• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Acid08

Banned
You missed your player making an absolutely filthy hit on their captain. Elbow/forearm straight to the head.

Yup.

Reading through HF, sounds like Stuart threw the hit. Reactions seem mixed, sucks I didn't get to see it. Sounds like one of the Avs players retaliated and fucked over his team.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
wtf Patrick Marleau
4 games x 2 goals per game = 8 goals already.

That hit looked clean to me.

NHL Gamecenter Live is fun. I was watching the San Jose feed and they were saying things like, "there's NO reason to start a fight after a clean hit like that! I hope they give him the instigator". Then I switch to the Avs feed and they were saying things like, "disgusting dirty hit. Stuart should and will be suspended by Brendan Shanahan". Hmm.

Acid08

Banned
HAHAHAHA

Clean hit, wsoxfan you're fucking trippin. O'Byrne is a fucking idiot.

Wow Landeskog got absolutely destroyed and Marleau is still ripping it up. Big fan of Marleau, but I can't stand the Sharks as a team, going to be a tough game tomorrow if they keep playing this well.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5sLIPrqio

aww bby why you heff to be mad?

Why is Scott Gomez on TV?

yDAYaoT.jpg

This guys on NHLN is a fucking idiot.

He hit him in the head with an elbow and left his feet. How the fuck is it clean?

Also, he defended his captain. If someone rocked Tazer like that, I'd want someone to fuck them up too.
not that anyone ever would for us

He hit him in the head with an elbow and left his feet. How the fuck is it clean?

Also, he defended his captain. If someone rocked Tazer like that, I'd want someone to fuck them up too.

I agree with you, but they have a point that the fight turned momentum in the wrong direction. Doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do.

Acid08

Banned

No, he didn't.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, the last player to start a season with four multi-goal games was Cy Denenny in the 1917-18 season. Shiiiieet

The initial point of contact was the head, regardless of if it was the forearm or elbow.

Head down is not a free pass to hit someone in the head.

"it was an elbow/forearm straight to the head!"

*replay shows shoulder hitting his head*

"bububububu it doesn't matter that it wasn't an elbow!"

:lol

Acid08

Banned
The initial point of contact was the head, regardless of if it was the forearm or elbow.

Head down is not a free pass to hit someone in the head.

His shoulder was down. Was he just supposed to let him skate by?

Jesus christ, O'Byrne fucking pounded in Stuart's face

Which led to a goal, I'm sure Stuey is fine about it.

I think they just really want to solidify the definition of "choke".

Well "Game 7 Choke" was solidified by ya'll, we're just trying to carve our own niche!

Stasis

Who's ready for some Rangers losing to a poop team and fans losing their shit tonight?

I'm even forcing my gf to watch the 1st with me. I may or may not openly weep.

"it was an elbow/forearm straight to the head!"

*replay shows shoulder hitting his head*

"bububububu it doesn't matter that it wasn't an elbow!"

:lol

Oh okay. I got the part of the body that hit the head wrong. Does that change the fact that the initial point of contact was his head? No.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Was looking at the scores on NHL.com. Marleau already has 8 points?? Amazing. This guy is good.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Angle 1:
3oep7u9.png

d3XvAAh.png

7tcXg0a.png

Angle 2:
s9cLi6x.png

IjAWNPR.png

Jbw19Lx.png

- Definitely did not leave his feet.
- Looks like no elbow/forearm action.
- Head may have been initial point of contact.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He has 11 points now. 8 goals.

wat, wow. I've been following hockey only since two years (except when I was a kid) and I'm an Habs fan, so I haven't heard of him before. I like the sharks though, games I watched them play before were usually fun.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
True and this start has been amazing but I've seen too many seasons of amazing hockey which ends up as nothing to put any weight into their regular season play.

quoting this

post should be framed

and put in a museum

marty chinn is never spotted in season threads

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
San Jose commentators must have a raging boner for Mitchell. Spent a good minute complimenting his "hockey player looks" because of the puck he got to the face against Columbus lol

Top Bottom