• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Montresor

Subban is not signed on yet? What the hell Montreal? I thought he was locked up. What if in some weird turn of events, leafs signed him. Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Subban is an RFA. If we offer Subban a contract, Montreal has the right to match that contract. If Montreal doesn't match, then we have to compensate Montreal with picks. The picks we give up are determined by the salary we offer Subban. The amount of salary necessary to get Montreal to take the picks instead of matching would be in excess of $7million. It would fuck over the Leaf cap, and it would fuck over the Leaf propsect pool for years to come (we would need to give up 4 first round picks).

Marvie_3

Banned
Seth Jones here we come WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who has defense and no goalies? We have too many goalies.
Chicago has zero goalies.

Subban is an RFA. If we offer Subban a contract, Montreal has the right to match that contract. If Montreal doesn't match, then we have to compensate Montreal with picks. The picks we give up are determined by the salary we offer Subban. The amount of salary necessary to get Montreal to take the picks instead of matching would be in excess of $7million. It would fuck over the Leaf cap, and it would fuck over the Leaf propsect pool for years to come (we would need to give up 4 first round picks).
Burke would just give those away anyway.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
All, I've created a GAF Yahoo! Roto Fantasy League!

I'll be taking the first 20 Gaffer's who want in (though preference will be given to long-time members of the GAF hockey community
, and Canucks fans
.) PM me with your email address if you want in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You guys stay away from our classes #1 defensemen you animals, lockout just ended.....

He's an RFA.

Offer sheet son. Red_man pls.

Ummm, I know that. I was just messing around. But honestly, I wouldn't mind if Burke went for it. And no, we wouldn't have to give up 4 first round picks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Burke wouldn't waste his time, Bergevin would match any offer Toronto could throw at Subban.

This would be a great way to get the salt flowing right away, I forgot how much I hate the Penguins.
Burke don't do offer sheets.

Kinda bitter sweet and not sure I'm interested in a half season, but better than nothing.

Is Red_Man now cap'n of Habs age?! D:
Solo to box stretch league?!

Now that we have Leafs hockey to watch, I think we'll tank for a pock since none of our guys were even practicing and the fee overseas weren't doing that well.

And who the fuck in Leafs age was saying positive things about Loluongo?! I only recall hearing it may happen, I don't recall any Leafs fans saying they WANT it to happen...Scrges pls!

Lines. Drawn.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
According to a source, and I LOVE this idea, the NHL and NHLPA have agreed that players and teams will be allowed to talk openly with each other for one week prior to July 1st.

It's Eklund, but we heard before the deal that this would happen.

Glad to see this implemented.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You know what is going to be amaaaazing? When Bettman has to present the Cup this year and will end up giving up on trying to say anything cause of the record setting amount of booing.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
KEEEESSEEELLLLELELELLELELE!!!11

Just warming up the keyboard.

Oh right, let me make sure I still can do it:

KESSSSELLLLL!!!

Kessel.gif

Fei

You know what is going to be amaaaazing? When Bettman has to present the Cup this year and will end up giving up on trying to say anything cause of the record setting amount of booing.

Unless it's a city like LA, who will politely cheer.

Razorskin

----- ------
Kessel's probably fucked, I can picture him with a gaping mouth full of cookie dough when he heard the news. He'll be lower than his favourite molasses based products when the season starts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kessel's probably fucked, I can picture him with a gaping mouth full of cookie dough when he heard the news. He'll be lower than his favourite molasses based products when the season starts.

Fool. Pastries only make Kessel stronger.

Stet

Banned

He'll be like the boulder from the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I realize that OMG Hawkeyz BackkkkK!!! and the Hopers are getting Cake Boss'd but shouldn't we organize a Fan Lockout? I'd love these fuckers to show up on opening night to play hockey and have no fans there.

But of course the Hopers and others will simply enjoy hockey being back. I'm still more pissed about how many games were lost because of all of this.

Here's hoping (yes, hoping!) that this CBA goes the full 10 years.

Did anyone see Tabris? Or is he banned? I wonder if he's furiously masturbating thinking about Daniel/Henrik Sedin. Maybe he's planning the parade in Vancouver?

Edit: Oh yeah, we're also back to watching the vaginas play some "gritty" hockey.

Top Bottom