• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dave LozhohohoVerified account
‏@davelozo
Ducks and Rangers are both hot garbage right now.

The Rangers are on pace for 100 points.
The Ducks are 4 points out of the playoffs.
What a league.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty nuts that Stars built this team with trades, especially with the bargains they got for Sharp and Spezza, almost unfair
Benn and Klingberg are huge pieces, to be fair, and they were drafted.

But yeah, as much as a team can be built through trades...

Season going from disappointing to disastrous in a hurry. :|

We better get a top 5 draft pick at least. And, silver lining time, at least some of the young guys like Copp and Armia have looked pretty solid lately.

Sad thing is that even the race to be the worst is tight. I wouldn't be surprised if we only ended up closer to the lower end of the top 10 if we end up continuing down this path.

Pikma

Banned
giphy.gif

Gonna be a long four months...
Hey you're not Jhonny

Stasis

Anything Habs related I won't believe until Lavoie is posting it tbh.

If you go to Francois Gagnon's twitter there's a lot more logical discussion about it and Therrien, etc.

Says he thinks Therrien's position won't be at risk until Price comes back.

Also says acquiring Simmonds would be huge, but at what price? Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Gallagher? Says the Flyers will want a lot coming back.

calder

Sad thing is that even the race to be the worst is tight. I wouldn't be surprised if we only ended up closer to the lower end of the top 10 if we end up continuing down this path.

I'm terrified, and 98% certain, that the Jets will go on a nice streak in like February and ensure they finish outside the bottom 10. So they won't make the playoffs (almost impossible now really) and they won't even get a top 10 pick.

This team so desperately needs a true top 5 talent, it's had way too many years of 12th-15th overall picks and that mediocrity is just so hard to escape.

imBask

Banned

If you go to Francois Gagnon's twitter there's a lot more logical discussion about it and Therrien, etc.

Also says acquiring Simmonds would be huge, but at what price? Beaulieu, Galchenyuk, Gallagher? Says the Flyers will want a lot coming back.

fans tend to overevaluate trades, it could end up being like a 2nd pick and Beaulieu somehow and I wouldn't be surprised

I'm terrified, and 98% certain, that the Jets will go on a nice streak in like February and ensure they finish outside the bottom 10. So they won't make the playoffs (almost impossible now really) and they won't even get a top 10 pick.

This team so desperately needs a true top 5 talent, it's had way too many years of 12th-15th overall picks and that mediocrity is just so hard to escape.

Given that we've been the worst team in the league for the past 20 games, I expect the continuing trend to negate any potential streak we may find in the future. As for our draft fortunes, the problem is that most of the issues the team has comes from back when it was in Atlanta. The Jets themselves have only had one year where they were had 12th-15th overall picks and didn't make the playoffs. But yeah, I agree we need a top 5 talent. Perhaps Edmonton can lend us one of theirs.

calder

Can we have Ladd back yet?

Oh, you need a veteran presence? When the chips are down and the game is tied late you need a leader who can look around and say "don't worry guys, I'll take the stick foul in the offensive zone with 4 minute left and ensure we don't even get to OT. Dinner reservations are safe tonight!" and then follow through?

In that case, yes, yes you can. Second round pick and some AHL guy maybe?

I think Bergevin can Get Simmonds.I'd give them a First Rounder and a couple of picks and Prospects for him. Maybe A Top Prospect.
I hope Galchenyuk and Beaulieu are off limits.
The players I'm willing to give up is Eller and Emelin,Scherbak

If this is true that is. When does the Trade Freeze End..?

Stasis

fans tend to overevaluate trades, it could end up being like a 2nd pick and Beaulieu somehow and I wouldn't be surprised

I feel like Simmonds would involve a 1st if it's just Beaulieu, but I don't know much of anything Flyers-related. I was just posting what Gagnon said.

Definitely most fans overvalue their own players while devaluing a potential trade partner's though. I also believe Simmonds would be a good fit for the Habs.

I feel like Simmonds would involve a 1st if it's just Beaulieu, but I don't know much of anything Flyers-related. I was just posting what Gagnon said.

Definitely most fans overvalue their own players while devaluing a potential trade partner's though. I also believe Simmonds would be a good fit for the Habs.

I think Tinordi would look good in a Flyers Jersey. Just Sayin.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Beaulieu is looking so good right now, he has flashes of Subban throughout every game. If he can stay this consistent, he'll be a monster. Something has to give with AGally - Therrien, it's obvious Therrien has some issue with him. He's been the best forward during this losing streak by a mile and is still underused in criminal fashion.

Beaulieu and Gallagher are off limits. I'd like to think Bergevin isn't stupid enough to trade Galchenyuk because his coach doesn't like him. Trading away our first this year is pretty much a given, especially with how stacked our prospect pool is right now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, you need a veteran presence? When the chips are down and the game is tied late you need a leader who can look around and say "don't worry guys, I'll take the stick foul in the offensive zone with 4 minute left and ensure we don't even get to OT. Dinner reservations are safe tonight!" and then follow through?

In that case, yes, yes you can. Second round pick and some AHL guy maybe?
Does a 2nd, Bickell, and Shaw work?

Id be up for it next year. I just don't have the money or the time right now
Id be up for it next year as well.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Jimmy Howard; Get bent.

The only game I get to go to this year and it's just terrible. It was over half way through the 1st. Only good thing to come of it was getting to see Larkin continue to be a baller (if he doesn't get the Calder I'm gonna riot) and Mrazek once again proving to be the superior goalie.

Ursn

I stopped and checked the score after the 2nd period last night. Tonight I watched the whole thing. I should really do something more productive with my time.

Top Bottom