• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

I enjoy how Fortunateson bitches about how shitty the Leafs goaltending are, but refuses to accept a trade that brings in a top five netminder in Luongo.

It's like the kid's living in crazy town or something.

WTF is up with the penalties in Colorado just there?

Refs have been weird as fuck all night. Gave Dubinsky Broussard's penalties earlier, called Hejda for goaltender interference when he was pushed into him, no call on McCleod being boarded. The fight call was fucking bizarre too. Makes no sense.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I enjoy how Fortunateson bitches about how shitty the Leafs goaltending are, but refuses to accept a trade that brings in a top five netminder in Luongo.

Thing is, reimer is a good goalie but thinks he is AHL quality. No... He's not a star goalie, but he consistently gives the leafs a chance to win.

He will occasionally steal games but won't be the reason for a loss the majority of the time.

That's all you can ask for of a goaltender. Keep the team in the game.

Defense is an issue too... A lot of so-called great goaltenders face a lot of lower quality shots. You can take basically any goalie in the league except for a select few and expose the fuck out of them.

Who would you rank higher? He's put up great numbers for over a decade straight, I think that consistency definitely counts for something.

Price, halak, miller, lundqvist, kiprusoff

He's top 10 though. I'd probably have him as 6 or 7 on my list.

Whoooooo more injuries!!!!

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov
Even Huberdeau's playing hurt so rough start for tough sked #flapanth

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov
Perhaps all three Cats topliners will be out Saturday. Weiss, Steeger and Flash showed us blood-soaked sock after game. #flapanthers

Chris R

Refs have been weird as fuck all night. Gave Dubinsky Broussard's penalties earlier, called Hejda for goaltender interference when he was pushed into him, no call on McCleod being boarded. The fight call was fucking bizarre too. Makes no sense.

Good to see that I'm not crazy. Decent PK so far from the Avs here

Cake Boss

Banned
Who would you rank higher? He's put up great numbers for over a decade straight, I think that consistency definitely counts for something.

Over the decade sure, but not recently, his play has taken a step back.

Lundqvist
Rinne
Quick
Price
Miller

If I were to build a team, I would take those goalie over him anyday, he has had the luxury to play under a president trophy team. I call it the Chris Osgood.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Over the decade sure, but not recently, his play has taken a step back.

Lundqvist
Rinne
Quick
Price
Miller

If I were to build a team, I would take those goalie over him anyday, he has had the luxury to play under a president trophy team. I call it the Chris Osgood.

So you're saying he's not top 5 but... nr6? I feel like that's such a miniscule difference lol.

Let's break it down into 2 categories: Goalies capable of getting you a cup, goalies that aren't Reimer/Scrivens are in one category, Luongo is in the other. (inb4 NOT AGAINST BOSTON jokes)

You have no clue what you're talking about. FACT.

A lot of people will simply dismiss what I have to say because you know of my posting style, personality, stupidity etc...

I'm sure your knowledge of hockey is definitely high but when it comes to my hockey knowledge. I'm no Bob McKenzie but I know my stuff. I've given enough of my money to the leafs organization and to get mediocrity in return because of shitty fans like you that support mediocrity at its finest pisses me off. Make sense to you genius?

Reimer is average. Scrivens is just straight shit. Leaf fans counting on these two to get them to the playoffs or beyond are dreaming. Period.

It doesn't make sense for leafs to take on that fucking terrible contract + give up Bozak and Kadri? Are you fucking insane?

It's all that Lohan worship. Crazy follows crazy.

tumblr_lr9wjkRPPY1qb4z6jo1_500.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
He asked me which 5 goalies would you take over him and I did just that.

Do you want me to list more? Off my head I would take Halak over him.

Edit: speaking of a top 5 goalie, what a save by Quick.

Edmonton, I will allow you to win this game today provided you give Justin Schultz no points... and a concussion instead.

Yes I just wished harm on a player. It just happened. Commence hating.

Virgins have a really weird ignorant plastic outlook on how the world works.

I didn't know you would talk about yourself like that man. That's low.

Thing is, reimer is a good goalie but thinks he is AHL quality. No... He's not a star goalie, but he consistently gives the leafs a chance to win.

He will occasionally steal games but won't be the reason for a loss the majority of the time.

That's all you can ask for of a goaltender. Keep the team in the game.

Basically, Reimer is average? He doesn't give the leafs consistently a chance to win. What he does is give leafs offense more work to do. What happened last season??? He was the reason for a majority of the losses. Period. You need your goalie to win games for you like some other great goalies do in this league.

Look at Halak for example when he was playing for Montreal and the playoff run they had. Halak was consistently game-in and game-out bailing the team out. That is what you call an outstanding goalie.

I mean we will see what happens this season with Reimer huh? Can't wait to see how he does.

I didn't know you would talk about yourself like that man. That's low.

They also do this "No you are" thing which has worked for them since high school but haven't yet realised that out in the Grown Up world it doesn't hold much bearing.

He left Anaheim cause he wanted a bigger role haha. I really liked him.

Same.

Guess he didn't get that "added responsibility" he was looking for...

Top Bottom