• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Solo

I didn't think Bozak would outlast Desharnais.

Does this move leave Montreal a bit shallow at C?

No. DD wasn't playing many games and when he did, he actually screwed up the centre depth. You can argue about the calibre of the depth, but it's set with AGally, Danault, Plekanec and Mitchell.

If we had Duchene it would look a lot better though.

Cake Boss

Banned
Brandon Davidson to Habs, Desharnais to Edmonton. Habs retaining 20% according to LeBrun

C5zB7sBXEAAdHI8.jpg

Parch

Davidson has been hurt a lot but he's alright defensively as long as you don't expect any points. Oilers felt they got enough low grade D depth and Davidson wasn't going to be expansion protected so he was expendable.

Desharnais is just blech. Better deal for Montreal IMO.

Draisaitl isn't playing center. It's been Letestu who actually has been very valuable. Best faceoff guy and good on the powerplay and PK. Desharnais will get 4th line ice until the Oilers learn that he's crap.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Does it matter that DD is gone now that Danault is the new Davey?

15 games without a goal but still #1 centre. Galchenyuck goes one game without scoring and he gets demoted.

I guess you never really leave Chicago. I wonder if the Hawks called about Versteeg?

Maybe DD the Oilers' consolation prize for not getting Boyle.

Line_HTX

I see that NBCSN switched to Caps / Rangers.

Never should have shown Philly to begin with given it was going to be a blowout from the start.

Solo

Does it matter that DD is gone now that Danault is the new Davey?

15 games without a goal but still #1 centre. Galchenyuck goes one game without scoring and he gets demoted.

For real. Although Danault is much better than DD. But you're right, he's getting the same treatment as DD.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For real. Although Danault is much better than DD. But you're right, he's getting the same treatment as DD.

Luckily Radulov and Pacioretty have fantastic chemistry so it doesn't really matter who plays between them, and Danault can hustle back on defense.

Parch

Settling for Desharnais is telling me there was zero interest in Davidson. Plus Chiarelli convinced he wanted a center because they don't want to separate Connor and Draisaitl and Cagguila wasn't getting it done.
Still...Desharnais? Blech.

Settling for Desharnais is telling me there was zero interest in Davidson. Plus Chiarelli convinced he wanted a center because they don't want to separate Connor and Draisaitl and Cagguila wasn't getting it done.
Still...Desharnais? Blech.

It's Chiarelli. I remind you, he thought trading Hall for Adam Larsson was a good idea. Not to mention the Seguin deal when he was in Boston. Guy has always had a suspect at best record.

calder

I stopped watching the game during intermission so I could play Horizon instead but doesn't look like the Jets will be improving the record of teams coming off the break.

Can't wait to hear Chevy talk tomorrow about being in the hunt 🙄

Top Bottom