• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Alucard

Banned
If you had told me the Pens would start with back-to-back road wins against the Flyer and Rangers, I would have responded with skepticism. And yet, here we are.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Last I checked, Van was leading. Holy crap. Now all we need is another Cory meltdown and then we'll still have the 'media blowing it out of proportion'. Trade him and get a # 2 back up centre already.

RC

Banned
Man, do I talk a lot of drunken shit. Trying to have a nice peaceful beer at a bar, and some girl tells me she tried to kill herself earlier today. Never had a person within the first five minutes of meeting them ball their eyes out and tell me how horrible their life is. At least I put a smile on her face and convinced her life was worth living. Did some good for once.

FOOTE

Bloody hell. I guess getting sick and staying home is one way to make sure I don't miss the first period this afternoon.

Go Blues.

This is the view from my seats for the games I'm going to. I'm happy with them. Aisle seats, so no climbing over anyone if I need to get up for whatever reason.

LFKYoW2.jpg

Go Blues.

OnPoint

Fuck, I thought Smith would be a good goalie to have in fantasy. Not looking hot so far. What a whiny bonehead to boot.

Is this the part where we're supposed to say 'Don't worry, it's a long season'? Hopefully he rights the ship for your fantasy team, though I don't really want Phoenix to do well lol

Quick

Banned
LEAFS HOME OPENERS: THE BEST 2 HOURS OF LINES/INTRODUCTIONS/PRESENTATIONS/NUMEROUS NUMBER RETIREMENTS OF 90 YEAR OLD MEN YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN HOCKEY EVER

All we do is hang, hang, hang no matter what.
Got banners in my mind, I don't wanna give it up
When you step up in the building
Look up at the rafters, UP
Then retire.
Rafters, retire, rafters, retire.

Leafs don't retire numbers, actually. There are only two numbers retired I believe.

OnPoint

Does he get the start tonight?

Ryan Miller Leaf Killer? Hell yes!
I have a bad feeling about the Leafs this year -- they're gonna give us trouble. But don't tell their fans

Honestly, I think he definitely should start tonight. It's only the second game. But it doesn't matter what I think -- our coach is Lindy Ruff. And if I recall correctly, running Miller face-first into the ground is kind of his schtick.

Bloody hell. I guess getting sick and staying home is one way to make sure I don't miss the first period this afternoon.

Go Blues.

This is the view from my seats for the games I'm going to. I'm happy with them. Aisle seats, so no climbing over anyone if I need to get up for whatever reason.

Go Blues.

I think I will be getting "sick" too. Fuck MLK Day and me having to work it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have a bad feeling about the Leafs this year -- they're gonna give us trouble. But don't tell their fans

Honestly, I think he definitely should start tonight. It's only the second game. But it doesn't matter what I think -- our coach is Lindy Ruff. And if I recall correctly, running Miller face-first into the ground is kind of his schtick.
Not just Miller. Hasek messed us up too. It's that stifling system you got that slows us down.

CrankyJay

Banned

There was a stretch of games last year where Miller was playing like shit because of Ruff riding him hard (lol) and I was screaming for Enroth to start a Leafs game. Everyone brushed me off because they thought Miller would auto-block the Leafs and they ended up whipping us.

OnPoint

Not just Miller. Hasek messed us up too. It's that stifling system you got that slows us down.

I feel, at least partially, that it was Hasek being Hasek that messed you guys up. Dude was absolutely unreal.

There was a stretch of games last year where Miller was playing like shit because of Ruff riding him hard (lol) and I was screaming for Enroth to start a Leafs game. Everyone brushed me off because they thought Miller would auto-block the Leafs and they ended up whipping us.

I don't remember exactly which game you're talking about, but I understand that feeling. I feel like we get to a point every season where we're screaming for Ruff to start someone other than Miller but Ruff just keeps putting him in. It's one of Ruff's biggest failings as a coach. In fact, if Enroth didn't prove to be decent, we'd probably still be searching for a serviceable backup.

All we do is hang, hang, hang no matter what.
Got banners in my mind, I don't wanna give it up
When you step up in the building
Look up at the rafters, UP
Then retire.
Rafters, retire, rafters, retire.

Leafs don't retire numbers, actually. There are only two numbers retired I believe.

I think the only numbers they retire are those that die while playing for the Leafs. Aside from that, they just honor numbers. I mean you can tell when Andrew Raycroft was allowed to wear Johnny Bower's number lol.

Quick

Banned
I think the only numbers they retire are those that die while playing for the Leafs. Aside from that, they just honor numbers. I mean you can tell when Andrew Raycroft was allowed to wear Johnny Bower's number lol.

Yep. Good idea, though. Don't have to worry about running out of numbers, lol.

Heretic

Go Blues.

Go Blues.

What's with the shitty angle shot?

OnPoint

Yes! At least the filthy west coast teams are good for something. Same thing with baseball, just enjoy late night viewing.

I enjoy late-night hockey. I also enjoy being able to watch a game with my father before he falls asleep, and the west coast games NEVER allow for that. 7-8:30 starts are perfect.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Friday west coast, late night games on ESPN2 back in the day were the shit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I enjoy late-night hockey. I also enjoy being able to watch a game with my father before he falls asleep, and the west coast games NEVER allow for that. 7-8:30 starts are perfect.

Thank God you didn't say "dad", I was about to have a Nam-style flashback.

calder

TSN guys on radio looking ahead to the next few games and everyone pretty much agrees that the Jets could very easily be 0-4 in a week and a 2-8 first ten. I'm an optimist, I feel like they'll stumble over an OT loss at some point.

Erdrick

TSN guys on radio looking ahead to the next few games and everyone pretty much agrees that the Jets could very easily be 0-4 in a week and a 2-8 first ten. I'm an optimist, I feel like they'll stumble over an OT loss at some point.

I... Can't argue with this. I expect the Bruins to maul the Jets in a few hours, given their road record last year and the team is essentially the same as last year minus some tweaks. I did not catch much of the game live on Saturday but the highlights I saw did not paint our defence or Pavelec in a good light.

I really hope I am wrong.

I'm also really glad I am off work today, so I can see the game on TV and also it is like -40c outside right now... Glad I plugged my car in. Brrr...

Top Bottom