• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Torrey "Taco" Mitchell?

Nope, John "puck to the face" Mitchell:

Mitchell1-495x660.jpg

Smiley90

He got a puck to the face against Columbus, had to get 10 stitches, came back in the 3rd period and scored lol. Cue San Jose commentators complimenting how awesome of a hockey player he was and how great he looked for 2mins after he got a penalty and they showed him in the box.

Curufinwe

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

I don't think Landeskog put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit. He made himself vulnerable, but did so a good few seconds in advance of the hit. This puts the onus on Stuart to not target his head, but the head clearly was the principal point of contact.

So in my view that makes it an illegal check to the head under the new rules. It wasn't an elbow, or charging, but still illegal.

I don't think Landeskog put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit. He made himself vulnerable, but did so a good few seconds in advance of the hit. This puts the onus on Stuart to not target his head, but the head clearly was the principal point of contact.

So in my view that makes it an illegal check to the head under the new rules. It wasn't an elbow, or charging, but still illegal.

Make sure you keep your heads down kids! That way you can blame the other guy!

Curufinwe

Make sure you keep your heads down kids! That way you can blame the other guy!

You can blame him, but even if he gets suspended he'll still have a career while you might be be facing early retirement and a life of constant headaches till the day you shoot yourself in the chest and donate your brain to science.

So keeping your head up is still a good idea.

Acid08

Banned
Gomez missed the empty goal on the PP, nearly got his first goal already LOL

Wouldn't quite say that. He was in the process of getting knocked over while swiping at the puck.

Gomez has been setting up all kinds of stuff, Burish and Desi can't finish.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
yr0c7NF.jpg

This kid is so helpless, it's great. Kessel wouldn't have any problem finding Frosted Flakes.

Smiley90

yr0c7NF.jpg

This kid is so helpless, it's great. Kessel wouldn't have any problem finding Frosted Flakes.

... He... needs to find a grocery store? in BOSTON? How many grocery stores can there be, a couple hundred? thousand?

It shouldnt be anything wrong with that hit. I can see that the initial point of interest might be valid if you come from the side and hits a guy in the head while you could just as well gone for his shoulder, but if he approaching straight on you have to be able to deliver a shoulder hit.

Top Bottom