• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Most of the Toronto fans I know are pretty fair weather, they say they love the team and wear the hats but can't name a player outside of Kessel. It won't take much for a new team to gain a strong fan base.
None of us on this board, I assume. I could name all of them and even the shitheads as well...though Franson made up for his bad game the other night.

@marvie there is demand there and the money would still come in after all fees. Personally, I do think QC and Seattle would be better.

Marvie_3

Banned
Do you guys like the idea of expansion? I feel like two new teams would dilute talent availability, drive up player salaries, and ensure that teams in shitty markets would not move.

32 teams is fine in my book, it'll make for four "conferences" with 8 teams.

The NHL has a huge pool of talent to draw from(junior leagues, NCAA, euro leagues, etc.) so dilution isn't going to be much of a problem.

There won't really be any more portable teams in the near future except Phoenix unless another club has a catastrophic failure. Teams like Florida and Columbus are locked in long term so they'd have to go through bankruptcy to get out of their leases. Even if one of these teams becomes available, there are still some markets open that they could be moved to.

Edit: What a terrible goal. :lol

BEAUCH YES!

philcollins.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
None of us on this board, I assume. I could name all of them and even the shitheads as well...though Franson made up for his bad game the other night.

@marvie there is demand there and the money would still come in after all fees. Personally, I do think QC and Seattle would be better.
Nah not you guys, just random people I run into and acquaintances I have.

Steve Kouleas scares me.
He should have a creep off with Mcguire.

It isn't for the faint of heart. I've done it for indoor soccer, actually was a lot of fun, I prefer hockey but I guess any way I can throw away my instinct to self preservation is all the same. Did quite well too, some guy asked me to join his intramural team :lol

become tall like me, then you can just stack the pads all the damn time and piss off everyone.

My mannnnn.

Though I got lucky and got some flexibility too.

Acid08

Banned
Why do the Ducks always expose us as the soft frauds we are? Clowe is invisible when he isn't acting a fool, taking penalties, and playing the pick off the bench.

Why do the Ducks always expose us as the soft frauds we are? Clowe is invisible when he isn't acting a fool, taking penalties, and playing the pick off the bench.

It's not that we're the ones that specifically expose you, it's that the previous teams weren't good enough to do so.

woooo! Tomorrow is the face off fest! I'm gonna do my best to get you a Teemu signature!!!

Dude that would be fucking PHENOMENAL if you could. Thank you so much.

Revenant

My mannnnn.

Though I got lucky and got some flexibility too.

I'm kind of a flopper anyway so it's worked out, though since I haven't done it my whole life I don't have the proper form all the time, been working with our other goalies through that though. trying to merge my six and a half foot crazy octopus style with some actual tried and true techniques.

Marvie_3

Banned
Seattle and QC are better equipped to handle a franchise on short notice right now. That's what it comes down to.

The problem with 32 teams is playoffs

Too few teams would make it IMO.
Teams in the bottom half of the league shouldn't be making the playoffs.

I'm kind of a flopper anyway so it's worked out, though since I haven't done it my whole life I don't have the proper form all the time, been working with our other goalies through that though. trying to merge my six and a half foot crazy octopus style with some actual tried and true techniques.
Just remember this about the fancy kids. They'll come in with a triple deke and try to go glove side.

Revenant

Just remember this about the fancy kids. They'll come in with a triple deke and try to go glove side.

yea one of the other goalies gave me some tips when this one kid kept doing it, now I put my glove low closer to the hip, then raise it up to my shoulder as they come in closer, doesn't always work but the occasional kid just absolutely botches it leading to some funny results.

Marvie_3

Banned
No. We'd be down to half the league in the playoffs... That's meh. Not sustainable in a gate driven league with a salary cap and floor

Only 53% of the teams make it now. Not really a huge difference.

yea one of the other goalies gave me some tips when this one kid kept doing it, now I put my glove low closer to the hip, then raise it up to my shoulder as they come in closer, doesn't always work but the occasional kid just absolutely botches it leading to some funny results.
This is how I always played it. I never really had to worry about guys roofing it over me despite being pretty short for a goalie. I found it worked better if I used my glove to take away the angle rather than try to guess where they were shooting.

Top Bottom