• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, so blatant slash leading to a goal is ok because they had powerplays and you didn't? Rangers fan logic.

Like I said, he hid it really well because it was a sneaky little move that came almost in the same motion as his pass. It's understandable how the refs missed it. It's a bad break for the BJs but nothing more than that.

Also, Hank's reaction to giving up that goal just now was hilarious.

Oh, is ":jnc" out of style now? Let me try some much more robust and enlightening alternatives:

lol, haha, good one, hardy har, that was a joke you made

jesus dude, I'm not going to write a dissertation on why I chuckled

:jnc horseshit should stay in the cesspool that is nflgaf. not here.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like how amped up Nationwide Arena can get. It always seems pretty lively in there, moreso than a lot of other arenas.

:jnc horseshit should stay in the cesspool that is nflgaf. not here.
I have never once been in an NFL topic here. It pops up on GAF at large-- you do realize there are threads outside of of sports discussions on this board, right?

They're one of the most physical teams out there it seems like.
Apparently so. This is actually a super fascinating game - I've never seen one like it (note: i've only been watching hockey for about half a year now)

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
i must have missed you coming along while i was busy with school in the fall

yes. fuck your team

giphy.gif

Erdrick

He's not though. He's a damn wiener kid.

Well, hehe I more meant he's been in the league long enough, more than any physical aspect.

This game has been intense and it feels like a playoff game. I have absolute respect for the Hawks in all respects, and the fact that you guys aren't blowing us out anymore on a regular basis pleases me to no end.

That was the most exciting first period I think I've ever seen. Excellent stuff - reminds me why I decided that my "all sports are lame" mentality from most of my life was super misguided

Erdrick

hopefully Hutchinson is for real

I was skeptical as hell at the start of this year based on his whole 2 games last year but every game he shows more and more promise... I'm more uneasy now when Pavs plays, and I really like him as well. He played insane last night.

Marvie_3

Banned
Well, hehe I more meant he's been in the league long enough, more than any physical aspect.

This game has been intense and it feels like a playoff game. I have absolute respect for the Hawks in all respects, and the fact that you guys aren't blowing us out anymore on a regular basis pleases me to no end.

Some guys never stop being giant vaginas no matter how long they're in the league. Look at Crosby.

zroid

Banned
I was skeptical as hell at the start of this year based on his whole 2 games last year but every game he shows more and more promise... I'm more uneasy now when Pavs plays, and I really like him as well. He played insane last night.

yeah he's definitely been impressive this season, but you know how goalies are... they go hot and cold like crazy, sometimes for extended periods. Just look at Varlamov last year (and Bernier, to a lesser extent). He's still very good but that was nuts. Luckily for the Jets I think they might be good enough to weather a .915 goalie, so hope Hutch can be that guy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's actually closer than I originally thought it was. Ruling on the ice was no goal, though, so I imagine it'll stay that way.

Marvie_3

Banned
yeah he's definitely been impressive this season, but you know how goalies are... they go hot and cold like crazy, sometimes for extended periods. Just look at Varlamov last year (and Bernier, to a lesser extent). He's still very good but that was nuts. Luckily for the Jets I think they might be good enough to weather a .915 goalie, so hope Hutch can be that guy.

What are his corsi stats though? I can't decide how good Hutch is until I know that.

Top Bottom