• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

snack

Can someone tell me what Yakupov's playing style is like? Is it more American than European? I don't know too much about him other than the fact he played his junior hockey in Canada.

I am thinking about getting his jersey...
Yes. A Canucks fan wearing a Yakupov jersey. Picture that.

At least your team didn't have to go out and pick up an un-restricted free agent D-man after the second game because you had 4 regulars on you D out with injuries. Of course now that guy has turned into one of our best D men, so it worked I guess.
We've had the joy of watching Santorelli turn overs and shit play for three games. Howden isn't ready yet for the NHL IMO he just finding his stride in the AHL after adjusting to the physicality. Our scoring depth is complete shit right now, I'd prefer if we went with signing Arnott for cheap this year but I guess Tallon wants to show off the prospects instead.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me what Yakupov's playing style is like? Is it more American than European? I don't know too much about him other than the fact he played his junior hockey in Canada.

European. Skate around fast and shoot the puck hard. Kind of like Ovechkin played but without the strength and hitting.

Made me chuckle.

z6ngKMF.jpg

His stickhandling seems very Russian. But he seems very direct at going to the goal, which is something I've always seen as North American(much like Ovie I guess). I wasn´t impressed by his work ethic at the WJC.

EDIT: Just saw lamaroo´s answer and it is better, I forgot to say that he is very fast with a good shot, which is like his strongest abilities:p

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hello, boys. I've been away the past few days having surgery. I'm still hopped up on drugs and probably won't be around much for the next few days. Just wanted to pop in and say that Markov is a golden god. See you Monday or Tuesday when I'm feeling better.

Get well soon!

Chris R

I hate how the Avs game is on NHLN today :( Stupid DirecTV, forcing me to upgrade to a higher package to get it but giving me other sports channels I'll never use like NBA Network :<

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Season totally ruined..

Jagr out and DTD with back thing, Lehtonen has a 'slight tweak' so he isn't starting tonight, Roy is rumored to be out :|

Fuckkkkk

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Can someone tell me what Yakupov's playing style is like? Is it more American than European? I don't know too much about him other than the fact he played his junior hockey in Canada

Like all Russians (with the exception of Datsyuk for some reason), his playing style is "enigmatic".

I haven't seen him play enough to come up with comparables. His style is definitely more European. Very different from someone like Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle. He always looking to get open to unleash his one timer, sorta like Stamkos.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hello, boys. I've been away the past few days having surgery. I'm still hopped up on drugs and probably won't be around much for the next few days. Just wanted to pop in and say that Markov is a golden god. See you Monday or Tuesday when I'm feeling better.
Get well soon man.

Sounds like you've got some fair weather where you are.
:lol :lol

Eller is suppose to be in the line up tomorrow, and Kaberle took a puck to the face or something like that so hopefully he's out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Asham's back and Ferriero's joining the team tonight. I know pretty much nothing about Ferriero. What's the word on him, Sharks-GAF?

Please no Weber and more bottom pairing people. We have 20 of them, we need a top 4 guy.

Yeah good luck finding a top 4D, half the league is looking and the other half is Philly.

They might want Benoit back to Bingo and get a RH shot with NHL experience in there, kind of how we got Gilroy last year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well Weber is a RH shot, that explains our interest I guess. We only have 1 on the roster atm.
He has a bomb of a shot, his development here has been up and down, and he's had a lot of competition. If given the chance on the right team he could do well for himself imo.

Apparently Habs offered Subban the exact same deal as Del Zotto which is a huge low ball. I'm really confused as to why Bergevin is struggling with this deal so much.

Top Bottom