• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have today off. It's great. I'm gonna watch the Bruins game and then use the rest of the extra time to trim my beard, which is going to take for-fucking-ever.

MacAttack

Is Sirius/XM the only way to listen to radio broadcasts of NHL games online?

Im stuck at work and we are scrambling to find a radio but not having any luck.

Solo

My only request for tomorrow night's Florida game is to see a better fucking hockey game. The Leafs game was one of the most embarassing excuses for a "professional" hockey game I've ever seen. It was like watching two peewee or midget teams play.

calder

I... Can't argue with this. I expect the Bruins to maul the Jets in a few hours, given their road record last year and the team is essentially the same as last year minus some tweaks. I did not catch much of the game live on Saturday but the highlights I saw did not paint our defence or Pavelec in a good light.

I really hope I am wrong.

I'm also really glad I am off work today, so I can see the game on TV and also it is like -40c outside right now... Glad I plugged my car in. Brrr...

So jealous you're off. Work is boring as hell, but at least TSN1290 has confirmed that the webstream should be fine to listen to the game (we don't have an actual radio at work, and I was thinking since TSN doesn't play live sports online the Jets game may not be streamable). So we can at least listen to the box stretching.

And yeah watching the game Saturday was tough at times. Same ol' Jets, good pressure, some really good shifts but struggle to score and then inevitably there are some ghastly defensive plays and Pavs lets in at least one goal from 30 feet away that bounces off his arm. Let's just say after the game my dad and brother were looking up how Jonathan Drouin was doing since he went back to the Q. ;)

Solo

Friedman's 30 thoughts:

4. Another big decision for Bergevin is what to do with Alexander Galchenyuk? Great talent, has "not scratched the surface of what he'll be," Bergevin said. Nothing left for him at junior level, but does it makes business sense for the Canadiens to burn a year of his contract?

I'm getting sick and tired of this "don't burn an ELC year" nonsense. It's awfully fucking pessimistic. Let a player play where they will develop best. If thats on-the-job training in the NHL (which seems to be Galchenyuk's only real option), so be it. "Burn" that ELC year. Treat your fucking players right and you'll be able to retain them. Don't worry about that year.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is Sirius/XM the only way to listen to radio broadcasts of NHL games online?

Im stuck at work and we are scrambling to find a radio but not having any luck.

FM 98.5 The Sports Hub. That is what the Bruins website listed as who does the radio for you guys during games. I think they have an online stream.

dem

Looking at the Canucks lineup the last 2 nights... I think its time to resign Jason "The Mattress" King.

And maybe Dan Cloutier

Oh wait
In September 2012 Cloutier was hired by the Vancouver Canucks as a goaltending consultant.

This explains everything.

MacAttack

FM 98.5 The Sports Hub. That is what the Bruins website listed as who does the radio for you guys during games. I think they have an online stream.
SportsHub blacks out the stream of the game online. I think most stations are required to do this because of the Sirius contract. If teams home stations streamed the game, how would Sirius get any subscriptions?

Local/hometeam game? Try AM Radio.
We are trying to find a radio. We found a lantern/FM radio around the office but we don't have 50 "D" batteries to power it.

Maybe tsn 1290? They carry all the jets games on radio
Ill give it a shot. Thanks.

calder

I don't think TSN1290 will work outside of Canada, at least we tried streaming it here but it wasn't working until we disabled unblock-us (long story, 4 dudes in an IT office fucking around with blackout testing Gamecenter and radio streams with various proxy services). We have so many options to listen/watch the game it's actually confusing us. And hell it's better than like working. ;)

I asked TSN1290 on twitter if we can listen to the game on the stream and they said yes, the guys on the radio have said all morning to you listen online or on the TSN iOS app, but their website says the game is NOT streamed. Come on people lol.

Spl1nter

I don't think TSN1290 will work outside of Canada, at least we tried streaming it here but it wasn't working until we disabled unblock-us (long story, 4 dudes in an IT office fucking around with blackout testing Gamecenter and radio streams with various proxy services). We have so many options to listen/watch the game it's actually confusing us. And hell it's better than like working. ;)

You guys really are hockey crazy.

For the leafs tonight: Franson and Komi out, Fraser and Holzer in. Gardiner says he is ready to play but probably wont be in till wednesday or thursday.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You guys really are hockey crazy.

For the leafs tonight: Franson and Komi out, Fraser and Holzer in. Gardiner says he is ready to play but probably wont be in till wednesday or thursday.

Probably 2 out of those 4: Franson/Komi/Fraser/Holzer will end up being future Islanders in a trade.

SportsHub blacks out the stream of the game online. I think most stations are required to do this because of the Sirius contract. If teams home stations streamed the game, how would Sirius get any subscriptions?

We are trying to find a radio. We found a lantern/FM radio around the office but we don't have 50 "D" batteries to power it.

Ill give it a shot. Thanks.

Many local AM should, at this point, be streaming online as well. Any luck with that?

beanman25

Looking forward to the Blues game tonight.

Also, arranging a trip to an away game with a few friends. Would be my first road game!

These Thistel and Boomer tools are annoying on XM. I have a trial with my new car, and it seems like there's only one or two shows on the NHL network.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's not that many interesting games today... Most games only have one team that'd make it worth watching... I think Winnipeg-Boston might be the most interesting one, personally :/

Smiley90

the worst is those pink ones that have spread across all sports.

. If you get a jersey, at least get a REAL FUCKING JERSEY, not some weirdo pink one that embarasses you and your team. Unless your team's jersey was actually pink, but then you picked the wrong team to cheer for in the first place.

Four fighting majors and two roughing penalties before the puck is even dropped lol

...lol why, is there some beef between Tampa and the Islanders I don't know of? oO

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Women look like trash wearing other sports uniforms. For whatever reason, hockey sweaters do it for me.

I agree with you on the hockey uniforms but I have seen some women pull off the baseball unis.

Basketball you gotta have the right shape for it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This game is over. Fucking matinees

Smiley90

I hate Tuukka.

So the three teams that most need a starting goaltender are our 3 biggest rivals. Sad story.

Also, I have Pavelec in my fantasy league, and he let me down last game, SO HE BETTER PLAYS BETTER TODAY. Also, Lindback.

Sanjuro

I agree with you on the hockey uniforms but I have seen some women pull off the baseball unis.

Basketball you gotta have the right shape for it.

That Braves girl that is posted in the thread is pretty nice. I mean, you can find any girl attractive wearing numerous things, but hackey just seems to be the top-tier.

Sanjuro

So the three teams that most need a starting goaltender are our 3 biggest rivals. Sad story.

Also, I have Pavelec in my fantasy league, and he let me down last game, SO HE BETTER PLAYS BETTER TODAY. Also, Lindback.

I'm interested to see how Khudobin fares, he looked great in Providence. I'm simply not a fan of Rask's game.

I want my Thomas, damnit.

Top Bottom