• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Silexx

Gary should hire San Diego native P.O.D.

pod4.jpg

Aren't they a Christian rock band?

zroid

Banned
Unfortunately it's too long, but I like:

World Junior Hockey Championships 2016 |OT| The only annual hockey championship a Canadian team can win

I wish PK and Marchand weren't the Center of this Winter Classic Doc.

I wanna know more about Tuukka and the rest of the Bruins. Same with the Habs, I wanna know more about Markov or Petry.

Edit:Jimmy Hayes seems like a good kid

Wanted something in the background, so put on GCL and went to classic games. Watching the final game of the Oilers/Isles 1984 SCF. The camera work is so much more dynamic than today's game - the movement, the zooms, everything is so much faster. The cameraman seems to zoom in and out a lot more, to the point when an individual player will frequently take up a good third of the screen during play - much more so than today's game.

It actually kinda gives me a headache @_@

zroid

Banned
Wanted something in the background, so put on GCL and went to classic games. Watching the final game of the Oilers/Isles 1984 SCF. The camera work is so much more dynamic than today's game - the movement, the zooms, everything is so much faster. The cameraman seems to zoom in and out a lot more, to the point when an individual player will frequently take up a good third of the screen during play - much more so than today's game.

It actually kinda gives me a headache @_@

I feel like that's because of the resolution. If it was a wide angle all the time you could barely see shit.

I feel like that's because of the resolution. If it was a wide angle all the time you could barely see shit.

That would make sense. I initially just chalked it up to the "traditional" way to shoot the sport since the 60's games share the same sort of framing, speeds, etc. Going ahead nearly ten years (Kings/Habs SCF) has angles and motion similar to today's game. I guess improvements in film/camera tech made it easier to fully use the NTSC standard def resolution.

Top Bottom