• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was one short period. Not really the best hockey, and the Bolts are getting too much offensive zone possession time, but I'll take 1-0 after 1.

Sanjuro

not just a hat trick

a hat trick against boston

we would build a statue of him and name January 14th as a municipal holiday

I never have been to Toronto, but I think I would like it.

I liked 75% of Montreal. Some people were absolutely cunts. However, their cinema is a fucking memorial to their old stadium and their homeless girls look better than Kardashians.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I never have been to Toronto, but I think I would like it.

I liked 75% of Montreal. Some people were absolutely cunts. However, their cinema is a fucking memorial to their old stadium and their homeless girls look better than Kardashians.

We have a grocery store as our memorial to our old stadium.

Sanjuro

We have a grocery store as our memorial to our old stadium.

Hahaha, I'm sorry. At least you can get burritos there!

Yeah. I had no idea what the fuck that was. I saw a couple movies in MTL, then didn't learn till later that it was their old fucking arena.

People there are kind of aggressive. Though. I was talking to the bartender and jokingly said "Habs suck". Had these fucking dudebro bigiots ready to fight almost instantly. Still had a great time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Yeah. I had no idea what the fuck that was. I saw a couple movies in MTL, then didn't learn till later that it was their old fucking arena.

People there are kind of aggressive. Though. I was talking to the bartender and jokingly said "Habs suck". Had these fucking dudebro bigiots ready to fight almost instantly. Still had a great time.

Saying "your city's pride sucks" will do that to people.

In Vancouver you'll get an "I agree", regardless of how well the team's doing..

Cake Boss

Banned
Bd-3OjmCMAALf-Q.jpg:large

INTENSITY

Sanjuro

Saying "your city's pride sucks" will do that to people.

In Vancouver you'll get an "I agree", regardless of how well the team's doing..

Nah, I wasn't being a jerk about it, trust me. Not my style.

It was when I was a bit younger and wanted a hometown perspective on why they were called the Habs. Got various answers to hilarious degree. Most people were excited to have a Bruins fan to shoot the shit with. Others hated the fact I spoke English and I was giving their city business.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Thats Montréal for you. A lot of pride.

Go anywhere in Toronto and say "Leafs suck" and you'll get "tell me something I dont know"

curiously... a lot of restaurant owners are habs fans here

it's kind of weird.

Sanjuro

Thats Montréal for you. A lot of pride.

Go anywhere in Toronto and say "Leafs suck" and you'll get "tell me something I dont know"

curiously... a lot of restaurant owners are habs fans here

it's kind of weird.

Yeah, again I wasn't being a jerk. Just joking around while shooting the shit. Had some noisy listeners.

Yeah, I kind of gauged Leaf fans are like Mets fans. Mets fans are fucking assholes at the ballpark, but when I lived there? Local bars they were the best depressing fucks to watch sports with and drink $2 beers.

Top Bottom