefully the Habs are ready, or the Islanders will tear them a new one.

Red_Man

Halak vs Price should be fun to watch.
Dude is always a stone wall against us, I expect no less tonight. AGally line will need to step up.

Edit:

The Montreal Canadiens have been looking for another goal-scoring winger for the last few seasons, and may have set their sights on their next target.....Bergevin has held discussions with the Edmonton Oilers about right wing Jordan Eberle and Nail Yakupov, and while a deal for Eberle appears unlikely, the Habs would "love" to get their hands on Yakupov, according to a League source.
I would love this if he could make the deal without moving Beaulieu. Seeing A.Gally reunited with Yakupov would be awesome.

zroid

Banned
Looooool just saw the highlights of the Flames/Kings tilt. Gaudreau's equalizer was amazing, it wasn't even a shot, centering pass that bounced off Doughboy's skate. Perfect.

Quick's tantrum afterwards was equally satisfying.

Montresor

This is the video for the 20-round shootout between the Caps and Panthers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99lUzrMSjBA.

In my many years watching hockey I don't think I've ever seen a broadcast team that was so pathetically biased. This is obviously a Caps broadcast team. "Thank goodness they [Florida] missed!" or "Look at the boys in white, they are loving life!" or "Come on Caps players, turn your rally caps all the way around, let's get into this!!!"

I don't think even Joe Bowen has ever been like this for Leafs broadcasts.

Every TV I've ever owned I've either sold or given away to family after needing to upgrade. Hell, I've still got a 8 year old Panasonic LCD in a spare bedroom. But my Samsung LED shits itself not 2 years in with a bad panel.

We just replaced a totaled 3 year old LG washer a month ago.

Glorious 2014.

Grats on the win tonight TB. The Pens are done, it's a miracle we got a point out of Florida last night and we're in even worse shape today. I'm not sweating it though, we can afford to coast for awhile.

Every TV I've ever owned I've either sold or given away to family after needing to upgrade. Hell, I've still got a 8 year old Panasonic LCD in a spare bedroom. But my Samsung LED shits itself not 2 years in with a bad panel.

We just replaced a totaled 3 year old LG washer a month ago.

Glorious 2014.

Front loader? My whirlpool died and was unfixable after 2 years. Things are garbage.

Impressive comeback by the Flames last night.

Good game by the Canucks too, but this Arizona team was the same one they lost 5-0 to a few weeks back so it's nothing to get too excited about.

ZeroGravity

Grats on the win tonight TB. The Pens are done, it's a miracle we got a point out of Florida last night and we're in even worse shape today. I'm not sweating it though, we can afford to coast for awhile.
Penguins have won, like, the last 10 in a row against the Lightning. They'll find a way to win. Tampa will probably hand it to them.

zroid

Banned
McJesus vs the smellies and San Jose's own Mirco Mueller tonight

not sure whether to see that or the Leafs get beat again

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in Florida now, so I was resigned to the idea of not seeing the Rangers-Capitals game tonight (at least not on TV), but for some inexplicable reason cable in Palm Beach County gets CSN Washington. Who knew?

Also my ticket for the game tonight sold for an exorbitant price, so I'm pretty happy about that too.

Red_Man

Which model was the TV? I just recently bought a Samsung Smart TV, hopefully it's not something common.

ShaneB

This is the video for the 20-round shootout between the Caps and Panthers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99lUzrMSjBA.

In my many years watching hockey I don't think I've ever seen a broadcast team that was so pathetically biased. This is obviously a Caps broadcast team. "Thank goodness they [Florida] missed!" or "Look at the boys in white, they are loving life!" or "Come on Caps players, turn your rally caps all the way around, let's get into this!!!"

I don't think even Joe Bowen has ever been like this for Leafs broadcasts.

Meh. It's the teams broadcast pair, they're allowed to be biased. It can certainly be annoying if it's not your team, but Hockey broadcasts are set up with both teams getting their own broadcast, with the occasional national broadcasts happening of course which would try and appear neutral. You can go across the league and see the same for every team. *coughJackEdwards* They're all a bunch of homers!

I like Joe Beninati, Craig Laughlin can be a bit of a dope usually though. Ah well.

Cake Boss

Banned
@SunDoniB: #sens have just confirmed they will be making submission to NCC for the redevelopment of Lebreton Flats - and hope to move downtown"

Knowing this city, the land will just turn into a park for seniors to have sex in.

Joel Armia gonna play his first NHL game tonight for Buffalo, and they put him on the first line with Girgensons/Ennis.

That's either a lot of confidence in him, or a lot of not-confidence in Drew Stafford.

Red_Man

Joel Armia gonna play his first NHL game tonight for Buffalo, and they put him on the first line with Girgensons/Ennis.

That's either a lot of confidence in him, or a lot of not-confidence in Drew Stafford.
How has his development been? I remember him being pretty impressive during his time at the WJ's but haven't really heard much about him since.

How has his development been? I remember him being pretty impressive during his time at the WJ's but haven't really heard much about him since.

He didn't start in the AHL until last year and he definitely had to adjust to North American hockey. He's already matched the amount of goals he had last season though (7) in less than half the games.

Red_Man

Islanders called up a back up goalie, looks like Halaks yearly injury may have arrived.

Not a LOTR enthusiast but knew of the books. Didn't really look into the trilogy of movies. Wasn't til after the first one that I realized the story stopped and friend told me they were making the book a trilogy.

But man if you like the finer details they really use them to stretch it out

Red_Man

I like the Hobbit movies. *Shrugs* they're not LoTR quality, but entertaining nonetheless. I haven't seen the 3rd one yet.

Islanders recall Poulin from AHL on emergency basis

The New York Islanders have emergency recalled goaltender Kevin Poulin from the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers, according to the team's official transaction page.

Islanders head coach Jack Capuano said Tuesday that Jaroslav Halak was getting a maintenance day after making five consecutive starts, including back-to-back nods Friday and Saturday. Halak did not practice Monday.

Chad Johnson will start Tuesday night's game against the Montreal Canadiens, but an emergency recall suggests Halak may be dealing with an injury.

Halak is Injured again?

Top Bottom