• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

I can't believe I missed Kadri's hatty. Making up for lost time!

QX8Aj.gif

QX8Aj.gif

QX8Aj.gif

More than anything I'm just super relived we avoided a losing streak. So far the Leafs have had answers for losing, I'm beginning to let myself hope we may be able to put together a decent season for once in ages.

Also, how did we get the b-list refs two games in a row? Did they follow us from the ACC?

Erdrick

Watching the Jets with a lead in the third is like watching a toddler playing with a loaded handgun. The odd man rushes, broken coverage low, point blank shots at both ends and just constant refusal to play effective D is almost impressive by now. I have to assume it's intentional because a mediocre peewee team would have figured it out by now.

But whatever, they actually held on and, bafflingly, scored an empty net goal to increase their lead (novel!). Good game, and lmao/holyshit as Byfuglien channels his inner Paul Coffey to go coast to coast on Ladd's winner.

Evander Kane should have had some points, as he played pretty incredible tonight, and I'm glad Wheeler got a goal (EN or not) since he was working so hard for plays and stuff but just was a step or 2 off in each play.

Our PP is absolute trash though. That is my biggest concern right now. When NJ had a 3 on 5 against us when THEY were 2 men down in the box... and they have more chances than we do while short... ugh. As you also mentioned, the 3rd period is going to make me lose my hair and send me to the ICU in the hospital. They played so weak and defensively until Byfuglien basically said "screw this." and roared up the ice and won the game for us, essentially. Andrew Ladd is just playing amazing for us now too. Doing what all great captains should do: Lead by example. 2 goals and an assist. 12 goals on the year. Also, Bogosian just CRUSHED one of the NJ players. I forget his name, and it was probably ripped off his jersey as he fell, he was hit so hard. haha

The next 4 games are all against SE teams, so for the love of Selanne, if this team has any hope of remaining relevant throughout the coming months, they need to win ALL of these 4 games coming up. No loser points, no OT or Shootouts, no points and no quarter given to any of these teams. Crush them like Mark Stuart did to some NJ guy in the first period tonight!

Looking forward to Saturday at 2pm now... Keep up the winning, Jets.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings D has been so good the past few games, but now we can't score. They're finally blocking shots and tieing guys up in front of the net.

Top Bottom